Bigdog 21 01-Jul-23
WYOelker 01-Jul-23
JohnMC 01-Jul-23
Inshart 02-Jul-23
KSflatlander 02-Jul-23
01-Jul-23

WYOelker's embedded Photo
WYOelker's embedded Photo
My son has had this bear bow for about 4 months shot the crap out of it. This morning just days before his state competition shoot we noticed this…

It is on the upper cam. It just barely broke the server strung but is loose and will unravel…

He needs to practice like 40 shots a day and will need to make 100 shots at competition. We are worried because holiday weekend no one is open for now Service…

01-Jul-23
For one shot at a deer I’d do it but that many shots probably not.

01-Jul-23
Tie it off… then go over it with some dental floss… you should be fine for a day of 3 D… just keep an eye on it throughout the day

01-Jul-23
Like Spike said, I’d trust it for one shot on a hunt, but for continuing practice and then all day shooting I wouldn’t. No shops near by where they can reserve the string or no press at home to do it?

01-Jul-23
What Shug said

Go over it with dental floss

01-Jul-23
I agree with Shug you can live without the serving half hitch what’s left and burn it off I wouldn’t worry about it

01-Jul-23
Agree with Shug.

01-Jul-23
Shug pretty well nailed it!

01-Jul-23
Tie it off… then go over it with some dental floss… you should be fine for a day of 3 D… just keep an eye on it throughout the day

01-Jul-23
I don’t agree with Shug’s first post but I agree with his second :)

01-Jul-23
Serving is pretty simple. Watch a YouTube and fix it up. Dental floss or braided fishing line are acceptable.

01-Jul-23
Is the draw weight turned way down or excessive cam lean? You have an issue that needs addressed, there is no reason for wear in that area.

01-Jul-23
To bobs point, I would suspect it caught that “ear” on the backside (in the pic) of that cam. I’d say excessive cam lean or significant torque of some kind.

—Jim

01-Jul-23
3 for cam lean are somthing going on.

01-Jul-23
So I was able to drive 2.5 hours to the shop in Casper and we got it reserved. I will be watching to see if it a reoccurring issue. But at least for the shoot we got it fixed. The limbs are 50-60 limbed and set at 52 pounds now. Might be too low?

How can I check for cam lean?

01-Jul-23
If you had cam lean you think the pro shop would have caught that. Serving is there because those area of string have more friction. The serving sometime just has to be reserved.

Unless it is major and can eye ball. Putting on a draw board probably best way.

Good dad driving all day to make sure he is ready to go!

02-Jul-23
Cam lean, use an arrow and lay it on the cam, it should show if the cam is off.

02-Jul-23
Let us know how you son does at the state competition. Kudos to him for jumping in.

• Sitka Gear