smarba 05-Jun-23
bghunter 05-Jun-23
Rut Nut 05-Jun-23
bghunter 05-Jun-23
Rut Nut 05-Jun-23
bghunter 11-Jun-23
Rut Nut 12-Jun-23
05-Jun-23
Not really hunted related, but I know there are a lot of fitness enthusiasts on here that may be able to help.

I have a platypus 2l hydration bladder. I am looking for a good insulated carrier that I can use while running, biking, rucking etc. I would like one with that has pockets for at least a phone and wallet. As my running shorts don't have pockets.

The one I had been using is crap and the buckles a d straps broke. Plus it wasn't insulated, so as it sat on my back the water would get to warm and then taste horrible.

Thanks Shawn

05-Jun-23
Nathan running vests are top notch. Many different styles/models available, some with insulation. However, there is only so much insulation can do and eventually anything on your back will get warm. Fill with ice to help prolong the cooler temp.

05-Jun-23
Thanks I will check them out.

I agree about limits. I usually throw some ice in and even put it in the freezer for 15 to 30 mins before I go too. The one I had just had nothing so not much seemed to help

05-Jun-23

Rut Nut's Link
I have the Camelback M.U.L.E. and love it for long bike rides but also long runs and even hikes. It may have more cargo capacity than you need(540 ci or 9L) I usually carry a first aid kit, power bars, bike patch kit and small pump in addition to my wallet, InReach and a few other essentials.

One trick I have learned over the years is to fill the water bladder up to the rim with ice FIRST, then top it off with water. I have done this many days in the mid 90’s and have had cool water ALL day! At least 6-8 hours

Camelback (and other manufacturers) makes smaller packs you might want to check out at the link

05-Jun-23
Rut,

Thanks I will give them a look. I had an old hydration system by Camelback, but it was just the carrier.

05-Jun-23
Anytime- I think you will find something that suits your needs.

11-Jun-23
Smarba,

I checked out the one you mentioned they looked great. Just not exactly what I was looking for.

Rut,

I ended up with a camelback. Not as big as the one you mentioned, but will work exactly for what I needed.

Thanks

12-Jun-23
Glad you found something that will work!

• Sitka Gear