Mad Trapper 07-Jun-23
Buckdeer 07-Jun-23
GFL 07-Jun-23
Shiloh 08-Jun-23
Castle Oak 08-Jun-23
Mad Trapper 08-Jun-23
B&C 09-Jun-23
07-Jun-23
I am considering a compact no-till drill primarily for planting soybeans and am looking at Great Plains and Land Pride. I would want it to have a fertilizer box. My tractor is 55hp. I would appreciate hearing pros and cons on both brands. Many thanks

07-Jun-23
I would check out habitat-talk.com they have a thread about the sayo drill,would save you about 10 grand.Either of those should be high quality though.It takes alot of the right weight for no till so picking the right one for a 55 HP will be important hopefully your fields are flat.

07-Jun-23
They’re basically both the same companies. Land Pride and Great Plains are together now.

08-Jun-23
Yep…..just painted different colors

08-Jun-23
Mad Trapper, I just purchased a Greenscape 750 no till drill from Tar River Manufacturing in NC. They also make the Sayo drills. The Greenscape series is built much heavier than the Sayo line. It has a large and small box so it can plant anything from corn to clover. The large box can be used for fertilizer but I would strongly discourage using any dual box drill for fertilizer applications. Fertilizer will eventually corrode everything and thus destroy the drill. I researched a bunch of no-till drills prior to purchasing and this drill came out on top. Don't get me wrong, Great Plains makes superb drills but we could not afford them and they were not small enough for us to transport between farms. In addition, they are expensive. The Greenscape retails for around $13,000.

08-Jun-23
Thanks!

09-Jun-23
Yep they are both the same. I am not sure if you can get one with a fertilizer box though. I have a 606nt and really like it. It plants beans, grains, alfalfa, clover, sunflowers, brassicas and more. It’s slick and bulletproof.????

• Sitka Gear