Pintail 05-Dec-23
Thornton 06-Dec-23
Grey Ghost 06-Dec-23
01-Dec-23

BCSkyline's embedded Photo
Pic for attention.
BCSkyline's embedded Photo
Pic for attention.
Since I can't find a search function on here I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on Ozonics. I realize this has probably been beaten to death already. Cheers.

01-Dec-23
A proven scent killer and a must have accessory but it will rot the rubber and elastic in your equipment over time.

01-Dec-23
A hint of sarcasm is in the air, but thanks to Ozonics, the deer will never smell it ! ;-)

Seriously, I have used it successfully, but you have to use it exactly like the company says to. And yes, it has been beaten to death, you will get opinions from users and experts that have never used one, so weed them out if you can.

01-Dec-23
Never heard of anyone using ozonics while hunting Stone Sheep!

01-Dec-23
Believers in Ozonics will ram this down your throats. The gullible will line up like sheep to buy it. Ewe really need one of these to kill anything.

01-Dec-23
Well if you don't mind being separated from 500 dollars for a product that may or may not work is up to you. If you think a machine can put out enough ozone to block your scent while sitting in a tree the have at it. I think it's snake oil and I have yet to see anyone using one, but have st it and let us know how it works.

01-Dec-23
I've used various ozone machines in a ground blind, and for scent killing inside my truck and gear before a hunt.

I don't see how it's as practical to work in a tree

01-Dec-23
I don't use one, but a good friend who has even been a guide swears by them. I believe this fellow on about everything he says and I don't think he is lying to me. However, I'm not spending money on such a thing. Heck, I don't use soaps, sprays, and special clothing either.

01-Dec-23
Use one along with an HECS suit, winning!

01-Dec-23
From what I understand Lee and Tiffany do not use or endorse Ozonics, so I would definitely not buy that product. Hope that helps.

02-Dec-23
Well for you guys thinking of getting one , Jow is the time. Just saw a commercial for 40% off, that's a 240 dollar saving, so sales must not be doing well. Hurry hurry don't let these savings go by you.

02-Dec-23
Like every other scent elimination product, this too will fad away (pun intended).

02-Dec-23
Ozonics, triatomic oxygen, its all ozone. You would need enough ozone to destroy lung tissue to completely control your scent if you are in the immediate breathing area. Your breath is the source of a majority of scent dispersed. However, the units can be used to destroy scent in a sealed container on equipment, clothing that can handle the chemical physical reaction. The rest of it is sales spin and as you know once you start coughing(due to the lung irritation, tissue damage), game over for most game hunting, right?

Save you money and work with the prevailing wind using cattail fluff or milkweed pods, a small string on your bow to determine wind direction.

02-Dec-23
I’ve never used one but I know they don’t work seems to be the theme. LMAO !

02-Dec-23
I’ve had great luck with them on bear baits. We killed 2 brown bears this spring dead down wind using them. Never tried them on whitetails, but next time I’m south I definitely will.

02-Dec-23
I don’t buy into much as it relates to what internet (bowsite) experts and TV experts opine on related to bow hunting. For the most part, like with camo and the latest expensive, colored hunting clothing, it’s all BS. I have no paid relationship whatsoever with any product or company.

I agree that in a treestand I think you’re wasting your time and money using an Ozonics machine. Too much human scent, not enough time or volume of ozone to treat it before it disperses into the wind column and drifts toward your quarry.

That said, I once spent six (6) evenings in a ladderstand with my Ozonics machine(s) running. I knew several black bear boars were hitting my bait because I had photos of them, but while I was there, I didn’t see a single bear. I could hear them circling my bait, but nothing would come in while I was there.

I set up a portable ground blind at that bait. I didn’t know, at the time, you weren’t supposed to have the machine(s) in there with you. I had two machines in the blind with me. The first evening, after just a half hour sit, I killed a nice boar. I waited one night and went back for a second evening sit and killed a second nice boar after a 2 hour sit.

I think in an enclosed environment, where ozone has a chance to work on your human scent long enough before dispersing toward your quarry, it seems to work. Nothing has a better nose than a bear, so my experience has taught me to use them in ground blinds leaving very limited open areas (windows). Now what I do is place two machines in the one window I have open.

I place previously worn clothing in the open window when I’m not hunting. I think this does two things. First, it helps, to some degree, to keep bears out of the blind. Second, it helps, to some degree, to habituate older boars to human scent being in proximity to the bait. I tried leaving socks and undershirts right at the bait, and the older boars just quit hitting the bait altogether. With the bears I hunt anyway, you can’t leave too much human scent right at the bait.

I think in an open treestand they’re a waste of time.

02-Dec-23
I use Ozonics for my clothing and Zero Trace while on stand. My experiences has shown it works 29% of the time which makes me happy. The Ozonics smell reminds me of cleaning my Dad’s and my shotgun with Hoppes. Man o man that stuff smells good. Zero odor with Zero Trace.

02-Dec-23
I have tried them in Ground Blinds and to deodorize the back of my truck and clothing. Sure, seems to work as Bob stated in an enclosed environment, mine eventually quit working so sent it in and had the Ozone generator and fan replaced and have not used it since I got it back. Should sell it as I just do not use it.

02-Dec-23
Like BB and Rock said, in a ground blind, if you manage your wind, they work. I’ve stated this before, but it bears repeathat I have had hogs and coyotes down wind of me (and up close) without smelling me. Some of you guys don’t know much about hogs, but the grown ones have zero curiosity. Deer will normally hear something and stand there looking until they see or smell the threat. A hog hears the same foreign sound and he leaves. I’ve seen it many times because we are inundated with the stinking bastards. I was once sitting in my bow blind and had a group of hogs eating straight N of me. I was just waiting for the right opportunity to stick one. I heard a grunt behind me and two BIG hogs were straight S of me. Wind was out of the N, no way they couldn’t have smelled me right ! But I had my ozonics unit going and they passed within three feet of the blind, I could only see their backs as they passed by my side windows, one on each side. I think they caught a whiff of where I walked in or touched the blind because they didn’t join the pigs eating in front of me, but they DID NOT run. I did stick the sow I was originally gonna shoot, she did break my arrow (as usual), and she did run. However, Sarge the Wonder Dog found her about a hundred yards away with half of my expensive arrow still in her. I salvaged the broadhead, lucky me.

02-Dec-23
I can hardly keep up with my flashlight.

02-Dec-23
I don't have one but I do know the effectiveness of O3 and eliminating odors.

03-Dec-23
It’s a joke

04-Dec-23
Bought a small unit and use it in the bathroom, works great for killing odor in there so must be something to it.

04-Dec-23
wytex, I usually just strike a match in the bathroom, gramma taught me that.;0)

04-Dec-23
I am in the opposite of scent control. I use pop up blinds, brushed in and pit blinds (private land).... I hang out black socks, used underwear,and black Ts.s I get those deet use to MY smell, no different than bear baits. I am a meat hunter, but take some decent bucks. Big woods, UP, and yes I bait, which is legal here. There is a trick to baiting, and no, I don't use feeders, and lots of bait, like you see on TV. Actually I use alot of liquid scent hung high, that brings them in.

04-Dec-23

Thornton's embedded Photo
Just another gimmick. I have a couple dozen anxiety ridden Kansas bucks within spitting distance of me every year without plugging in a ridiculous contraption that looks like a microwave above my head.

04-Dec-23
I wish mine were a microwave, I could heat me up a sausage and egg biscuit and the deer would never smell it………..

04-Dec-23
Thornton has spoken…….End of discussion.

04-Dec-23
LOL

05-Dec-23
Is that deer looking up from a corn pile. Enlarged the photo seems to show kernels. Busted!!!!!!

05-Dec-23
Funny Thornton would post a picture of him getting busted by a deer, then proclaim a certain scent control device that he's never used is a gimmick. LOL!!

Matt

05-Dec-23
Ozone works for scent control , just not like some folks think. Lots of science to show it does help eliminate odors. Ozonics, probably needs a enclosed area to work properly.

scentman some folks don't like the match smell, used that forever until we got the small ozone machine.

05-Dec-23
I hump enough crap into the woods. If I have to include a midget air conditioner to be successful, I'm going to find something else as a past time.

06-Dec-23

Grey Ghost. I posted these on my hunt. Here is that same buck, completely relaxed. I had quite a few young ones come directly under me those few days. He only looked up when I leaned over the branch to get his photo.

06-Dec-23
No worries, Thornton. I just found it amusing that you'd brag about having dozens of bucks within spitting distance, then post a pic of a buck who obviously had you busted. BTW, that buck looks very alert and stiff-legged in your last pic, to me.

Speaking of scent control, I've been a "just play the wind" kinda guy for years, too. In the past, I've tried the scent free clothes, sprays, detergents, etc.. and, frankly, they never seemed to make a difference. That said, I have a favorite natural cedar blind where deer come from all directions, so there is no ideal wind direction. After getting winded several times in that blind this season, I decided to try the Nose Jammer stuff that Lou advocates.

The first morning I tried it, I sprayed my clothes in my garage, then sprayed it all over my blind. I had deer all around me that morning, sometimes inside of 10 yards directly down wind. They never winded me. After returning home, I noticed the scent of the Jammer lingered in my garage for several hours. The next morning I did the same routine, and killed my buck at 7 yards directly down wind. I'm a firm believer in the stuff based on my limited experience. I'll have a can of it in my pack next year for sure.

Matt

• Sitka Gear