Shiloh 01-Nov-23
spike78 01-Nov-23
Pat Lefemine 01-Nov-23
BOHUNTER09 01-Nov-23
Shiloh 01-Nov-23
deerhunter72 01-Nov-23
31-Oct-23

BOHUNTER09's Link
There is an interesting discussion on trailcampro.com. They evaluated multiple types of batteries and explain why some work better than others

01-Nov-23
Energizer Ultimate Lithium for me. They last all season even through the cold Minnesota winter. I'll use my camera's on my coyote snares after deer season sometimes too. One thing I've noticed is if a coyote looks directly into the infrared light from the camera it will spook but when deer see it they get curious & check out the camera. I'm using Reveal Tactacam.

01-Nov-23
I’ve gone to rechargeable batteries. Not totally satisfied yet. I refuse to pay $3.50 per battery for lithiums, but that is what I would rather use.

01-Nov-23

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Moultrie’s new rechargeable batteries.
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Moultrie’s new rechargeable batteries.
I’m loving these new Moultrie rechargeable battery packs that work in all Edge cams.

Easy to use and no more spending 35$ on lithium’s.

01-Nov-23
Do the re-chargable packs have a conversion feature to use them on non-Moltree cameras? Just not big on buying a bunch of them again.

01-Nov-23
I would love to try those Pat, but like normal, I bought the rechargeable AA’s right before those came out!!! I’d love to know how they are lasting for you.

01-Nov-23
I use CVS brand batteries and buy them whenever I get a coupon through my email. They last 12 months on my Tactacams which is good enough for me. I did read that Energizer or Duracell makes them for CVS so they are quality.

01-Nov-23
Tony, no way to convert them to use in any camera besides Moultrie’s Edge cams.

So far I have 12 out. Have only recharged one so far in a cam that watches a bait. I get 1000 pics a week on that and it was out for 5 weeks so approximately 5000 pics and I recharged it with 50% capacity left. Some of my cams are shooting video so it will be shorter than that for sure. I’ve just switched to video on my scrapes so too soon to tell.

01-Nov-23
I have two Moultrie Edge cameras with the new rechargeable battery packs which have been out for 2 months and are still at 99%. Two Moultrie Base cameras with rechargeable lithium batteries are at 87 and 90 percent. Moultrie just sent me a promotion for an Edge camera with rechargeable pack for $99 . It’s a no brainer for me

01-Nov-23
That promotional for $99 would definitely be a no brainer! I am running video on all of mine, so I am sure that doesn't help battery life.

01-Nov-23
I just buy the Amazon AA's and they will last all season if I'm just doing photo's. I usually run video on my 2 most active camera setups but decided a few weeks ago to just go with the photos. They get me most everything I need and takes so much less time to go through them all.

• Sitka Gear