smarba 18-Dec-23
c3 18-Dec-23
WapitiBob 18-Dec-23
x-man 18-Dec-23
midwest 18-Dec-23
17-Dec-23
Do You use a tied nocking point inside the d loop to reduce nick pinch. If so :

what material do you use ?

and do you use BOTH above and below nock inside OR only above or below. ?

17-Dec-23
Only below

17-Dec-23

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
I put soft nocks above and below. Helps with pinch but also makes it easy to get exact nock point when you put on a new d-loop in the future.

YouTube is my friend. Lots of “how to’s”

17-Dec-23
Same as Charlie.

17-Dec-23
Negative…

17-Dec-23
I use dental floss soft nocks top and bottom, then tie my d-loop knots above and below those. It helps with pinch and prevents the d-loop knots from sliding together.

Matt

17-Dec-23
3D serving material for my nocking points

17-Dec-23

Blood's embedded Photo
Blood's embedded Photo
Yup. 3D. Above and below. I feel it makes everything more consistent and much easier to replace/work on.

17-Dec-23
One below to put a slight downward pressure on the arrow.

17-Dec-23
Same as Charlie and Blood.

17-Dec-23
Same as Charlie.

I tie mine per the “ Nock On” video Bou.

Super easy and replacing a D loop location is a breeze.

17-Dec-23
Thanks guys

18-Dec-23
Above and below for me. I don't take any chances on loops so it definitely makes it easier to get them in the same spot. I have had a roll of serving material for 20 years. Label fell off so don't know what it is any more. Some BCY material I believe.

18-Dec-23
Starfire states what Randy Ulmer recommends...that's good enough for me. Randy, that is LOL

Randy says it puts slight downward pressure on arrow holds on rest, plus it "forces" the initial flex of the arrow to be in the same consistent direction.

18-Dec-23
I'm also of the Randy Ulmer and others who only put one below the nock.

The secondary reason for this is to get the hook of the release exactly in line with the arrow. If you don't use one or one above and below your release always pulls from slightly above the nock.

Cheers, Pete

18-Dec-23
only below

18-Dec-23
The following are the only physical reasons for a tied knot(s) inside the D-Loop.

You're still shooting old single cam technology and need a knot below the nock for extra down-pressure.... You're using a TM or spring-steel launcher rest and need that same down-pressure.... You're using small/short nocks and don't want the D-Loop knots hitting the back of the nock bushing (equal knots above and below unless downward pressure is needed)....

By the time I need a new D-Loop, it's very obvious where the old one was tied. There's no need for reference knots. Keep that apex of pull as small as possible.

18-Dec-23
Knots above and below using 3D serving with about a half mm space. Followed John Dudley's instructions and just never changed.

• Sitka Gear