DanaC 28-Jun-23
Zbone 28-Jun-23
Al Dente Laptop 28-Jun-23
greenmountain 28-Jun-23
Woods Walker 28-Jun-23
Medicinemann 28-Jun-23
Zbone 28-Jun-23
27-Jun-23
How f$&&$ing sick is this a NY man is charged with murder after shooting his 3 week old daughter with a crossbow he was shooting at his wife who was holding her child the bolt passed through the baby and hit the wife in the chest.This happened at 5 am how on earth can someone do this Lewis

27-Jun-23
Unfortunately things like (the crossbow is all that's unique) that happen everyday and the majority of the incidents never make the news.

27-Jun-23
They need to mandate mandatory background checks before selling one:)

27-Jun-23
WTH. incredibly tragic. But hardly the end of the world

What do you think the citizens of Atlanta were thinking when Sherman burned there city. Maybe end of world stuff??

Settle down dudes

27-Jun-23
He should get a trial, appeal and if he loses both, executed. And all of that should happen in months, not decades.

27-Jun-23
Dilly Dilly Dale!!

27-Jun-23
Jesus

27-Jun-23
If found guilty and he probably will 3 days later take him behind the barn and I’ll do the honors and sleep like a baby nuff said

27-Jun-23
So reality brewing what it is and not what any of us might do to this piece of slime.

What happens to him?

27-Jun-23
Special place in hell waiting for him.

27-Jun-23
"thinking when Sherman burned there city."

*their.

27-Jun-23
HDE. Love the spelling police !

27-Jun-23
RK, people say I'm condescending. That means I talk down to people.

28-Jun-23
That's a big word for a Texan to use. We would just say a person like that is a jackass :)

28-Jun-23
I don’t even like reading about things like this! : (

I can’t imagine the level of evil/hate that it takes to do something like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28-Jun-23
Live in NY ,first I heard about it.

28-Jun-23
Praying for the Mother and that Jesus carry the little 3 year old in His loving arms . That just tears me up this poor little child was innocent . Condolences to the family and prayers as well.

28-Jun-23
Absolute slime ball. I’m with Lewis, take him behind the barn. I won’t lose an ounce of sleep. He shouldn’t get it quick tho….

28-Jun-23
NY prosecutor will probably charge the baby posthumously.

28-Jun-23
A New York man was arrested and charged with murder after his 3-week-old infant daughter was shot with a crossbow Monday morning, the Broome County Sheriff’s Office said.

Deputies responded to a home in Colesville at around 5:14 a.m. following reports that an infant and a woman had been shot with a crossbow.

According to a preliminary investigation, Patrick D. Proefriedt, 26, had allegedly gotten into an argument with his wife and fired a bolt at her while she was holding their 3-week-old daughter, the sheriff's office said in a news release.

The broadhead bolt hit the baby in the upper torso and exited near her armpit before it hit her mother in the chest.

"Proefriedt allegedly removed the bolt and attempted to stop the woman from calling 911, then fled the scene in a red 2016 Dodge Ram pickup truck before responding deputies arrived," the sheriff's office said.

Deputies and paramedics tried to save the infant, whom law enforcement identified as Eleanor M. Carey, but she was pronounced dead at the scene. Her mother was taken to a local hospital. There was no update on her condition Tuesday.

“This is one of the most heartbreaking and senseless crimes committed in this community in recent memory,” Broome County Sheriff Fred Akshar said. “Our thoughts are with the family of this innocent 3-week-old girl, Eleanor Carey."

Proefriedt was found in the woods less than a mile from the home, authorities said. His car had gotten stuck in mud.

He was arrested and charged with second-degree murder, second-degree attempted murder and first-degree criminal contempt for violating an order of protection, the sheriff’s office said.

"Proefriedt had a history of domestic incidents with the victim and an active Stay Away Order of Protection in place," it said.

It wasn't immediately clear Tuesday whether Proefriedt has an attorney.

CORRECTION (June 27, 3:02 p.m. ET): A previous version of this article misstated the age of the infant who was killed. She was 3 weeks old, not 3 months.

28-Jun-23
This very issue was brought up to legislators here in NYS years ago. Persons with a history of violence, domestic disturbance, or with orders of protection against them MUST surrender their firearms. But not crossbows. Very sad and tragic. Prayers for that poor infant and mother. And yes, incidents involving crossbows are under reported by the media. Threatening incidents, target incidents, hunting accidents, and hunting fatalities are ignored or buried. There is a paid lobbyist in Albany whose sole purpose is for full crossbow expansion. In fact, this past month, Excalibur and Ten Point issued a nationwide alert to call the legislators in Albany for crossbow expansion.

28-Jun-23
Absolute slime ball. I’m with Lewis, take him behind the barn. I won’t lose an ounce of sleep. He shouldn’t get it quick tho….

28-Jun-23
Evil in this world

28-Jun-23
A few years ago in Albuquerque a mother and her boyfriend beat to death her daughter and I believe she was sexually abused as well. They then cut her up into pieces and left her the bathtub. Just sick.

Definitely a sad thing as is all violence against the innocent.

28-Jun-23
Prayers for the mother....

28-Jun-23
I'm just speechless...8^(((

28-Jun-23
You want to stop this crap? Don't let guys like this walk after lesser crimes. Make them pay...and pay in full.

28-Jun-23
Pro death penalty. We cheer when monsters are killed on the movie screen but let the real ones live?

28-Jun-23
Problem I have, death penalty is off the board for this evil man... Don't think NY has capital punishment, and even if it does, according to the post above, they're charging him with "second-degree murder"... He'll probably be out in a few years... Urrr...8^(((

28-Jun-23
Sadly, in NYS, it is extremely soft on crime. Last year, an animal was raping a woman on a subway platform, camera caught the entire crime, after he was arrested, he was out of jail in 2 days. One repeat offender, and I use the term jokingly, was arrested and released 11 times in one 24 hour period. Of the nearly 1,000 arrests during the BLM riots, only 2 people were remanded to jail, the law professor and his student who threw Molotov cocktails at police vehicles and set them ablaze, the rest were processed and released immediately. This cretin will have a court appointed attorney who will undoubtedly blame the mother for putting the baby in harm's way, and most likely seek child endangerment charges against her.

28-Jun-23
Government goes after ways to appear to resolve our problems. If they really wanted to solve problems They would go after illegal drugs. We as individuals have a responsibility to teach our kids to be respectful of others. Too many of us have relied on government to fix things while ignoring our part. The christian teaching is to love our enemies. Many other religions teach the same message.

28-Jun-23
If they need firing squad volunteers, count me in.

28-Jun-23
I am only 66 years old right now.....but someday, it's certainly possible that I could be diagnosed with a terminal condition (hopefully not for a long time). However, if/when that day arrives, I'm going to look for a tragedy like this, and if NY is still too damn soft to do what should be done, I'll consider evening the score, and spent my remaining days behind bars..... I just read earlier today that the Earth's imperfect rotation (aka "wobble") is getting worse as a function of the ice caps melting and skewed water usage.....so when I say that this planet falling off of its axis (figuratively), apparently it is also true literally.

28-Jun-23
Wow Jake, you're scaring me...8^)

• Sitka Gear