Contributors to this thread:
badbull 07-Jun-23
craigmcalvey 08-Jun-23
Smtn10PT 08-Jun-23
Bou'bound 08-Jun-23
badbull 08-Jun-23
badbull 08-Jun-23
07-Jun-23
As I have lost track of what the weight adjustment is per full turn for my Bow Madness 55-70#, I am wondering if anyone has experience regarding the weight adjustment per full turn on this model. A PSE tech has told me that it is between 1and 2 lbs. I know my present bow weight but I am without a good bowscale and would like to be as accurate as I can be as I increase the weight. Any help so that I can be more precise in my adjustments will be appreciated. Thanks, Badbull

08-Jun-23
That amount the tech told you sounds right. But it’s not a perfect science. Need a scale to know for sure.

08-Jun-23
Why do you need to know how much per turn? Just adjust them equally until its "hard" to pull and back it off a half turn from there.

SInce you can back it down too far I would crank it all the way up and then work backwards until you find a setting you are comfortable with.

08-Jun-23
The number is irrelevant the feel is the determining factor.

08-Jun-23
Thanks guys, in the end I think that you guys are correct and will take your advice. I do not trust my bowscale as it does not agree with my pro shop's scale (off by several lbs.) I am an old guy and curious as to how much bow weight I have lost due to aging. This is my primary hunting bow but need to adjust my back up bows also.

08-Jun-23
Double post

• Sitka Gear