APauls 22-Aug-23
Treeline 22-Aug-23
Treeline 22-Aug-23
maxracx 22-Aug-23
Medicinemann 22-Aug-23
Stoneman 23-Aug-23
13-Aug-23

808bowhunter's Link
https://youtu.be/eBOxqW4okHg Here is a video I put together of our moose float hunt last fall. Hope you guys enjoy

13-Aug-23
Awesome, been waiting for this!!

13-Aug-23
Incredible hunt! Great job documenting it, you guys had an amazing adventure, Congrats!

13-Aug-23

13-Aug-23
Thank you. Wasn’t sure how to attach video like that

13-Aug-23
Great hunt for sure. You guys did a fantastic job all around. Congrats.

13-Aug-23
Awesome adventure! Those rapids had me puckering up!

13-Aug-23
That was amazing. Congrats on such a good adventure and two fine bulls!

13-Aug-23
You guys are definitely living the life. Congrats

13-Aug-23
Great video, and maybe the first hunting video I have ever watched where my inner voice was yelling "don't shoot the tent".

13-Aug-23
Totally awesome! Thanks for sharing

13-Aug-23
ALMOST as good as the thread you guys did about this hunt! (which was probably the best thread I’ve ever read on here)!

Thanks so much, for posting the video. What an epic adventure!

13-Aug-23
Awesome adventure and memories, well done and thank you for sharing!!

13-Aug-23
Congrats on a great adventure!

13-Aug-23
I’ve waited for this! I put the phone down and put it on the 55 inch screen. I just got to the part where the bull is standing right next to your tent and then goes down on the other side of the river. I’m glad we got to see some of the drag through the bush. I imagined it when I read about it, but it was cool to see it. Can’t wait to watch the rest of the video. You guys sure earned it!

13-Aug-23
I just watched the whitewater rafting. With all that weight! I’m not so sure that was a good idea. You guys have some balls that’s for sure. What an epic adventure. Yes God bless your wives!

13-Aug-23
Really a great adventure thanks for sharing

13-Aug-23
Troy x2!!!!

13-Aug-23
Great video. I'm planning a float trip as soon as my new knee let me. I got some great advice from two guys from Pennsylvania that have done it twice diy and both of them got a moose on each trip. One of them guys is going again this fall. I was asked to go, but knew with the new knee I wouldn't be a good idea. This trip there is 4 guys going. These videos sure gets my blood going. Thanks

13-Aug-23
Wow! What an awesome adventure. Thanks for sharing.

13-Aug-23
OMG. Awesome adventure. Thanks for sharing!!!

13-Aug-23
Awesome job! Can’t say enough good things.

13-Aug-23
ya'll are so lucky ... two friend that'll do that kind of adventures together

great video - thank you for sharing

13-Aug-23
very cool, what an adventure. thanks for sharing. any bear close encounters with bear?

13-Aug-23
very cool and very jealous

congrats on a great trip guys... thank you for sharing

13-Aug-23
Wow what an adventure! Thanks for sharing. I don't think my balls are big enough to raft those rapids with 1,000 pounds of meat and horns.

13-Aug-23
You guys are rock stars for sure. Nicely done. My best, Paul

13-Aug-23
Thank you guys! we didn't see any bears but floated through some wild grizzly sign. There was a salmon run but our guess was that the high water washed all the carcasses off the beach. It was a weird feeling knowing you can't get picked up until you cover a lot of river miles. Once the storm hit the only way out was the last way you wanted to go but had no choice. Im looking forward to just hiking into elk country in a few weeks. Although, im much more concerned with Grizz in the next month then I was in AK!

13-Aug-23
Awesome video congrats on two great bulls.

14-Aug-23
That was incredible!

14-Aug-23
Epic adventure! Congrats and thanks for sharing!!!

14-Aug-23
This may be the best bowhunting video I've ever watched. Excellent!

14-Aug-23
Congrats!!! Outstanding video Just fantastic

14-Aug-23
very good video

14-Aug-23
Outstanding

14-Aug-23
I'm with Lou on this one. Maybe the best hunting video I have ever seen. I hate the clone videos from with individuals or the "pros"

This one was different and excellent. Thanks for sharing

14-Aug-23
Nicely done! Outstanding hunt, and you guys did an awesome job of putting the video together. Congrats!

14-Aug-23
Awesome!! Great adventure and excellent video. Made me feel Iwas there!

14-Aug-23
What an adventure!! Film nicely done. Congrats on some nice bulls. Thanks for sharing you adventure with us.

14-Aug-23
Geez man. That was absolutely incredible. What an adventure and awesome bulls. Thanks for taking the time to share it.

14-Aug-23
Those raft scenes……wow

14-Aug-23
Thank you guys! We bought a good camera for the hunt knowing we should have an adventure and wanted to share with friends and family. I blew my mind with some of the footage we got as just 2 guys hunting and swapping camera job. It takes extra work to film but im always glad I did after I get home. Unfortunately I fell in the ocean with the camera on a spring bear hunt this may!

14-Aug-23
Absolutely the best DIY hunt and footage I've ever seen, hope you two keep bringing the adventures! Thanks again for taking us along!

15-Aug-23
Best video I've seen in a long time.

15-Aug-23
The level of effort you two put in to get to that river is incredible and I wonder how many of those watching it even realize it! Then, to top it off, you kill two smoker bulls! Unreal, my hats off to you both.

15-Aug-23
What a great hunt and amazing video. One of the best ever for sure. Thanks for sharing.

15-Aug-23
What an adventure! Thanks for sharing.

15-Aug-23
Wow,,, a trip of a lifetime for sure thanks for sharing, unreal

15-Aug-23
Now that was awesome!! Some incredible footage. Thanks so much for sharing it!

15-Aug-23
Thank you for sharing that. It was amazing. One of the best videos I have watched. Amazing hunting footage. Great and scary river footage. Well done and thank you for taking the time to put that together and share it.

15-Aug-23
That was a REAL video. The "pros" should contact you guys for lessons! Reading the story last year was great, watching it unfold was next level. Congrats and Thank You!!

15-Aug-23
What an adventure, thanks for sharing.

15-Aug-23
Simply amazing!!

15-Aug-23
Unreal. Spectacular work on all accounts!!! Thanks for taking the time to share.

15-Aug-23
That was an epic adventure. Camera work was on point Loved the footage thanks for taking us along

15-Aug-23
That's about as good as it gets right there. Can't be beat. Adventure of a lifetime. Congratulations on so many fronts. Was the plane able to take both bulls out in one trip?

15-Aug-23
Insane. You guys win. Man I’m so jacked for moose now. Gonna be a looong wait!

15-Aug-23
What's that clanging sound in the video before you hit the rapids? Must be your brass balls knocking together. :)

Well done!

15-Aug-23
Apauls, I was supposed to get picked up by a wheeled plane on a gravel bar. The designated pick up point, I was just told "you will be able to tell which bar" was underwater. I spent hours texting through in reach and range finding my brother on the far end of a few gravel stretches. We determined we needed a float plane(which could take off with less weight). Was not fun finding the ideal location for a float plane through delayed text info.

The next day, we loaded the plane with as much meat (to donate) as we could, my rack, and my brother and flew to a nearby village. The pilot knew a few people in the village and lined up a warm shower/dinner/place to sleep for my brother and the villagers came out and unloaded all the meat and distributed it up amongst each other. Pilot returned to the river and loaded the rafts, remaining meat, brother rack(fit inside plane) and myself and flew to Fairbanks. It was a long day by the time we unloaded meat and got it into a freezer at the hanger, it was 9pm. Checking into a hotel and taking a hot shower never felt so good. My brother got a charter flight out the next day and made it with my rack to Fairbanks

15-Aug-23
Thanks for the update Kodi! I was thinking man I would be super impressed if the pilot picked that all up in one load! Flying restrictions get worse and worse every year and planes are flying at half of what they are capable of these days which is super annoying. We don't need to go for near death experiences, but it's gotten a little out of hand.

But man, you guys killed it. What a trip. You'll remember that one forever no doubt about it. Can't beat the adventure like that with a brother.

15-Aug-23
Can't wait to watch this. I'll be tuning in tonight!

15-Aug-23
What an adventure! Can’t imagine dragging gear for miles thru that brush just to get to the river. Also can’t imagine going thru those rapids like you did. Think I would’ve waited another day with hopes it would recede some more before I plunged in.

Thanks for the link and the post. Enjoyed your recap right after the hunt and this just capped it off.

Well done all the way around!!

15-Aug-23
About 5yrs ago I talked to you guys about a fishing trip on Kauai. I chose another guide and I regret it. I'll be back over there someday, and there's no doubt who I'll fish with!

15-Aug-23
So SitO you probably went with the discount fishing trip?

15-Aug-23
Great video! Looks like you had a blast!

15-Aug-23
SitO, I would be happy to take a bowsiter fishing! Old school, we waited 3 days after the storm and water receded a bit but we were in the arctic circle and it was late September. Each day felt closer to winter and rain was in every day of forecast. It was a tough call

15-Aug-23
It was a little cheaper RK, as I remember, but also spur of the moment once I got there and I think the boys were gone. Wasn't a good decision.

15-Aug-23
Huge sets of nuts on you guys. Phenomenal adventure and video. Thanks for taking me along.

15-Aug-23
Another bowsite classic. Thank you all for sharing your adventures.

15-Aug-23
Simply the best

16-Aug-23
I would not want these two hunting me.

On the second bull the hunter running the camera does a snort to turn the bull 90 degrees for his partner.

Both appear to be great shots, woodsman and River boat pilots. Great video. Hard or impossible to top that hunt or video.

16-Aug-23
Incredible! Thanks for sharing!

16-Aug-23
Had to watch it twice. Awesome!!!

16-Aug-23
Awesome video!! Thanks for sharing your adventure.

Just thinking about dragging rafts and equipment 7 miles will turn a lot of people off.

16-Aug-23
Amazing! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

16-Aug-23
Wow ?? super impressive that made my week I hope you and your loved ones were not impacted by the fires in your state but y’all are always welcome at my camp after seeing that video just so damn authentic loved the whole thing Good luck Lewis

16-Aug-23
looking for a outfitter or friend to share the float moose hunt in 2024? I'm ready to sign on! Give me an email.....Thanks, Bill

17-Aug-23
I can't think of a better hunting video. Such a amazing adventure. Thanks for sharing. Now I really can't wait for moose this fall

17-Aug-23
Awesome epic adventure and to capture and share it with us. Thanks

17-Aug-23
Loved the video! Watched a couple of your others as well. Nice work!

17-Aug-23
Wow! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

Mike

18-Aug-23
So much to absorb on this video. A particular favorite is how well they got additional shots into the animals. That's the epitome of shooting presence. The planning for this epic trip must have been almost as fun as the hunt.

18-Aug-23
Just as good the 2nd time! Loved the thread. Simply amazing and incredible work that I can’t fathom

18-Aug-23
Awesome hunt. Great shooting. An adventure of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing.

18-Aug-23
A hunt most of us only dream about. Congratulations with your two absolutely awesome animals, and incredible video. Thank you.

20-Aug-23
Just got to sit down and watch it, great video and even better hunt. Congrats

—Jim

20-Aug-23
That was an amazing video. Great job on the hunt, that was fantastic.

20-Aug-23
I saw it the day you posted it! Awesome hunt fellas.

20-Aug-23
Thank you everybody for the kind words. I can't believe how many people watched the video on YouTube. No body asked for location on bowsite, but off YouTube it is crazy how many just straight up ask what river we were on! the reaction I get from everybody gives me motivation to carry the video camera on my elk hunt in a few weeks. It definitely is a pain in the ass to carry around a tripod/camera and my bow everyday but I just might now.

21-Aug-23
Awesome video! Well done.

22-Aug-23
Great job making the video come together! I know the suck of trying to film bowhunts on adventure trips.

22-Aug-23
Finally had the time to watch it. You fellas have some grit! 50 year storm, one big bull down, swollen up river, big rapids and 45miles to the pickup point….”ahh hell, let’s kill another one”! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. I’m going show the family on the big screen tonight.

22-Aug-23
YouTube commenters.....the pinnacle of human society lol.

22-Aug-23
One of the Greatest Of All Time Adventures on the Bowsite…. Loved that whole story!

I keep trying to watch the video and getting sidetracked. Will lock it in this week on the big screen and sit through the whole story… I bet it is spectacular!

I need to get with you and talk gear for that trip… My boy is up there in Alaska and I would love to do a trip like that with him…. Quite possibly next year.

22-Aug-23
Double post

22-Aug-23
Congrats to you guys. You are living my dream. Someday I would love an adventure like that. Thank you for sharing.

22-Aug-23
What a great video! if you haven't tried it yourself, it is difficult to explain how much effort it takes to put something like this together. Thank you for your contribution.....Now if we could get a couple of these types of contributions on the forum everyday and less of the political drivel, we'll really be in good shape.

23-Aug-23
Put this off until I could watch on the big screen. Great video of an epic adventure! I bet you will never forget that trip down the rapids. Thank you for sharing your story. Congrats to you both!

• Sitka Gear