Contributors to this thread:
Murph 17-Jul-23
HUNT MAN 17-Jul-23
midwest 18-Jul-23
Murph 18-Jul-23
Kurt 18-Jul-23
Murph 18-Jul-23
17-Jul-23
So fresh out of Terry Peak TAC I had been anxious to try the new titanium half out that gold tip intoduced for the 4mm pierce shafts, I’ve always felt like the pierce line was a hell of an arrow with a handicap based on the aluminum components they offered, I used a cheap pierce shaft with that insert for the event total arrow weight 460 with an added 20gr fact weight going around 275fps I purchased the cheapest line of the pierce family with a .006 straightness but with some squaring and cutting 4.5” combined from either end or both they spun really true and finished build out with all components installed fletchings included (4-2.25 TAC vanes) the weight tolerance was only 1.2gr from high to low. As far as durability i yielded 3 missed shots after 3 courses (75 targets) no broken arrows resulted from these misses the ez pull points threaded into them had the tips rolled over as they hit rocks in the dirt but after getting home all the inserts spun true, 1 arrow even mushroomed from a low hit on a wolf target that impacted some sort of reinforcement below the insert and that insert also spun true after removing from the hot melt overall I am very satisfied with the durability of these half outs as traditional aluminum components have always been the week link in the .166 line of arrows IMO unless glue in points were used, their are not cheap at around $90 a dozen but worth it compared to others pricing based on what I’ve seen…

17-Jul-23
Great report Jim

18-Jul-23
Jim, Regarding arrow straightness, I bought a few .006 Victory RIP XV's and discovered the same thing. Most were well within .001 straightness and by the time I cut a couple inches off each end, they were dead nuts. I bought another dozen and checked every one with an indicator on an arrow spinner and they were perfect within 2" of the ends. Saved a lot of cash!

18-Jul-23
For sure Midwest, those Pierce shafts at .006 I picked up on sale for $107.00 on fulcrum archery the .001 LRTs are $240 significant savings..

18-Jul-23
Good report! What spine were they?

Might be a suitable replacement for my Easton 330 Carbon Injexion shafs when I get low. I used the stock stainless steel insert for reinforcing plus a Firenock aluminum outsert (std thread components). I’ve found them very durable with dual front components. They come in at 475 grains with wraps, Blazers and 100 gr points…16% FOC. But now discontinued.

And cutting both ends if required works! And another thing is to always install your nock in the straightest end of the shaft for best accuracy. It looks a bit funny with the shaft logos in different locations and “upside-down” on some arrows but optimizes accuracy.

18-Jul-23
Kurt, 300 spine

• Sitka Gear