Jaquomo 10-Oct-23
ahunter76 11-Oct-23
06-Jun-23

nijimasu's embedded Photo
Nominate a wounded veteran for a three-day elk hunt in Wyoming
nijimasu's embedded Photo
Nominate a wounded veteran for a three-day elk hunt in Wyoming

nijimasu's Link
I'll try this again, hoping to get it in front of as many as possible- please pass the information on-

Putting this in general forum to get in as many as possible. My son’s work is involved with GIVING AWAY AN ELK HUNT (complete with donated landowner tag) to a wounded veteran. Details are at the link. If you know someone, please nominate them. If you don't, please pass the information on.

https://www.lazyt.com/veteran-drawing

06-Jun-23
A noble cause, for sure. If this is in WY, they will need a bunch of points unless this ranch has something worked out to get a transferable tag from F&G.

06-Jun-23
What is the arrangement with the points to allow the hunter the opportunity?

I can get the information out to a BUNCH of vets. but that detail is important.

06-Jun-23
@Jaquomo and @fdp I gave them a call to see what the tag deal is. What they told me was that they have a donated land-owner tag to give the selected hunter.

06-Jun-23
Purple Heart Recipients. Good luck.

06-Jun-23
Very cool!

06-Jun-23
Ok...I'll get the link out to my folks tomorrow.

06-Jun-23
Very generous and patriotic.. Thank You

07-Jun-23
That is awesome,and the pic is too.

10-Oct-23
My son filmed the hunt the last several days. I've seen a few pictures. I'm not allowed to divulge much content, but probably ok to say both of the nominated hunters are coming out heavy. Pretty cool program.

10-Oct-23
Sounds like it will be an awesome story and video!

10-Oct-23
Great idea for some worthy vet! A couple of my most memorable threads on here were ones related to taking a vet hunting. One that comes to mind is the story told by Jaquomo of him tending to an ailing vet as elk are bugling in the background on a Colorado elk hunt.

10-Oct-23
Missed this before. Awesome thing to do! Kudos to all involved. Looking forward to the story!

10-Oct-23
Can't wait to see the film. No better cause than supporting our veterans!

10-Oct-23
For those wondering how the tag is acquired I believe you can donate a tag to a vet in Wyoming.

10-Oct-23
Yes, licenses can be donated to a disabled vet or a disabled person in a wheelchair.

10-Oct-23
This is good, please share the results when you can and thank you, and your son.

10-Oct-23
This is wonderful. Looking forward to the video!

I guided a pair of wounded veterans fly fishing on Saturday. One, an amazing 87 year old, landed a great hook-jawed five pound male rainbow. Wouldn't let me take a photo. Said just going fishing was good enough. He told me stories all day. What a life he led.

We took 12 vets altogether and local folks donated to cover all the expenses, breakfast and lunches too. The guides donated our time and flies. We can't do enough to repay our true heroes.

11-Oct-23

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
I personally sponsored a WW bowhunt a few years back. No donations BUT some came anyway.. 1 Vietnam chopper pilot & 1 middle east army medic won & we had an awesome fun time.. Awesome offer.

• Sitka Gear