Missouribreaks 17-Sep-23
WV Mountaineer 17-Sep-23
GLP 17-Sep-23
15-Sep-23

badbull's embedded Photo
Dad Grampa Hannah
badbull's embedded Photo
Dad Grampa Hannah
I know that everyone of us that hunts big game remembers their first bow big game animal. I wonder what your story might be after experiencing my RN granddaughter shoot her first which was a mule deer buck. This experience was just as gratifying as my first one. She had been accompanying me on several big game hunts usually as an observer in the last few years. These included bowhunts for moose, elk, antelope, and deer.This year she had practiced very hard getting herself in shape to easily handle 50 lbs. draw weight accurately to at least 40 yards. Her 3D shoot numbers increased dramatically after regular practice with good form. When I saw her draw and release an arrow that hit right behind the shoulder, I was so happy to actually witness this girl that I had mentored shoot her first mule deer with a bow. I was so proud of her that all of her hard work had paid off and knew that she wanted me to be there to witness this event. She is so very proud to be known as a bowhunter. I would love to hear your story and the way you felt after a similar type of archery accomplishment. Badbull

15-Sep-23
Very cool! Congrats!

15-Sep-23
I’m afraid mine was a yearling doe, not anything spectacular. It was magic to me though, because I actually was able to humanely kill the first animal I ever loosed an arrow at. I had practiced quite a bit with my Bear Whitetail with the brass pins, no peep, calf hair tab, Easton aluminum arrows, and Savora heads IIRC. I initially thought that I had missed, but when the doe cartwheeled about 40 yards away I was elated to say the least. My son, about 11 at the time, was with me to witness. Since then both he and I have bow killed a truckload of deer, hogs, and a few antelope, but I will remember that little doe until my dying day.

15-Sep-23
Completely awesome! Congrats!

16-Sep-23
Totally awesome stuff! Congratulations to you all!

16-Sep-23
Outstanding! Congrats to all and thanks for passing it on, badbull.

16-Sep-23
Congrats to all of you! Great memories!

16-Sep-23
Smiles tell it all. Nicely done Hannah

My very first deer, a WT doe was killed while I was stationed in the UP of Michigan at KI Sawyer AFB in 1962. The base was located 30 miles south of Marquette Mich, on Lake Superior and in the heart of some vast hard wood/pine forests. I had purchased a 45# Ben Pearson recurve bow, cedar shafts, BH from the base BX and would walk the base fence line into the woods and practice "stump shooting". That day, I had crawled up into a crouch of a tree 10 ft off the ground and waited near a trail. Later this doe WT came by, and a well place arrow ended her life. One always remembers their first time making a clean kill and being rewarded for the work it takes to get there.

Again, congratulation Hannah for doing the work to get there. And Bad bull, as a fine mentor who took the time, with love and passion to guide this girl to her very first.

My best, Paul

16-Sep-23
Very special moment for you both, badbull Congrats to your granddaughter!

16-Sep-23
I enjoyed sitting in a blind with my youngest daughter Briar as she arrowed her first animal. She said that seeing me all excited about her accomplishment was the best part about the experience.

16-Sep-23
Congrats to the young lady. I remember feeling high for a week after my 1st whitetail doe. She should be very proud of her accomplishment and I hope she’s hooked for life now!

16-Sep-23
Congratulations

16-Sep-23

16-Sep-23
Congratulations

16-Sep-23
Way to go! Seeing many more in the future! Congratulations!

16-Sep-23
Congrats Badbull, I hope you and your granddaughter continue to make memories!!

Like many others, mine was a doe. I was fortunate to have my son with me at the time. He was super proud of me as he had taken his first ever deer with a bow the week before. Yes, my 9 year old son made his first bow kill BEFORE I had ever taken anything larger than a rabbit with my bow. He is now 29 and we are still making hunting memories together.

16-Sep-23
That's great! Congrats!

16-Sep-23
Fantastic……..tell her congratulations!

16-Sep-23
Button buck for me

Congrats to your granddaughter

16-Sep-23

16-Sep-23
Thank you dad (badbull Bob) for all of the mentoring and guidance for bow hunting over the years. Matt (your other son) and I have valued the time spent in the field with you over the past 50 years. It was an absolute joy to be able to spend another year with you and our third generation bowhunter, Hannah. Looking forward to many more in the future.

By the way, I trust you remember my first big game animal. It was the blacktail doe on the Oregon coast that I shot with that old time Jennings bow and Satellite broadhead. It was such a trophy for me that we even mounted it and have it still in your house. Ken

16-Sep-23
Thank you dad (badbull Bob) for all of the mentoring and guidance for bow hunting over the years. Matt (your other son) and I have valued the time spent in the field with you over the past 50 years. It was an absolute joy to be able to spend another year with you and our third generation bowhunter, Hannah. Looking forward to many more in the future.

By the way, I trust you remember my first big game animal. It was the blacktail doe on the Oregon coast that I shot with that old time Jennings bow and Satellite broadhead. It was such a trophy for me that we even mounted it and haven it still in your house. Ken

16-Sep-23
Congratulations to you both. Mine was a Doe in 1958. My sons was a Quebec Caribou when he was 16. Now a veteran bowhunter himself. My RN Daughters was a Cow Buffalo. Seeing them take their first was "I think" more exciting than mine. I've now shared some 1sts with G-kids now that have taken up the sport.. Again, congratulations.

16-Sep-23
ahunter76, congrats to you also. I think that I know exactly how you feel right down to your RN daughter's buffalo. There is something really special about those RNs as I am sure you are aware, Badbull.

16-Sep-23
Outstanding!

Congrats to that young lady on the first of many to come im sure.

17-Sep-23
Badbull, many congrats to her and to you! Outstanding work! I've helped quite a few you kids get animals and it's always so fun and very rewarding.

17-Sep-23
Congratulations to all of you !

17-Sep-23
Awesome stuff!

17-Sep-23
Thanks for posting this badbull!

• Sitka Gear