Beendare 10-Dec-23
Beendare 10-Dec-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 10-Dec-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 10-Dec-23
Knifeman 10-Dec-23
Iowabowhunter 10-Dec-23
butcherboy 11-Dec-23
09-Dec-23
Anyone go this route before?? Seriously considering it within the next year or so…. With new job my time should allow quite a bit more hunting which will lead to me wanting to hit a few more states and areas to chase some whitetails. Pros/Cons you’ve experienced..?

09-Dec-23
I’ve done it. Prefer using my Kodiak canvas tent instead. The trailer has its advantages though. JTreeman has a good setup.

09-Dec-23
I started a cargo trailer conversion a year ago. Still slowly getting it done. Used it this year partially complete. After multiple years of big tents, and different traditional travel trailers, I found the cargo trailer to be an ideal in between. Youtube has tons of videos on converting cargo trailers into camping rigs.

10-Dec-23
I use one for hunting my lease. It is a 6x12, 6.5 ft. interior height. I insulated the entire inside and finished it with 1/4 in. osb and pine trim. Put in 2 windows and a Mr Heater ventless wall mount heater, and put 2 20 gallon propane tanks on front.. I also spray foamed the underside. Installed 2 levelers in the back. I have no power there, so my lights are all battery. I use a cot system and put on a bunch of wall hooks for clothes and bows. Its basic, but I love it. When im done hunting for the year, I just throw all the stuff in there for the ride back including my ebike and stands. I love the big back door for loading, especially when you have to transport a deer. My one con is the gas mileage on my truck sucks with that high of a trailer.

10-Dec-23
That sounds like a great outfit Knifeman!

Bernie

10-Dec-23
Any pics?

10-Dec-23
I'll second Knifeman's trailer. I've had my Cargomate 6x12 for 9 years. Ordered it with insulation, two screened side windows, an RV door (window and screen door, inside locks too), axle mounted on taller spring shackles for clearance, rear stabilizing jacks, pivoting jack up front, tie downs etc. Inside I added 25 large cup hooks. Was fairly cheap to add all the options....I did paint the inside when it was new, and have touched it up once since with all the use it has gotten.

I haul the RZR or Grizzly in it, then use a cot and folding table. Dang handy rig....that really cuts your gas mileage.

10-Dec-23

Knifeman's embedded Photo
Not many pics but you get the idea

10-Dec-23

10-Dec-23
Nice set up knife, that's all you need... warmth, out of the elements, and versatile. scentman

10-Dec-23
Check out Enzy campers for ideas to incorporate into your own build. They do some nice work.

10-Dec-23
Making progress on mine…room for my quad in back. All solar powered electric with 400w solar, 100ah lithium battery. Propane stove and shower, diesel heater.

10-Dec-23

Beendare's embedded Photo
Beendare's embedded Photo
Try this again

10-Dec-23
I bought this trailer at auction, it had been in a wreck. I had to reweld the base of the RH side…it was racked badly 3” out of plumb ( see the gap behind the left side cabinet and wall)

I used my tractor to true it up ( pushing on top Left…. But it just sprung back about 1 1/4” still out. The back door frame is good just that front is out. Heck, to get it perfect - it would be easier to build from scratch- ( which I considered. My guess is it never was perfectly plumb. I thought about cutting a bunch of welds and welding a steel gusset or angle bracing to true it up- too much work for a cheapie trailer experiment.

I’m trying not to let the perfectionist in me take ahold of this- grin…a little trim and its not noticeable.

10-Dec-23
Thanks guys. Exactly what I’m looking to do. Few cabinets up top and a counter to set stuff on, 2 bunks and a spot for an ebike or two. Debating on running a Honda inverter for power in a lockable outside storage bin that’s locked (build into trailer) or going to solar route….

10-Dec-23
Those enzy campers are sweet…..little more than what I wanna be spending tho lol. The wife wouldn’t go for that hahah

10-Dec-23
I did not put any shelves or cabinets in so I can still use the trailer for business, scaffolding etc., and I can use it to move things if I need to. If it was a completely dedicated camper, the possibilities are endless.

10-Dec-23
Awesome idea!

Just checked out the Enzy those are awesome!

11-Dec-23
Those enzy campers are nice but holy crap! For that price a guy could find a smaller bumper pull toy hauler for cheaper.

• Sitka Gear