Harvester 02-May-24
Keepitreal 02-May-24
carcus 03-May-24
Vaquero 45 03-May-24
Keepitreal 03-May-24
Vaquero 45 03-May-24
RD 03-May-24
17-Dec-23
Looking for a new head for moose ? What’s everyone favourite broadhead for a swamp donkey ?

17-Dec-23
Killed my Yukon moose with a G5 Striker , that animal on went like 20 yds .

17-Dec-23
Killed a 40"er in Alberta with a NAP 1.5" original Spitfire 3-blade mechanical last year. Cut off a rib entirely on entry and penetrated to the far side of the chest. Moose went about 30 yards. 472 gr total arrow weight at 272 fps.

17-Dec-23
Not what broadhead you use, its where you hit them with any broadhead. Use whichever you like and flies best for you.

I’ve killed maybe a dozen or so and never found moose were particularly difficult to kill. Easier than any other deer species from my experience. Have to put the arrow through their lungs though and their lungs are a huge target.

17-Dec-23
I asked the same question and the answers reiterated what Bob said. I’ve only taken one, but through the heart with a Ironwilloutfitters head and my moose was down in seconds.

Have a great hunt.

17-Dec-23
BlacktailBob, X2

I have shot 5 Moose 1 with Zwicky's Delta 4 blade and 4 with 150 Gr Magnus I, 4 blade (2 of those were pass-thru). Just lick any other animal shoot them thru the lungs and they do not last long.

17-Dec-23
I’ve only taken one moose. I used a slick trick 125 standard (so 1” cut). I found that arrow 30 yards passed my moose, stuck in the ground.

17-Dec-23
The same as my go to broadhead for whitetail. Slick Trick 100 grain magnum. However, once in a while I'll mix things up and use a Viper Trick.

17-Dec-23
Using black hornet most recently but the two taken with bow were with a bear razorhead and a steelforce.

17-Dec-23
G5 striker.

17-Dec-23

elkmtngear's Link
One fella on here, killed one with a stone head...so...there's that...

17-Dec-23
VPA 3 blade 100 grain on one, Wasp Boss 3 blade 100 grain on one, and Thunderhead 3 blade 100 grain on one.

17-Dec-23
I got mine with Muzzy

17-Dec-23

Tony 's embedded Photo
Tony 's embedded Photo
You can see where the arrow skipped down the sand bar after double lunging my Sk bull with a 100grain Slick trick

17-Dec-23
Killed 3 moose 2 with a 3 blade innerloc exp 1 with a 3 blade 170gr vpa out of my long bow shoots from 20yrds to 78yrds

17-Dec-23

Sam's embedded Photo
Sam's embedded Photo
Iron Will wide vented double bevel 125G, three pass throughs, TAW 477G.

17-Dec-23
Rage trypan

18-Dec-23
Site is not letting me post pictures.

Shot my first one with a short chisel point when it jumped back in the water- the water inhibited penetration.

Shot my last one - cow tag in CO- with a 2 blade from a 46# recurve- twice actually, both passed through barely slowing down. She went 5 steps and dropped in a creek.

18-Dec-23
Wasp Jak Hammer 28 yd shot. Animal walked out 20 yds then back to me, and died less than 8 steps away.

18-Dec-23

19-Dec-23
Killed ten bulls over the years with Thunderheads, Muzzys, Slick Trick, Innerloc.

20-Dec-23
I prefer a sharp, tough, fixed blade head, one that stays sharp throughout the animal, even if it’s a quartering away shot, even if it hits bone or cuts ribs. One that will give the best penetration on that quartering away shot. To me that takes out all expandable broadheads and makes an Iron Will head the best choice if you can stand the cost. Is there a better fixed blade head?

21-Dec-23
I've only killed one moose, but I used a Magnus Stinger Killer Bee out of a 50 lb. recurve and got a double-lung complete pass through. However, it went between ribs going in and just nicked one going out. Moose went 60 yards, coughed out a bunch of blood, and fell over.

21-Dec-23
Magnus Stinger 125grn. My Shira’s moose took one step and fell one of quickest kills I’ve experienced.

22-Dec-23
I've killed 6 moose with Qad exodus, great results, not a better BH made, yes there are lots as good tho but most are expensive

22-Dec-23
Mike U. Cost of Iron Will isn’t much of an issue for me. I have killed 4 bucks with the same $33 head. $8.5 per deer is pretty cheep. A great head

22-Dec-23
carcus, what target do you use for the Exodus heads? And how would you compare the Exodus to Slick tricks?

22-Dec-23
3 moose with Exodus

22-Dec-23
I’ve only killed 2 moose, both were with Slick Trick Viper Tricks.

—Jim

24-Dec-23
Dont over think this decision. Any strong sharp accurate fixed blade will do fine.

24-Dec-23
I shoot 29” dl at 70lbs. All mine have been with sturdy fixed 3 blades Muzzy, Montec, Tuffhead.

For a lower energy setup, I’d use a 2 blade coc.

12-Jan-24
I put a 45 yard frontal shot on my Moose with a 2" Rage. The arrow travelled the length of the body and when we found it during the gut job Darryl had to put a little ass into it to pull the arrow from what I assume was his pelvis.

He made it 80 yards.

12-Jan-24
Bowjangles … 45 yard frontal with a wide cut mech on a moose? Ok - glad it worked out for you. You should have bought a lottery ticket on the same day.

12-Jan-24
I've never hunted moose, but in my dreams I'm always shooting a 150 gr. Magnus Stinger.

13-Jan-24
Saying it worked out would be an understatement. It completely and totally destroyed his internals. I also didn't feel like I got lucky or that the shot was at a bad angle. I've never had a moose at 45 yards but when you do the sight picture is like having a deer at 20. I felt like I was shooting at the broadside of a barn, was super comfortable taking the shot and executed it flawlessly. It's the second best archery shot I've ever made with the first being a hard quartering toward shot at 26 yards on my mt goat.

I guess the moral of the story is take the shots you're comfortable with.

13-Jan-24
My sons and I have killed moose with Slick Tricks. They never went over about 60 yards. One that my son shot in the hoof completely shattered it and a second shot put it down within 50 yards. I cannot speak to the blood trails due to the short recoveries when they went down in sight. If I were shooting expandables I would go heavy on broadhead and bow weight.

13-Jan-24

Jeff Holchin's embedded Photo
Jeff Holchin's embedded Photo
Iron Will 175 grain double-bevel broadhead sliced thru my 2023 bull moose like hot knife and butter…he only made it 80 yards.

14-Jan-24

gobble50's embedded Photo
gobble50's embedded Photo
Only went moose hunting one time in NW Ontario. 100 gr Thunderhead. Complete penetration & buried in opposite shoulder.

14-Jan-24
The Lord was gracious enough to allow me to hunt moose in Quebec on a regular basis throughout the 1990s with people who grew up hunting them. These guys were “moose hunters” NOT bow hunters. They used bows because that was all that was legal. The first thing they taught me was that moose are much easier to kill than deer. I would not have believed it if I hadn’t seen it for myself, but, more than once, I’ve seen huge bulls killed with ancient, low poundage compounds and a rusty Razorback 5. I would not recommend it, but I have seen it. Use whatever you use for deer, keep them sharp, shoot straight and you’ll do very well.

02-May-24
Slick Trick 125 grain.

02-May-24

Keepitreal's embedded Photo
Keepitreal's embedded Photo
I used an RMS gear (Rocky mountain specialty gear) cutthroat 250 grain out of a 68# longbow @ 17 yards. High lung, went 40 yds and tipped over. You can watch it on YouTube.com/@TopHandTripods Enjoy!

03-May-24
"carcus, what target do you use for the Exodus heads? And how would you compare the Exodus to Slick tricks?" I use a old foam bear target, I also hunt with the swept and practice with the full blade or a muzzy 3 blade. I found that he exodus swept fly better than slick tricks

03-May-24
These posts demonstrate Several facts. Moose are relatively easy to kill if hit correctly. And any well designed BH will kill them. Buy what you can get to fly well.

03-May-24
Jamin nice bow . Keep the LB , Never sell it . Besides it would be hard to find a Nephilim that could consistantly hold 68#'s . lol . Super nice Bull , congrats ! .....

03-May-24
Yeah if you noticed in the video how shaky it was at full draw. The camera phone was strapped to my head and I didn't have the optical image stabilization on. But also didn't know that the flashlight was on. Lol! So it was a moose in the headlights. As for the LB I capitalized on the decision of the previous owner who bought a new custom pronghorn from Herb. The bow I used is about 40 years old. Still works like a charm. Imagine that. And thanks for the props but I would never consider myself to be a Nephilim. Besides how evil they were and how they're existence came to be. It really doesn't take a giant to shoot a longbow. And it doesn't take a 68# to kill a moose . I likely would have had the same results with the 55# limbs. It just may not have stuck thru the opposite rib as far.

I've seen folks shoot moose with rifles too. The smallest was a .243 and 115 gr bullet. The largest was a .338-.378 wby mag. Both achieved the same results in a dead moose at about the same distance. Just gotta pop the balloons. If you don't they will likely live on unless it's in the guts. Still tough critters that deserve the same respect as any other. Let's just not make them equal with a human life. Or a Nephilim ;)

03-May-24

Vaquero 45's embedded Photo
Vaquero 45's embedded Photo
Amen to that Jamin , anyway in the past my go too broadhead for the most part has been a vintage STEELFORCE 210 grn screw on or Grizzly 200 glue on's always been a LB/ Recurve guy .

03-May-24
First one with a razorbak 4, second with a 145 ribtik

• Sitka Gear