IdyllwildArcher 02-Nov-23
pirogue 02-Nov-23
Ok...Russ 02-Nov-23
Ursman 02-Nov-23
Whocares 02-Nov-23
fuzzy 03-Nov-23
carcus 03-Nov-23
01-Nov-23
What are you guys using for warm socks in insulated rubber boots?

01-Nov-23
Darn tough

01-Nov-23
A thin silk pair with a merino wool pair over them works for me.

01-Nov-23
Hot packs foot warmers

01-Nov-23
Alpaca socks.

01-Nov-23
Nothing. Ditch the rubber

01-Nov-23
I use darn tough for everything.

01-Nov-23
Yeager x2

01-Nov-23
Yeager x2

01-Nov-23
Thin dry socks will be warmer than thick wet ones! So either socks that you won’t sweat in during your walk in, or a change of socks once you get to your stand. Took me a few frozen feet to figure out that wearing the giant thick socks wasn’t the best play whenever your feet were soaked in them

02-Nov-23
Darn Tough

02-Nov-23
Alpaca for warmth.

02-Nov-23
And BTW, not all alpaca is the same, just like all merino wool isn’t the same

02-Nov-23
I wear darn tough year round. Question for the guys wearing the “silk” liner socks… can someone point me to a specific brand on those? Heard of that a lot but never tried it.

02-Nov-23
wv_bowhunter, I can't offer a specific brand. I just buy whatever pair of silk dress socks I find on sale and wear them. The only thing I look for is a pair that comes higher up my calf, to my knee if I can find them.

02-Nov-23
Pirogue…….any particular brand of alpaca sock you favor? I’ve got 3 pairs of the same brand, (can’t remember the brand right now) and really like them. Like Supernaut alluded to, they come up above the tops of my calves, which is a big + to me, but I’m open to looking at other options, too.

02-Nov-23
Darn tough year around

02-Nov-23
Darn tough year around

02-Nov-23
Gold toe over the calf tube socks and Cabelas comfort trac 2000 boots. All day sit yesterday in 30 degree temps and feet were as warm as toast. The hands were another issue. Had to break out the hand warmers but I don’t wear insulated gloves during bow season

02-Nov-23
Thanks!

02-Nov-23
Alpaca socks. Plus a merino wool base layer for sub-zero sits.

02-Nov-23

fdp's embedded Photo
fdp's embedded Photo
Here is what I wear until it gets REALLY cold.

02-Nov-23
19 degrees here in ND last weekend! what a shocker that was.. About 9:30 am my feet in my big clunker 1600 rubber boots started to feel it... I just wear a good blended sock is all but normally when it gets that cold i thrown in boot warmers.. On the topic of socks I saw at sporting goods store they had some reasonably priced battery operated socks... $50.00.. Thinking about giving them a try but at same time its just more wasted batteries (unless I get rechargeable I suppose). Require 2 double A and last four hours.

02-Nov-23
Alpaca here too. Wore 2 pairs this morning it was 25 degrees out!

02-Nov-23
Bison. No foolin.

02-Nov-23

JTreeman's embedded Photo
JTreeman's embedded Photo
I’m surprised nobody has mentioned Bama Booties. I know several guides who live in their rubber boots who absolutely swear by them. Mainly for moisture wicking, but also added warmth. I wear them over thin wool socks and it is night and day how much dryer my socks stay with them on. A couple different brands to choose from on Amazon, in the $30 range.

For me personally when it comes right down to it rubber boots just don’t keep my feet warm on stand when the temps really drop, regardless of what socks I wear.

—Jim

02-Nov-23
I get my boots a size too large and use Darn Tough against my skin and then the thick Merino wool socks over them. If I have a long way to walk, my feet will sweat and I wear one pair of socks and bring the two above in my pack and put them on before I get in the stand and put the sweaty pair in my pack. The insulation from two socks inside insulated rubber boots works well so long as they're dry.

You can also put antiperspirant on your feet, but it only works if you do your entire foot, including between your toes.

02-Nov-23
t-Roy………I’ve been pleased with different items from, “Alpacas of Montana” company

02-Nov-23

Ok...Russ's embedded Photo
Ok...Russ's embedded Photo
Tried these out last year on late season sits in OK. Worked great! Had to be careful and not get too hot then feet sweat. $70 or so off Amazon.

02-Nov-23
Darn tough year around

02-Nov-23
Darn tough year around for me too.

03-Nov-23
Wool or alpaca. If you ever try a good alpaca sock you'll understand

03-Nov-23
I got a bunch and they all seem to be the same, what works for me is two pairs, cotton with a wool or fake wool larger sock overtop. And I'm in a arctic muck, always

• Sitka Gear