Jethro 31-Aug-23
Mule Power 31-Aug-23
Teeton 31-Aug-23
Huntcell 31-Aug-23
Buckdeer 31-Aug-23
jordanathome 31-Aug-23
30-Aug-23
Anyone know when the deadline is?

Just decided what I want to do for a “RETIREMENT HUNT” and now have to start buying points. Want to start this year if I can..................

30-Aug-23
Yes on sale until October 31st.

30-Aug-23
Yes, you have until 10/31/23.

30-Aug-23
Hopefully you’re not retiring anytime soon. :)

30-Aug-23
THANKS guys!

KB- my buddy has 7 points and bought another point in July. We just talked today about hunting together in 3 years and combining our points. He thought I had until Oct but wasn’t sure of the actual deadline.

30-Aug-23
Ah, good deal. Hopefully your average by then will get you what you need.

30-Aug-23
A lot of time you can find info on the state website.

30-Aug-23
With the cut in permits you might have enough,We dropped out of moose with 19 points

30-Aug-23
Good luck. Hard telling how many points it will take for a general in 3 years.

30-Aug-23
Thanks guys! I was thinking I would have to do a guaranteed outfitter tag since I have no points, but then one of my buddies said he was looking to use his points in the next couple years.................next thing you know we’re talking about a drop camp hunt!

You think it might be tough with 14 total points in 3 years Bowfreak?

30-Aug-23
Guaranteed outfitter tag?

30-Aug-23
It won't be 14 points. Your buddy will have 10 you 3 that'll be averaged at 6.5. Know way to know if that'll be enough for a general in 3 years but certainly wouldn't call it a sure thing.

31-Aug-23
Midwest- I was initially looking into a drop camp in Idaho with guaranteed tags.

Actually my buddy will have 11 and I will have 3 so that would average 7. Guess I will have to look up some Wyoming elk threads and find out what is going on. Last time I hunted out west was in 2011 and it only took a couple points to draw a general tag in Wyoming .....................

31-Aug-23
I surely hope you can draw a Wyoming general elk tag with 7 points in three years, but who knows!

31-Aug-23
I'm still in with 21 moose and bighorn points...

31-Aug-23
This year it took more than 4 points to guarantee a draw in the regular. But next year with the price hike on special tags and switching to 3 general region the truth is nobody knows what things will look like. With so much up in the air it's impossible to know if 7 will be enough in 3 years but my best guess would be you guy's would be cutting it close in the regular and definitely be good in the special (which is almost 2k now). I keep a pretty close eye on Wyoming NR hunting stats and regs feel free to pm if you have any questions.

Zbone you must be talking about moose I don't believe it's possible to have 21 Wyoming elk points.

31-Aug-23

KB's embedded Photo
KB's embedded Photo
If he bought #8 and you #1 this year you guys will average 6.5 for the ‘26 application. As the other fellows have said, right now it’s impossible to say what will happen. Looking at the total number of folks in the point pools is always eye opening to me. There’s going to be serious creep for years to come. I don’t think the price hikes will affect much.

31-Aug-23
OK- thanks guys! This is all new to me as I have only hunted out west one time and that was Montana. Kind of overwhelming trying to get a handle on things..................................

31-Aug-23
Buy the point Rut. That’s all you can do right now. With the changes coming for 2024, nobody knows how even next year will play out. Absolutely no way to predict 2026.

31-Aug-23
I believe that in 3 years 7 is exactly what you will need.

31-Aug-23
I think I used all my Wy points in 2019(?) So I have 4 now, which may not be enough for a General in 2 or 3 years. :( Colorado I'm I think up to 7 or 8 (?) elk and 23 or 24 for deer and lopes. With the winter kill off, will I ever use them??

31-Aug-23
This is going to put pressure on low point zero point cow tags.

31-Aug-23
ZBONE I would be applying every year,I used my moose points 5 or6 years ago

31-Aug-23
They are sold out.........

• Sitka Gear