drycreek 06-Jun-23
Woods Walker 06-Jun-23
DL 06-Jun-23
Bowboy 06-Jun-23
Bottomdweller 06-Jun-23
06-Jun-23

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Today is the 79th anniversary of the D-Day invasion. I know there's not many of these people left but to all who were there, THANK YOU!

06-Jun-23
Absolutely! Thank you!

06-Jun-23
Unimaginable bravery.

Freedom isn't free.

My sincerest gratitude to them all.

06-Jun-23
Not many have the courage to run head long into the teeth of the enemy. Brave men who sacrificed everything for freedom.

06-Jun-23
Thank you veterans for your sacrifices and my freedom.

06-Jun-23
Thank you!!!

06-Jun-23
Yes, "Thank you veterans for your sacrifices and my freedom"...

06-Jun-23
155,000 Allied troops launched Operation Overlord to invade France. Some never made it to the beach, but their sacrifice was not in vain. May God Bless those that died that day, and to those who survived, but no longer with us. God Bless America.

06-Jun-23
We are forever indebted to them.

06-Jun-23
Great thread and a well deserved thank you.

06-Jun-23
Thanking our military. We lost a lot of good men that day.

06-Jun-23
Huge THANK YOU to those who served then, and now!

06-Jun-23
THANK YOU to all that served The greatest generation is called that for a reason !! NEVER FORGET!!

06-Jun-23
THANK YOU!!! Brave heros that gave us our way of life!!!

06-Jun-23
Unimaginable courage, from those brave souls.

06-Jun-23
Thank you to all who serve !

06-Jun-23
Thank you to a generation that we're not likely to see again.

06-Jun-23
"That night, I thanked God for seeing me through that day of days and prayed I would make it through D plus 1. I also promised that if some way I could get home again, I would find a nice peaceful town and spend the rest of my life in peace."

Dick Winters 06-June-1944

06-Jun-23
God Bless them..... Thank you!

06-Jun-23
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom — and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

06-Jun-23
The greatest generation! THANK YOU! And thanks to all currently serving.

06-Jun-23
Thank You Veterans of yesterday and today.

Unfortunately, many members of our current society are clueless on how close we were to losing the civilized world to Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.

06-Jun-23
Words fail to express the gratitude we owe them. SALUTE!

06-Jun-23
Always remember... We cannot thank them enough for the sacrifices they made to keep us free.

06-Jun-23
Yes, a huge thank you and God bless. Hard to imagine what they did.

06-Jun-23
A huge thank you to all those who serve and to all those who gave the ultimate sacrifice!

06-Jun-23
God bless all that have fallen and all that have served

06-Jun-23
Thanks to all that served and are currently serving.

06-Jun-23
Thank You and GOD Bless to all that served, those currently serving and all those whom either did not come back or came back with injuries.

06-Jun-23
On June 6, 1944 my dad was in the Pacific doing his part to keep us all free. He rests now among his brethren in Arlington National Cemetery in Washington D.C.

06-Jun-23
God bless them for their courage, bravery and sacrifice !

29,000 American soldiers killed and 106,000 wounded or MIA.

06-Jun-23
Thanks for the reminder. Almost all of them are gone, but let’s never forget what they did for the world.

06-Jun-23
We owe that generation everything!

06-Jun-23
There are few men now that could stack up to the average soldier during WWII. They were simply amazing and naming them the greatest generation couldn’t be more perfect.

06-Jun-23

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Let this sink in. And to think schools in most states don’t even mention this.

06-Jun-23
Most of those men were so young, 17 to 25 years of age. They had a lot of life ahead of them. They paid the ultimate sacrifice so that others lives would be saved. Heroic is an understatement.

06-Jun-23
Can you imagine the twisted knots in the stomachs of these men headed to that beach? Grateful to all who served then and now!

06-Jun-23
I was working in France some years ago. The beach was full of sun bathers and swimmers. It was sobering to see the remnants of the battle after all of these years. The guys from many countries were slaughtered on those beaches. I feel a lot of gratitude for those of my father's generation for that sacrifice. In all honesty I feel the same awe for all of our young folks who serve in defense of their(our) way of life.

06-Jun-23
It’s unimaginable to comprehend what they must have been thinking as they approached the beach, as well as the generations of soldiers, marines, sailors, and airmen that have selflessly faced the enemy to this day. None of them can ever be thanked enough.

06-Jun-23
My Dad was plus 4 if I remember correctly his bunch were the ones who stumbled on to Dachau they were the greatest generation. I can only imagine what they would think about today’s world.God Bless America ???? Lewis

06-Jun-23
Thank you Veterans for our freedoms. Never forget.

06-Jun-23
The uncle that raised me was in the second wave that hit the Normandy Beach that day. Never talked about it much until he was on his deathbed but storming the beach over GI bodies was harrowing. Maybe only those that served and their families can truly feel what was given but let us be thankful and not forget them.

06-Jun-23
That day took a special kind of courage.

06-Jun-23
When men were men. God bless their souls.

06-Jun-23
We can only speculate about how much courage it took to storm those beaches with German fire coming down upon them like rain. We still have warriors that would do the same but unfortunately they are getting fewer and farther between. We owe them more than we can ever pay. God bless the men and women in uniform of all eras !

06-Jun-23
The "Greatest Generation" indeed!

We owe them a debt that can never be repaid. One of my uncles was in the 82nd Airborne Glider corps. He went in at Sicily, and then Normandy, where he was injured when a wall fell on him and damaged a lung. End of the war for him. Spent the rest of his life in and out of the VA hospital.

It's unbelievable what they did!!!

06-Jun-23
The documentaries I’ve watched they all said they were scared to death but didn’t want to let down the guys next to them

06-Jun-23
They were the greatest generation imo. They signed up and never wavered. Being a veteran and working for the VA I got to meet a lot of them.

06-Jun-23
There truly are no words to describe the gratitude we owe those who were there that day. Or anyone else who put their life on the line for all of us in this great country at any point. May God bless each and every one of you

• Sitka Gear