Timex? 25-Dec-23
Candor 25-Dec-23
Timex? 26-Dec-23
Candor 26-Dec-23
DanaC 26-Dec-23
Candor 26-Dec-23
Highlife 26-Dec-23
24-Dec-23
Actually a couple of questions. I bought one a couple of years ago. It is a mesh seat hang-on. I was trying to remember why it has the oversize (extra long) on the cable connection to the seat upright, so I started googling the stand and found out that the company went out of business. Some dude posted on Archerytalk a kind of cryptic message that he put them out of business via a lawsuit for using bad components/steel in their stands. But it is not one of those posts that you want to take at face value but does pique your interest. So I found that a couple of their model stands had been recalled.

Any of yall have any experience with the x-stand falcon? Mine has been unused in my garage and debating on tossing it depending on the feedback on their stand quality.

24-Dec-23
Can't you just asses the quality/ safety yourself.

I'd hang it on a tree 1" off the ground, stand on it on the outer edge, give it a few good solid bounces , inspect the cable crimps for slippage etc.

Good quality hardware or white metal junk.

Welds burnt into the metal or laying on top of metal

The attachment system ???

24-Dec-23
The only thing I found was 2 climber models recalled from 2017-18. Hope no others, I still have 2 hang-ons and love them. I have had no issues with mine and use them a lot. I will be following though. Can’t remember name of ones I have, but they use the easy hang bracket.

24-Dec-23
No, Timex, I do not believe that is reliable. They could still look fine and then have a failure later depending on if it is corrosion driven or the mechanism/weakness.

25-Dec-23
Candor.........

So your saying your gonna trust a complete strangers evaluation of a product, over your own evaluation of the product you have in your hands.

I could understand if your question was before making the purchase

You & me, sir ......are most definitely ,,,not the same...

25-Dec-23
Timex- if someone that regularly posts credible feedback on here told me they had a problem with the stand I assuredly would value that input.

I’ll be glad to belittle you separately if that would help your analysis of my analysis.

26-Dec-23
Candor ......... Not my intent to belittle anyone.......I'm just an old school country boy that trusts my own judgment is all.

Heck I survived the old flat blade baker climber days !!! If ykyk...

Iv got a few hang ons that are 30+ years old. Before I use them I strap them to a tree and jump my fat ass up & down on the end of them like a diving board a few times then visually inspect the bolts, welds, cables & crimps .......

It's either good or it isn't ....and I know this via my own personal inspection,,,, not someone's opinion on the internet.

Not trying to be rude brother,,,,,,I just can't comprehend you having something in your hands & not being able to asses the quality / safety for yourself.

26-Dec-23
I get it.

I do not have the ability to analyze whether the steel used in the stand is deficient steel. And that was one of the comments I had read elsewhere. But that comment was not stand model specific. And, as indicated above the two stands that were recalled by the company or not hang on stands, but climbing stands.

I have already looked at the stand and do not see anything visibly wrong with it and it did hold up to my hanging on a tree to test it. But I have also spent enough time with weld inspectors to know that I don’t see what they see. I can see it after they pointed out, but there are some things about welds beyond my knowledge.

I also don’t believe that hanging in a stand for five minutes is a comparable analysis to Hunting) out of one for several years.

If someone on here posted that they had some problems with one that for sure would trump my own analysis of it. I think I would be foolish to not consider the opinion of someone on here that has much experience hunting and had an issue with one of these stands.

I think what you’re looking for is for me to say that if two people I don’t know on here say the stand worked great that would resolve my concern. It would certainly be a data point, but would not assuage my concern.. If I have messed with it, found no issue, and a handful of other people say they have hunted with these for a few years with no issues good.

It would also certainly help my analysis If one or two people said they had seen some issues with the steel or the cables.

I’m extremely careful before I put a stand out for a period of months. Especially one that someone else may be sitting in.

I like data and information, sources, and trust myself to filter out the quality of those sources.

26-Dec-23
Might not be the steel, could be a design issue. Dimensions of material used not adequate for the work load? Insufficient margin of safety?

26-Dec-23
Agreed. Lots of ways failure can occur. The treestand business would be a tough business to be in.... Between the lawyers, manufacturing issues and thin margins it seems tough to think that is much of a draw.

26-Dec-23
Send me the stand I'll test here

• Sitka Gear