Ziek 11-Dec-23
caribou77 11-Dec-23
dakotahunter 12-Dec-23
Fulldraw 31-Dec-23
Ambush 31-Dec-23
wytex 01-Jan-24
Mule Power 01-Jan-24
10-Dec-23
For those of you who hunt out of wall tents-is love to see some pics.

Looking for something that can fit 4 with a wood stove. Likely 2 double bunk bed setups for my wife & I along with a couple friend of ours.

Wives felt left out not going on our Colorado trip so trying to figure out ideas.

Buddy & I could hunt out of the “base camp” for a few days then spike out for a few if we wanted

10-Dec-23

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Mule Power's embedded Photo
Wall tents have either 4 or 5 ft walls. Obviously the peak is higher but it’s still not practical to consider bunk beds.

For four people plus gear, clothes, kitchen supplies etc I’d suggest a 14x16 foot. When it’s just two of you it’ll be like a hotel. You could go a bit bigger like 15x18 but they’re heavier and harder to find a flat clear spot for and are harder to heat. This is a 14/16 from the Wall Tent Shop

10-Dec-23

Bowboy's embedded Photo
Bowboy's embedded Photo
Here’s mine 14x16 Davis Tent.

10-Dec-23
^^^ x2. Forget about the bunk beds. The sidewalls aren’t high enough.

X 2 on the brand. Wall tent shops makes a great tent. I have a 16x20. We used to stay in it at deer camp every year. 5 and gear plus a stove and a cooking setup was perfect.

My only advice left is don’t get a sewn in floor.

10-Dec-23
Wait…. Wives on an elk hunt AND in a wall tent?

Are you effin nuts?

10-Dec-23
I can't recommend the Kodiak canvas tent enough.

Super easy to set up.

I have the 10 x 14, perfect for 2, ok for 3, to crowded for 4.

If you can do a search and find the old forum- wall tents were discussed at length, with quite a few pics.

11-Dec-23
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. My wife wants nothing to do with sleeping in a tent with smelly bowhunters who are up at 4AM.

For 2 couples, I would suggest 2, 12x12s or similar.

11-Dec-23

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Kodiak Canvas, 12x12 lodge with the vestibule. Perfect for 3 but can and have done 4, but a little tight. I use a buddy heater on a 20 pound tank as opposed to a wood stove. Works great and very comfortable.

11-Dec-23

Ziek's embedded Photo
Ziek's embedded Photo
We always had more hunters (including my wife, and another female bowhunter) in camp. It was also a horse-pack camp, so size was an issue. This is my Davis 10 X 12 X 5 foot tent. We use the wall tent for a warm place to cook, eat, and socialize, and everyone brings their own tent for sleeping. It's for sale, by the way.

11-Dec-23
They make some pretty short bunk beds so I could see it on a 5’ high wall. Even if no one slept on the top you could store gear above and below

12-Dec-23

dakotahunter's embedded Photo
dakotahunter's embedded Photo
I believe it’s a 12 x 14 from Davis I have. It would be tough to do 4 with a wood stove running. I love hunting out of it. My setup is great for 2 but easily handles 3.

31-Dec-23
I’ve got a two tent (Montana canvas) set up with frames stove floors the whole deal I’d make you a smokin’ deal on. :)

31-Dec-23

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
Id recommend two tents. Men’s and ladies and scheduled conjugal visits.

01-Jan-24
I'll second the 14x16 ft size at least and notice the front awnings, they add tons of useable space outside the tent for cooking, storage , etc. Davis tent makes good ones as well.

01-Jan-24
Ambush lol! There would be a well worn path from tent to tent.

On second thought if I’m elk hunting they are going to have to go without for the most part.

A 10x12 foot is a 2 person tent. 12x15 handles 3. Any more than that I go to a 14x16. I’ve owned probably 10 different brands of wall tents. I will never buy abut a Wall Tent Store tent from over in Idaho. Best tents I’ve owned and the free shipping seals the deal.

• Sitka Gear