Treeline 07-Nov-23
BlondeMuskwa 07-Nov-23
BOWNBIRDHNTR 07-Nov-23
goelk 07-Nov-23
Drop tine 11-Nov-23
Tyler 14-Nov-23
BlondeMuskwa 14-Nov-23
22-Jun-23
Hey guys the outfitter I work for (Effords) has the opportunity to get a couple extra caribou tags for this fall. October 29-November 5. A bit flexible on dates if need be. I would be the guide. Price is $20,625 plus tag $625 and tax 15% if anyone is interested Pm me

22-Jun-23
Throw in a free water buff hunt and we can talk…. ;)

—Jim

23-Jun-23
Can't believe how many of opportunities I passed up for Woodlands over the years at $6-$8k. Regret. Those days are gone.

23-Jun-23
Same here. Went after Q-L, barren ground, and mountain caribou. Figured I would do woodland later and never did. Not paying 20,000 to do it

23-Jun-23
I remember looking at a woodland hunt for my first big game hunt late 90 or early 2000 and I think I recall them around d 3,500.

23-Jun-23
Did Quebec in 1990 with my son for $5000. No hunt worth 20 thousand to me these days.

23-Jun-23
For a caribou? Lolz, this is the dumbest timeline

23-Jun-23
Caribou prices keep rising with the opportunities being fewer and fewer. Glad we can still hunt woodland caribou.

One day people will say, “back in 2023 I had the chance to hunt woodland caribou for $20K”.

24-Jun-23
MQQSE, spot on. Im saying that currently from when they were 8-10k a few years ago to now.

Dall sheep at 15k to what they are now

Nothing will be cheaper in 10 years than it is now. Currently looking at a ‘26 AK bou hunt so we can at least give them one shot.

I do think the woodland is the most beautiful of the caribou subspecies, but the prices are just too much for me.

24-Jun-23
Pricing aside…..Effords is a great place and anyone who takes this hunt will be very happy with it.

24-Jun-23

MQQSE's embedded Photo
MQQSE's embedded Photo
I went with them about 4 years ago and took mine the first day. It was a great hunt with lots of animals within hiking distance from camp. My hunt was the end of October.

24-Jun-23
Nice stag, Adam!

24-Jun-23
Effords is a great outfit and where else are you going to find an opening to hunt woodland this year?

The price is what it is. It's all about supply and demand and currently the demand warrants that price. I would be surprised if these hunts aren't already scooped up.

25-Jun-23
Full price is $27500. I’m not saying $20k plus extras is cheap just threw it out there if anyone was interested as for late October being a bad timeline we killed a 374 Net that week 2 years ago so no I wouldn’t say that’s a wrong timeline. Bob owns his own aircraft a beaver and a bell 206 flys a lot of hours and does his best to keep his hunters and guides on the animals.

25-Jun-23
It would be a great hunt…

26-Jun-23

caribou77's embedded Photo
caribou77's embedded Photo
Make an offer, worst they can say is no. I do believe there are only like 260 non resident tags in the world so it’s turned into a more rare opportunity. I took a last minute hunt with a different outfit last fall. (Very similar starting price) My caribou is going in the B/C records right now. Dumb luck but I’ll take it. (Saw 1 bull and maybe 8 cows)

Glad I did it when opportunity presented itself or I probably wouldn’t have.

26-Jun-23
Can't speak to the price, but Bob runs an excellent operation and I've seen pics of some absolute monster 'bou they've taken. Back in the 90's it seemed the 'bou tags were an afterthought. The outfitters I hunted with only cared about the moose. I swear the caribou tags were in the 1500 range. But then again I'm getting old and my memory is as spongy as the walking is in Newfoundland!

26-Jun-23
Every year Tyler shows me the pics of that gaggers his guests kill out there. While I'll likely never be in that market, if I was they've had fantastic results. Tyler is a dyed in the wool bowhunter and career guide, so not that often you know you'd be getting a wicked bowhunting guide ahead of time either.

26-Jun-23
In 2005 I paid around 3k for a woodland. Cheapest caribou hunt back then. Central Barron was $4200 for 2 bulls.

26-Jun-23
In 1974 My dad paid $3400 for a brand new 4x4 pickup. Some models are over $90,000 today. I can't believe anyone would pay that much.

27-Jun-23
i cant believe i paid 40k for a new truck in 2016, i felt like such an ass for spending that kind of money then...

now it seems like i stole it...

27-Jun-23
2001 paid $4000 for woodland AND moose ALL inclusive. 4 of us took 4 caribou and 3 bull moose.

27-Jun-23
I talked to outfitters a couple decades ago when they were 3500/4000… Now I kick myself for booking one for 2024

27-Jun-23
My friend just bought a new top end GMC pickup for $104K.

27-Jun-23
I talked to outfitters a couple decades ago when they were 3500/4000… Now I kick myself for booking one for 2024

27-Jun-23
I feel like I'm living in the Twilight zone.

27-Jun-23

PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
Picked up my new pickup last week and they had this monster on the lot for the low low price of 499k.

27-Jun-23
I thought I had seen some really stupid stuff today.

That takes the cake!

28-Jun-23
i killed four in four years 2000-2003 and it was just low cost add on to annual Newfoundland moose hunts. It helped to pass time midday when the moose were in the timber. I wish i could trade 3 of them back in for the price of today's hunts. i could hunt sheep with the proceeds or go on a couple brown bear hunts!

28-Jun-23
What in the hell is even that?

28-Jun-23
APauls compensation for a small pecker would be my guess. But they called it a 6x6 Ford raptor.

28-Jun-23
We all know prices have gone up but some way more than others. In 2005 my Dall Sheep hunt cost 11k and the Woody hunt was 3k.

Today you can hunt a Dall Sheep for pretty much the same price as a Woody tag. I guess it’s always supply and demand and right now a Stag hunt brings in as much as a Dall hunt.

28-Jun-23
I remember people used to say hunting is going to become a rich man's sport

at $25-27,000 total for a mtn caribou hunt .... I think we're there now

wow - but good luck to whomever goes, beautiful animals

28-Jun-23
Brad, that was a Newfoundland Woodland Caribou hunt that WAS available, not a Mt Caribou. See thread title.

28-Jun-23
It’s funny when I was young I thought I could never afford the higher end hunts (that were cheap compared to today) then somewhere my money curve intersected the hunt price curve and I could afford some of the dream hunts. But now I it’s obvious the hunt cost line is skyrocketing past my $ line. There are still lots of stuff I can do, but the mid and upper tier hunts are pretty much past me at this point. Unfortunate, but just how it is…you never know you are living in the good old days until they are past you.

—Jim

29-Jun-23
Hunt sold guys thanks.

05-Nov-23

BlondeMuskwa's embedded Photo
BlondeMuskwa's embedded Photo
Thank you Tyler Chubb!

Hello all, I was the one who picked up the last minute Woodland tag that Tyler posted last June. Between Buffalo hunts Tyler answered all of my hunts questions and calmed my fears that late Oct/early Nov was too late for a good hunt. I finally traveled to Newfoundland last week and after an amazing stalk Tyler was able to get us to within 40 yards of this nice stag on the first full day of hunting. I could not recommend Tyler/Effords more highly if anyone is looking for a Woodland Caribou hunt. Thanks again Tyler!

-Dave Ellis

05-Nov-23
Congratulations Dave on a stud bull!!!

05-Nov-23
Congrats to Dave and Tyler!!! Heck of a nice bull! And Tyler is as good at stalking critters as anyone I've ever seen!

05-Nov-23
Fantastic bull! Congrats

05-Nov-23
Congrats, Dave!

05-Nov-23
Excellent Bull. Smile on your face says it all. Congrats

05-Nov-23
Tyler is the best!

—Jim

05-Nov-23
Grats.

I assume losing the Quebec caribou season for NRs has increased the demand and thus the price of other caribou hunts. Even though it's a different animal in a different place, there's still just as many hunters wanting to hunt caribou and not everyone hunts lots of species once.

I also assume that working on hunting as many species as one can is more of a thing than it was 20-25 years ago.

07-Nov-23
Congrats on the bull!! I'll be stalking a Buff with Tyler in July and hopefully another bull in 2026. Can't wait.

07-Nov-23
Nice stag, congrats!

07-Nov-23
Beautiful! Congratulations!

07-Nov-23
Jeff, You will have a great experience stalking with Tyler. He is the best. Good luck on your Buff hunts!

07-Nov-23
Thanks David. I have heard nothing but good things about Tyler. I have no doubt it will be a terrific experience!

07-Nov-23
I'm Dreaming someday. Congrats! Beautiful

11-Nov-23
That is amazing, congrats.

14-Nov-23
Absolute pleasure hunting with you Dave! Hope to do it again sometime! For those interested I green scored the stag (unofficial) at 327 gross 321 net. I’d like to say it’s that easy every week but lucky for Dave I had 2 days scouting prior to his arrival. Given snow on the ground which melted just before we killed and a full moon the caribou weren’t moving a whole lot. I find caribou unlike other species move very little at night during the full moon. In fact I watched this stag move from About 5kms from the lake we were on to about 2kms over the 4 days I watched him which made it easier on us forsure.

14-Nov-23
Tyler, The only negative to the whole trip was that we only got to hunt together for about a day! Thanks again and now I may have to come kill a Buffalo with you.

-Dave Ellis

• Sitka Gear