be still 14-Dec-23
APauls 14-Dec-23
KB 14-Dec-23
Slate 14-Dec-23
Catscratch 14-Dec-23
be still 14-Dec-23
kakiatkids 14-Dec-23
11-Dec-23
I’m thinking about hunting Kansas in the next year or two. I currently have 3 pref pts. Was wondering if anyone has recommendations from personal experience for an outfitter? Seems like many are based in the area between KC and Wichita. Is that the place to be?

Thanks for any advice . . . Rob

12-Dec-23
Is your preference a bait or non-baited operation

12-Dec-23
In other words, do you prefer to hunt, or not hunt?

12-Dec-23

12-Dec-23
You used to be able to come to this site and get recommendations and help…… fellow Bowhunters.

Rob

PM sent

12-Dec-23
Rob I’ll message you on Facebook To many clown here, TREESTANDWOLF you are 100% correct

12-Dec-23
Wow . . .

12-Dec-23
Pretty sure Pat would recommend Kent Jarnagin of Cimarron River Outfitters in Protection KS.

The live hunts they do from there have been great over the years

12-Dec-23
I'd encourage you Karen's to also come to KS, hire an unregulated "outfitter" and judge for yourself.

You can hunt, or you can be taken to a dump site, man or lesser man.

12-Dec-23
When I was growing up people like SitO would be known as Queer.

Rob. Wish I could help you but we mostly Poach Kansas these days. Good luck if you find the right place it's awesome.

How about the place Pat goes

Probably full but worth looking at

12-Dec-23
“When I was growing up people like SitO would be known as Queer.”

Times haven’t changed as much as you may think….

Some guys just can’t help but drop a big steaming pile in a thread just asking for a little help. Sad.

12-Dec-23
Forrest Keith is a great guy on here and probably a sponsor. My buddy Ron Niziolek has hunted with him.

12-Dec-23
Last I heard, Jarnigan has a couple year waiting list. I could ask his son. Whatever you decide, go with a reputable outfitter, someone that actually owns the ranch you'll be hunting. Now that no guide license is required here, every Redneck and his cousin leases "10,000 acres" and if you know the real story, they actually don't, and what they do have is pillaged my multiple groups of hunters.

12-Dec-23
There are plenty of us that view baiting as a vile form of training animals to come to an exact spot to kill them.

12-Dec-23
Hope you find what you are looking for and have a fun time. Kansas is a cool place and one a non-resident can still visit on a semi-regular schedule.

It only takes about 2 clicks on here anymore to see why so many are hesitant to post. Everything is greeted with far more hatred, sarcasm, anger, agenda-pushing comments than helpful posts. It used to be easier to ignore...

13-Dec-23
The Bowsite has been invaded by liberals.??

13-Dec-23
You think this site is bad go over to Archery Talk , that forum is a waste of time.

13-Dec-23

fuzzy's embedded Photo
fuzzy's embedded Photo
Oh man! I missed a "Queer" thread!

13-Dec-23
If there's a thread that involves KS, and baiting, rest assured I'll be here.

Until you come to KS, and see the devastating effects baiting has had on the health and herd structure, how it's destroyed the hunting culture, and has now caused a huge decline in game bird populations via aflatoxin and a nest predator explosion...you probably won't understand.

The tide is turning on baiting, not just here on Bowsite, or in KS, but across the nation...and I'm gonna ride that wave.

13-Dec-23
I couldn't give a Southern Iowa brush pile what yall do in Kansas. I am just as happy as a fecal immersed swine that my home state doesn't allow baiting tho.

13-Dec-23
"how it's destroyed the hunting culture,"

Maybe in your state. Different places, different critters, bating is an integral part of the hunting culture. Bear hunting for instance. In big woods a bait site might be your only chance to see a bear in a season.

Here in Mass. baiting is illegal, and we cannot harvest enough bears to manage the population. (Dumbass antis outlawed hound hunting for bears too.)

13-Dec-23
In 2017 and 2018 we hunted with Redogg outfitters in NW Kansas. We had great hunts with Tim.

He doesn’t use bait or at least the stands I hunted anyway had no bait around them. Our hunts were November rut hunts.

13-Dec-23
They claim that feeding spreads disease because the deer touch each other at feeders but yet they must not have ever watched them in the wild as they are constantly grooming each other.Fur prices is what caused huge increase in coons not feeders.Don't pay attention to their personal judgements

13-Dec-23
Why Pat allows sitO to continually derail others threads is beyond me. Treat him like the cancer he is and cut him out. The guy asked a simple question if you can't contribute something positive then shut up!

13-Dec-23

sitO's Link
Have you tried reading Randy? It's the saliva at the feeders and failure piles, not the "touching". I'm pretty sure the Biologists, and all of the hunting organizations have observed cervids in the wild.

Listen to the attached podcast, and then answer the first question they ask.

William, I am contributing something positive for KS, and those who actually hunt in KS. If he's looking for an outfitter that actually hunts, I could probably help but that's yet to be determined.

13-Dec-23
Zackman x 2

13-Dec-23
Sito speaking truth,some hate that.

13-Dec-23
SitO seems to me you need to work harder so you can buy some land in Kansas. Buy enough and you won’t have to worry about the bait piles at other farms.

13-Dec-23
I could care less either way but i get more of a kick out of the thin skinned guys that get worked up over some stranger on the internet. It says more about you than the person who has an opinion on baiting!

13-Dec-23
Greg, my family has quite a bit of land, and personally I have access to 15k acres or so. It's not about me, it's about hunting.

13-Dec-23
Props Sito. I’ve seen the effect that bait and bad outfitters have on Kansas hunting. Keep calling out the bad practices.

13-Dec-23
Fuzzy??? Drinking and posting remember? Sito has a valid point, I never hunted KS but if that was my home state I'd be pissed also... bou, started the sarcasm as usual, gets off on it for some reason.

13-Dec-23
33 posts, 2 outfitter recommendations. LOL.

Rob in VT, sorry I don't have any outfitter recommendations. I only DIY in KS.

13-Dec-23
Whether Sito is correct or not doesn't matter. If you have some info to help Rob in VT, post it if you want. If not, start another thread to continue the never ending baiting bitch.

13-Dec-23
Between KC and Wichita you will be hunting a little bit more timbered areas. Lots of small woodlots, rolling hills, tree lined creeks, and such. Deer populations tend to be pretty high. The further west you go the terrain opens up. Less timber, more and bigger crop fields. Different type of hunting. Even some areas with almost no trees. Deer population is a little lower but still pretty good. Also less people as you go west in Kansas. Though not necessarily less hunters!

13-Dec-23
Exactly Jethro. Nothing was stopping him from recommending a outfitter who doesn't bait and moving on. But Bou spread the bait and like a 1 1/2 year old forky sitO can't resist. So now another thread has been derailed because some have to act like attention seeking children.

13-Dec-23
Does this mean you aren't inviting me to your "gender reveal" party William?

13-Dec-23
Greg has a good synopsis. Wouldn’t get too hung up on one area having bigger bucks than another. Wolf Creek Outfitters resides in probably one of the neatest areas in the state in my opinion, if that matters at all. Not sure if he takes new business or just returning clients though.

Unless you really like giving KDWP your money there’s no need for more preference points. They’re good until five years of inactivity, so if you don’t wind up applying this year they won’t be lost.

13-Dec-23
Big Dog Outfitters, Kingman Kansas

13-Dec-23
CK Outfitters Osage City Awesome!

14-Dec-23
Scentman actually I'm as big an asshole sober as drinking. That was a sober one. Lol

14-Dec-23
Sitting on the ground next to a wheat field 40 days in a row and not shooting a deer year after year don't sound like much fun to me. I dont see how that would help hunting?

14-Dec-23
Fuzzy, your not an a hole, I think your funny and good humored brother.

14-Dec-23
Some replies to threads like this explain why so many knowledgeable and experienced bowhunters have left this site. It was only a few years ago that we regularly had a handful of archery super slammers contributing to threads. The level of information that was passed along here was amazing. Now a handful of people turn simple threads into pissing matches. Such a shame. This constant thread derailment should be dealt with before more people continue to leave this site.

14-Dec-23
If you’re using a feeder in Kansas you’re still getting milk from the bottle. If you’re using an outfitter and a feeder at the same time it’s about time you get weaned off the tit:?)

Naw seriously folks Sito here is a good man that’s only trying to protect the hunting heritage in Kansas. Like it was said above he speaks the truth. Some people might not like the horse he rides in on cause it sometimes bucks but at least it’s not dirty.

14-Dec-23
I am impressed by those willing to live an angry life to carry a torch. In Manitoba baiting is illegal, but there's prob as much of it happening per hunter as in Kansas. Used to anger me to no end but then I just realized I'm not changing anything I'm just living angry. So just remember, once baiting is outlawed, the battle ain't over. But we've also got as many rights based hunters as non rights based hunters and the rights based don't have any rules. So there's that too.

14-Dec-23
Have seen that sentiment a lot here recently NJ. Problem is it’s not exclusive to Bowsite whatsoever. Maybe this place is the only internetting some of you guys do though. Any somewhat controversial topic on any platform is going to draw some strong opinions these days. Baiting is the hottest hunting related topic by far in Kansas right now, and many outfitters are leading the charge to keep it. If you’re truly surprised or appalled it would get mentioned in a thread like this maybe the internet isn’t for you.

The days of “amazing levels of information being passed here” are probably over. Hell one very popular hunting forum recently started locking threads/deleting comments on specific hunts/units. Folks finally started understanding the ramifications of putting too much out there.

14-Dec-23
Be Still (Calhoun) baits in the state of Texas where he lives but, is against it in Kansas and is so far up the asses of Kansas residents that are against it. Explain that one.

14-Dec-23
Dang Slate, you ever meet Be Still face to face? One of the nicest and gracious men I know. He'd give the shirt off his back to help a stranger.

14-Dec-23
Aw Cat it’s alright. I guess he didn’t see the smiley face at the end of the sentence. Y’all know I love to joke but some of these people get the wrong message.

Slate I think you’ve been on the Kansas site enough to know in just the last few years I’ve started giving up killing over corn. Being from Texas I didn’t have too much pride in the way I was so called hunting. Quite a bit of Kansas folk helped me look at it in a different way including Braun here.

If you’re talking about the place I just bought down here in Texas that already had a feeder on it that I left for 19 yr old son then that’s fine. I’ve had a conversation with him about it and he’s not quite ready to give up corn so I left it for him. I haven’t hunted over it.

Lots of people in Kansas including farmers and ranchers up there thinks it’s just not right to put bait out and kill deer over it. Most of em are nice enough not to say anything and let you do it but a lot of that practice came from Texas here. So yes the last few years I’ve been having a different outlook on things. I’ve shot some good deer over my years but I was still wanting to shoot one or 2 really big deer and see what that feels like to wrap my hands around one. Thought I was getting pretty dang close there in Kansas especially the way I was baiting but after seeing how a lot of these guys hunt I felt started feeling pretty bad about it. There’s a chance I might not even shoot one now but I’m okay with that. I would rather in some small way restore Kansas for the future generations instead of that greed of gotta get one now and just keep pounding it down till there’s nothing left.

Maybe in New Jersey things are different and I guess that’s alright. Here in the south though if somebody invites you over for supper you show them respect and have some kind of manners at the supper table. Well I’m sorry I just didn’t have the heart to keep disrespecting that state and the good people that are in it. You can call that being up their tails all you want but to me it’s showing appreciation that I’m getting to hunt their beautiful state.

Rob overall I’m against outfitters in Kansas but if you’re set on going that direction you can PM me and I’ll recommend one. He’s homegrown down to earth kind of fella up there and he’ll treat you right.

14-Dec-23
My friend just came back from Kansas Trophy Whitetails...he had a great trip.

• Sitka Gear