Grey Ghost 19-Oct-23
WYOelker 19-Oct-23
smarba 19-Oct-23
Grey Ghost 19-Oct-23
Treeline 19-Oct-23
Bake 19-Oct-23
DanaC 21-Oct-23
19-Oct-23
The new Barry Wensel book post got me thinking. What's the best bow hunting mule deer hunting book available? Or your favorite if you will. And Go!

19-Oct-23
Dwight Schuh Hunting Open Country Mule Deer

19-Oct-23

Grey Ghost's Link
This is one of my favorites. It actually inspired my handle on this site. I have the original hard back version, which is no longer in production. My link is to the second edition, which is a paperback, but the contents are the same.

Matt

19-Oct-23
GREY GHOST'S LINK This is one of my favorites. It actually inspired my handle on this site. I have the original hard back version, which is no longer in production. My link is to the second edition, which is a paperback, but the contents are the same. Matt

WOW Paper Back for $134... It better come with current coordinates to a 180+ buck... I saw that book once and it looked cool but never got the chance to read it.

19-Oct-23
jmiller nailed it for me. Dwight's book revolutionized the way I hunt.

19-Oct-23
"WOW Paper Back for $134... It better come with current coordinates to a 180+ buck.."

I agree that's pricey for a paperback, but did you see in the Amazon ad that collectors were paying $550 for used copies of the original version 12 years ago? I should probably put mine in my safe. ;-)

Matt

19-Oct-23
I busted ass for a lot of years chasing big mule deer with a traditional bow. Never read anything about how anyone else was doing it.

Talked to some of the old timers in Colorado Marv Clynke and Jake Powell and a few of the younger guys at the time like Scott Hargrove and Nathan Anderson that were successful with traditional equipment and learned a lot from them…

I would guess that Dwight’s book is pretty solid. Looking forward to options that guys post here and might even pick up one to see if they really knew what they were doing or not.

19-Oct-23

Bake's Link
The book Grey Ghost posted for $8

21-Oct-23

DanaC's Link
Plenty of 'cheap' copies on e-bay as well

• Sitka Gear