TonyBear 30-Nov-23
Rut Nut 30-Nov-23
Supernaut 30-Nov-23
Bowfreak 30-Nov-23
Rut Nut 30-Nov-23
29-Nov-23

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
Just a shot in the dark, but does anyone have a working Lewis Strapper Retriever that you don't use and are willing to part with? It doesn't appear that they make them anymore and I'd like another one if I can get my hands on one. Also wondering if anyone still uses one today? My brother and I do and we've had them for at least 25-30 years. Thanks Paul

29-Nov-23
Lots of similar products on the market if you can't find one.

29-Nov-23
I still carry one in my pack and use it when I do not have two pull up ropes; one for my pack and one for my bow. The crank handle is broken off of mine and I would like to buy a new one too. Sportsman Guide is where I bought mine, but they have not carried them for years.

29-Nov-23
I have several, looking for more if somebody finds a source...

29-Nov-23
I liked my first one a lot, then lost it... Couple years later stopped by an archery shop and the place had two of them collecting dust, I bought them both, now have a backup, but sorry will not part with one, haven't seen one for sale since, there hard to come by now... Might wanta try eBay...

29-Nov-23

Supernaut's embedded Photo
Supernaut's embedded Photo
I've had mine for about 25 years and it's been one of the most durable pieces of gear I've owned.

If you find one comparable, please let us know and good luck in your quest!

29-Nov-23
I used that brand until I found the Hunter Safety System (HSS) Bow and Gear Hoist. Better and less bulky than the Strapper IMO.

29-Nov-23
I used one for many years until it was stolen when my house got broken into. I couldn’t find one to replace it so I just bought strapping that is about 1/2” wide. I just have about 20-22” feet of this material tied off o my pack and stuffed into a pocket. Works just as well but without the reel.

30-Nov-23
Bowfreak... did the police ever question tobywon??

Seems kinda suspicious.... just saying.

30-Nov-23
Amazon has some strap type crank up retrieval systems. Not the same brand but, the same concept.

Toby, send me your address. I’ll send you one like you posted about. I use a saddle now and don’t need it anymore. I’ll get it in the mail sometime next week.

30-Nov-23
I have one that the handle broke off many years ago. I still used it up until last year. Then I found this bad boy! Very thin and fits in my small accessory pocket on my fanny pack. I love the slim design and the handle folds away flat so it won’t get caught on stuff and break off. Works so well I just bought a second one as a backup.

I will send my old strapper retriever to anyone who wants it. Let the bidding begin at $50! ;-)

30-Nov-23
Oops! Forgot the pic

Of course now it won’t post for some reason! : (

30-Nov-23
Hunter Safety Systems

30-Nov-23

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I have one I don’t use

30-Nov-23
Toby, Camofire.com has a similar one on sale today for 10 bucks. They look pretty good.

30-Nov-23
Thanks for the replies guys. Thanks to WV (Justin) I am all set and don't want to hog yours cnelk or Rut if others that replied here can use one. So true Supernaut, its been the most reliable piece of equipment I've owned. I have even used it to hoist paint cans to my roof.

KS, I have used the HSS hoist and it does the job, but the strap is thin and is not as easy to grip, so I prefer the strapper.

Fuzz, only suspicious if that was the only thing missing. Sorry to hear Bowfreak, that sucks.

30-Nov-23
If anyone wants mine, just PM me. FREE to a “good home.” ;-)

30-Nov-23

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Amazon has a bunch of variations.

30-Nov-23
Unfortunately, they got a lot more stuff than my strapper retriever.

30-Nov-23

DanaC's Link
HSS link

30-Nov-23
Any spring loaded auto-retrieval will likely fail in time. The beauty of the Strapper is it was manual. I added beefier carabiners on both ends so it can be used in the dark on a pack, belt, safety harness, etc. Will check out the others posted. Thanks

30-Nov-23
That’s my new one Dana- thanks for posting! You can’t see it, but it has a VERY sturdy belt clip on the back that attaches nicely to my safety harness and then to a strap on my fanny pack once in treestand. I like the belt clip much better than the clips on the strapper.

30-Nov-23
Thanks for the heads up and review on the HSS Perry. I will be ordering one.

30-Nov-23
Unfortunately, they got a lot more stuff than my strapper retriever.

30-Nov-23
You’re welcome Jim. Always glad to give intel on good equipment.....................

• Sitka Gear