Zbone 20-Nov-23
casper 29-Nov-23
JakeBrake 29-Nov-23
Pop-r 01-Dec-23
APauls 01-Dec-23
16-Nov-23

Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo
You guys see this buck killed on Antelope Island in Utah this year by the guy who owed Jimmy John. He paid $500k for the tag.

16-Nov-23
I have seen it now.

16-Nov-23
Bet it was a real fast hunt.

16-Nov-23
That’s a nice buck!!

16-Nov-23
My lord. What a buck. And to think, I helped pay for it…

16-Nov-23
Good one Bow Bullet

16-Nov-23
He had to thread the needle with that shot. Apparently the buck was sandwiched between 2 others.

16-Nov-23
Tremendous buck! I believe he had a similar “hunt” for an elk couple years ago.

16-Nov-23
^^You guys gonna be here all week? Try the veal, and be sure to tip your waitresses….

BTW….don’t give up your day jobs ;-)

Heck of a deer! Congrats to him.

EDIT……I’m sure there’s a “condom-ment” joke in there somewhere, but that might be a bit of a stretch.

16-Nov-23
Troy, stop trying to "submarine" these guys.

16-Nov-23
Incredible buck and good for him. Love seeing successful entrepreneurs continue passion with the outdoors.

16-Nov-23
You guys sure are hamming it up! What a buck!

16-Nov-23
The average guy spends a couple hundred bucks on a tag and thinks he is doing wonders for funding conservation. Imagine how far a half a mil goes to make things better in that state game department.

16-Nov-23
What a jerk! For that money he could have bought a Rolls Royce Phantom instead of wasting it on wildlife conservation!

16-Nov-23
Good gravy, what a deer. Good for him and good for Utah.

16-Nov-23
Great animal, congrats to Jimmy.... Just wondering if an outfitter crew kept daylight tabs on this buck for months like they did on the Spider bull?

Haven't a clue so curious, is/was it possible for the public to apply to draw a tag for Antelope Island, or auction only?

16-Nov-23
What a buck, congrats to him and wildlife conservation.

16-Nov-23
I don’t care who shot it and how, that is a phenomenal buck!! Way more than that even!!

I don’t think the Spider Bull shooter can be compared to Jimmy. Jimmy’s got and Jimmy gives and it’s great that he has a buck as a token of appreciation.

16-Nov-23
Hey, I get the auction tag and what they do for conservation, I'm all for it and if I was wealthy would do so too, but wasn't the Spider Bull killed on an Governor or auction tag?

16-Nov-23
JJ does it again!!! He’s had the money and desire to spend it on critters most people will only see in a picture. I remember seeing him hunting big bulls in AZ 25 years ago. Congrats !

16-Nov-23
Good for him, and a fantastic buck!

16-Nov-23
Antelope Island is essentially "off limits" to the average hunter.

NR's don't have a prayer of pulling a tag and R's are extremely limited.

16-Nov-23
bow or gun?

16-Nov-23
Jimmy we found the buck. Ok pick me up in the helicopter and bring me to it but don’t lose sight of that deer!!!! I will be there shortly!!!!

16-Nov-23
I’ll bet you’re just the life of the party, Spike!

16-Nov-23
Wow, that's a dandy!

16-Nov-23
Wow what a buck!

16-Nov-23
Helluva buck. Good for him!

16-Nov-23
WOW. A keeper for sure. Congratulations!!

16-Nov-23
Antelope island is not off limits To the public. Per Utah law, If there is an auction permit, There must a draw equivalent. Similarly to our governors tags have the sportsman’s tags that you can draw.

The spider bull….yes that was on a governors tag.

As far as 24 hour surveillance that many on this board discuss, I’d encourage you to do what I did. I know the guides. I know the people Involved. It isn’t what everyone thinks or “knows”.

In fact, spider bull evaded them For sometime. Intentionally or not, he was a tough find.

Now, Flame away.

16-Nov-23
Good for him. Let him spend his money on hunting and conservation. He could easily be like some other elites who are spending billions flying penis shaped rockets to lower orbit.

16-Nov-23
Last time I looked this is still kinda America, where a guy can spend his money as he wants, (unless you’re Trump). Bully for him if he wants to spend it on a fantastic muley. Comparing our incomes it’s probably about like me buying a box of shotgun shells.

16-Nov-23
Wow what a buck!

16-Nov-23
Incredible buck! Good for him and the conservation donation as well.

16-Nov-23
Win win, nice buck!

16-Nov-23
wonder??? was that the biggest the island had to offer? What does 2nd place look like and did this buck have a name (like all the shooters have a name, right?) Well now its call the JJ buck. Congratulations JJ.

Still free range, he doesn't buy a kill, Not all of his hunts are successful, he bought a Colorado elk landowner tag & hunt for a lot of JJ bucks, a few years back and did not punch the tag.

16-Nov-23
Good for Jimmy and good for UT.

16-Nov-23
Auction tags speed the process of turning hunting into a rich mans' sport. Do we really want to copy Europe?

16-Nov-23
Hunting will never be just a rich man’s sport as long as there is public hunting available. I would think you would want to copy Europe, apparently on everything but hunting

16-Nov-23
“Auction tags speed the process of turning hunting into a rich mans' sport. Do we really want to copy Europe?”

It’s the opposite actually when the funds are used constructively. More/better habitat translates to more animals and more public hunter opportunity.

16-Nov-23
To my knowledge there are two Mule Deer Buck tags each year for AI. One is auctioned, one is a draw for residents. That may be the most ever paid for the auctioned tag, but I'm pretty sure one went for $450k before.

If you've never been to the island, and you're in SLC, I highly recommend it. Cool buck, congrats Jimmy, I guarantee he didn't shoot it over a failure-pile!

16-Nov-23

16-Nov-23

16-Nov-23
DConcrete, didn't say it was off limits to the public.

I did say it was essentially "off limits" for the avg hunter...

16-Nov-23
Very nice buck, wow!

16-Nov-23
Look at that smile! I'd say it was worth it to him for sure!

16-Nov-23
Dana TB1. Another thing you know nothing about.

Keep at it !

One day I swear you will get it right

16-Nov-23
Congrats, super deer anyone would shoot.

17-Nov-23
The guy has a net worth over 2 billion, if you had a net worth of 1 million, it would be like you spending $250 for the same hunt. Everyone would do it. Looks like he lost a little weight since that elk hunt, good for him

17-Nov-23
congrats to jj.

17-Nov-23
MissDana's IQ is half the second lowest IQ on bowsite. I wouldn't waste much time arguing with MissDana.

17-Nov-23
I would like to see his trophy room.

18-Nov-23
Congrats, happy for a self made man and a hunter! So many wealthy won't even put themselves out there when they do hunt.

19-Nov-23
There was a bigger one than that on the mountain I hunted in Utah for a few hundred dollars. Problem was, everybody in the country knew about him, including Mossback.

19-Nov-23
Was he hunting? How heavy do you think his day pack was? What was the most challenging part of the harvest? Did he do the gutless method to manage the pack out? So many questions about the time before and after the hero shot picture.

19-Nov-23
My guess on the most challenging part of the harvest, was probably all the years and years of hard work, sacrifices, taking big chances, gambling with his own money, yada, yada, that Jimmy did to make his fortune, so he could pay for these hunts that he does. More power to him….

19-Nov-23
As T-roy notes, JJ earned every one of his trophies. As I advise other jealous haters, why didn't (don't) YOU make more money so you can afford adventures like this?

19-Nov-23
Jj should have a venison sandwhich during the hunting season.some lettuce, tomato ,onion, and some bbq sauce, I bet it would be a seller.

19-Nov-23
Jaq, no, that's not it...

19-Nov-23
Jaq even if I was worth 2 billion I still wouldn’t pay to have 10 guides find my animal and take me to it. I hunt animals not shoot them. Some people are just different I guess more power to them.

19-Nov-23
This is better than buying a bunch of private land and never allowing others to hunt it.

I live in a place where land goes that way and it is a loss for the hunting community and seems like this may help that if we could sell a mule tag a year it would draw some cash for habitat or hunting public.

19-Nov-23
When wealthy people use their money and influence to fight against hunting, we piss and moan.

When a wealthy person uses their money and influence to GO hunting, we really, really piss and moan.

19-Nov-23
What a buck! JJ has been hunting big critters for along time and must not tire of it! Congrats to him on another top ender!

19-Nov-23
Some young fella had the draw tag. From the look of it he shot the 2nd biggest deer on the island, which was also a giant.....kind of looks like he may have had the same crew that jj did.

Good for both of them.

If i had that kind of cheese id be bidding against him next go round.

19-Nov-23
Beautiful buck … but if he really wants to impress me he should buy the tag and donate it to a fat bald guy from New Jersey

19-Nov-23
^^^^ Shug, I thought Pat was from NY ?

19-Nov-23
I’m not touching that I think he already hates me… and it’s Connecticut

20-Nov-23

20-Nov-23
T-Roy nailed it !

20-Nov-23
It was only $500,000. Jeff Bezo paid around $1,000,000,000 for a boat.

20-Nov-23
Great deer, congrats JJ. I still go out of my way to eat at Jimmy Johns.

20-Nov-23
Like most on here, I applaud him for spending the money that benefits conservation. Obviously, most of us are jealous of him and the opportunities that his net worth provides. Knowing that he puts big dollars into conservation, I will be stopping at JJ more often. I stopped supporting Subway a few years ago when their spokesperson had knelt during the national anthem. Life is full of choices. If I were a Utah resident I would certainly but applying for the one available tag.

20-Nov-23
Don't think Jimmy owns Johns anymore...8^)

Maybe I read it wrong, but think he sold JJ off...

20-Nov-23
Quite a few videos of the deer floating around the internet prior to it being taken. What a amazing buck.

20-Nov-23
As was said, for those eating at JJ's to help support his hunting lifestyle, he sold 2/3 of it in 2016 and the rest of it in 2019.

20-Nov-23

JohnMC's Link
Some video of buck if link will work

20-Nov-23

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
WOW John, thanks for the video link... Pictures don't do that buck justice, incredible animal...

Couple things - what are those high slender plants he's munching on, looks like they have some kind of pods on them?

And then you Rompula believers are going to like this - Look at those droopy ears...8^)

29-Nov-23
More than one guy i know gave away 500k or more the minute they got divorced. Should have bought the tag.

29-Nov-23
Anybody know what that sucker scores?

01-Dec-23
WOW!

01-Dec-23
Incredible. Yeah you would think the "common man" would thank this guy and others like him endlessly. One guy spending $500,000 is a lot easier than 500 people spending $1,000.

Guys that say if they had money they wouldn't ____________. No way to know unless you had the money. Whose to say JJ doesn't do 10 hunts the hard way and then 1 the easy way every year? I don't see the point in trying to berate the guy. We know nothing. Congrats to him. He obviously knows what hard work is to make himself a billionaire, but yet some pat themselves on the back because their hunt is "harder." Good grief.

• Sitka Gear