Scar Finga 30-Jul-23
fuzzy 30-Jul-23
Old Reb 30-Jul-23
Lewis 30-Jul-23
Thornton 30-Jul-23
Thornton 30-Jul-23
Starfire 30-Jul-23
27-Jul-23
Nothing to do with bow hunting but I saw one of these the other day and it looked really interesting it’s a 5 shot revolver that folds up small as a iPhone and shoots a 22wsm . I think it would be a great snake gun and a 22wsm packs a pretty good punch.If anyone has had experience with this I would like to know what you think its made in Connecticut Thanks Lewis

27-Jul-23

DanaC's Link
Just to be clear, it's chambered in 22 LR and 22 WMR. (With multiple cylinders.)

27-Jul-23
Personally to me that thing seems ridiculous. But to each their own.

27-Jul-23
I have -0- experience with it but for my money I would look for a Ruger Bearcat or a 4 5/8" Single Six.

27-Jul-23
That gun (?) is a hard “pass” for me.

27-Jul-23
I like fdp's taste in guns!

27-Jul-23
Fdp choices are great for snakes and such. I carry two thirty shot 22mag pistols in the truck Firepower. Both of mine are Kel -Tec but I see SW has just come out with one also. 22 mag is an awesome round

27-Jul-23

Catscratch's embedded Photo
Catscratch's embedded Photo
I carry a little 929 when I'm running. Load with shorts. Great turtlerat gun!

27-Jul-23
Rk you expecting a war? :-) are a lotta snakes.

27-Jul-23
Hard to beat a 45/410 Taurus Judge for snake work. And Backcountry.

27-Jul-23
I agree....the .22 Magnum is an overlooked dandy.

A buddy of mine has one of the Kel-Tecs. He likes it a lot.

27-Jul-23
There's not enough barrel to get much velocity. I would suggest the .22 birdshot. which is #9 shot, but I've only used those on wolf spiders and large water bugs from a 4"barrel, in the house.

catscratch, That's a nice gun.

27-Jul-23
I think it’s a solid idea for formal wear. Hard to conceal and pistol wearing slacks and a tucked in shirt. This thing would slide right into your pocket.

Badguy: Give me your wallet.

Good guy: Ok, I’m getting it out of my pocket.

Bam! Badguy is scared so bad that that he’s likely going to run. Not to mention wounded at this point.

It’s not a lot of firepower but, if I shoot a guy in self defense and still get whipped, it was my day to die.

28-Jul-23
Not on my hot list but on my overall list of guns I want, it's included.

That said, so is basically every gun...ever.

28-Jul-23
Well with that exposed hammer you can put it in your pocket if you want not me!

28-Jul-23
Or you can just buy a Ruger LCPII and have 2 more rounds that are more powerful then a 22 and it fits right in your pocket. I pocket carry mine almost every day. Or you can buy a Ruger LCR in .38 and pocket carry that with 5 more powerful rounds. Don’t forget you’re using a 22 rim fire which can have duds and with the short barrel the velocity sucks.

28-Jul-23

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
I’m with bigdog.................3 rounds of .45LC for bears/2 legged predators and 2 rounds of .410 #8 for the slithering bastards! ;-)

28-Jul-23
I’m a pocket carry guy when NOT in the woods or on my bike. For “casual” carry around town or at home I have a Ruger EC9s...............used to carry my Keltec .380 but wanted something with a bit more “punch” than a .380! IMHO the EC9s is the perfect pocket gun.

I consider the mini revolvers in .22lr or .22wmr more of a novelty gun.

28-Jul-23
I like most guns, it this one doesn’t do it for me.

28-Jul-23
Once owned a S&W Model 34 (22 LR 'kit' gun) - never felt like I was carrying a useful tool. Could get a 'chief's special' and carry the same weight. An 'airweight' would be even better. (And they make 38 'snake' loads.)

28-Jul-23

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo

28-Jul-23
I carry a ruger single six in the 22 wsm the first 3 are 9 shot the next 3 are hollow point defenders I have a eight shot cylinder ordered but this little gun you can carry in your pocket and it flips out I’ll see

28-Jul-23
Lewis if you’re going that route I much prefer the NA Arms folding revolver. A little more barrel and is probably less conspicuous when clipped inside the front pants pocket. Also I believe its about half the cost.

28-Jul-23
Sticksender, wadr, guns is no place to pinch pennies.

28-Jul-23
A lot of nice firearms listed here. I have a couple of the arriginal SWairweights. Think they are model 47s as well as SW 36 and 60. Great weapons. But once you have ever been someplace where you needed more ammo you will not carry them anymore. It’s a horrible empty feeling But having said that anything that launches a bullet is better than nothing

28-Jul-23

28-Jul-23
Rut Nut I don’t worry about .380 punch as I use hard cast Underwood ammo. Plenty for full penetration.

28-Jul-23
I hear you on the ammo spike- I just went up to the larger caliber when they started making the single stack ultra-compact in 9mm- not much bigger/heavier than the .380, so why not go up?

28-Jul-23
I would want to shoot before buying.. if you used it for snakes,with that short barrel its a 50/50 chance who gets who. :)

28-Jul-23
That seems to me like a lot of money for very little gun. Reminds me of the “knuckledusters” of the Old West, which fired straight out of the the cylinder….

No sense carrying a Snake Shooter in your pocket (IMO); not that I’m a big advocate of shooting snakes unless they really pose a hazard around people, dogs or livestock….

I kinda like the looks of that little .327 Federal. 5 or 6 rounds of that in a little revolver built just light enough to require your attention seems like it would be awfully easy to keep very handy.

Buddy of mine (Airborne/Police Officer) has forearms twice as thick as mine; he shot a friend’s .38+P Smith Scandium …. Once. Not as in “on one occasion”, but as in “exactly one round”, and said he’d stick with steel. I have no problem taking his word for it.

28-Jul-23
I have a LCR 357 snub, and it bites a bit with Winchester silvertips. 145 gr Hp, but it the heat of a SD situation I don't think the hurt from the round will matter. A 38 plus p is nothing and the LCR is a alloy frame gun. If your looking for a small reliable 9 mm look at the kahr CM 9, awesome Gun and very affordable.

28-Jul-23

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
Personally I pocket carry my Ruger .44 mag. I got BIG pockets ! ;-)

28-Jul-23
Ove been waiting on your input drycreek... It did not disappoint!

29-Jul-23
Rut I have a Sig 365xl in 9mm I bought the Ruger to throw in my pocket on those days were I go out for 15 minutes like down the street to the store or walking the dog around the yard.

29-Jul-23
I have two Kahrs one in 9mm the other in 380 and I like them Lewis

29-Jul-23
The new sub compact 9s like the Springfield Hellcat or Sig365 hold more powerful rounds and aren't much bigger.

29-Jul-23
Are we still talking about a "snake shooter"?

29-Jul-23
Kinda I hope so lol Lewis

29-Jul-23
Star fire. What are more powerful rounds?

29-Jul-23
never quite grasped the need for a 'snake gun'. if it's a danger around the home, a shovel has always worked.

for small carry, i like my kel-tec .380. it slides in the front pocket if need be and is not noticeable. i sometimes carry in a waist band too.

it is surprisingly accurate and i haven't had a mis-feed yet.

30-Jul-23
Check out the North American Arms, Black Widows in 22 mag. I have one and love it, carry on an empty chamber!!!

30-Jul-23
I've gotcthe KelTec PMR 30 (actually Crissy has it since she caught me bringing it in the house so "no honey i didnt buy myselfa gun its yours" ) it's very accurate and smooth. Lots of firepower and light weight. Lewis I had a NAA .22 WMR mini revolver. Not accurate enough to be useful

30-Jul-23
My son just bought one. I think he paid $350. Got it through a friend with an FFL at about cost. I shot a cylinder's worth through it. Not that impressed. It has way too hard of a trigger pull and that hurts the accuracy. Accompanied by the short barrel, your intended target better be no more than two arm lengths away. MHO after only a brief try out.

30-Jul-23
Thanks that is the only first hand experience I’ve heard and my thoughts were about what you stated. I don’t care about being accurate past 20 feet shooting the number nine shot but the way it sounds I’m not going to pull the trigger pun intended lol thanks all Lewis

30-Jul-23
I have a NAA 22 mag and the recoil is significant. I use subsonic 22 WMR in it which tames it considerably. Bought it for work,but no longer carry it because it doesn't fit in the pocket correctly.

30-Jul-23

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
The autos without suppressor carry in the pocket much better, but are not very reliable in 22 LR

30-Jul-23
RK the guns I was referring to are 9mms

• Sitka Gear