spike78 23-Feb-24
DanaC 23-Feb-24
jjs 24-Feb-24
grizzly 25-Feb-24
Medicinemann 25-Feb-24
grizzly 25-Feb-24
06-Jan-24

Zbone's Link
https://apnews.com/article/nra-national-rifle-association-wayne-lapierre-resigns-a7cfcd45fc5406c86f186f403da83849

06-Jan-24
Good riddance

06-Jan-24
^^ Amen

06-Jan-24
No loss, time to make positive improvements.

06-Jan-24
Adios!

06-Jan-24
So, the attorney general of New York. We’ve never seen that before. I get most of you don’t like him. But, this has huge implications. I’d be careful wishing him gone. Quilty or not doesn’t matter. It’s because he was the head of the NRA is why he’s being prosecuted.

I’m not arguing his innocence or quilt. I’m saying he’s on trial for other reasons. And, if it’s ok for him it’ll be ok for the next guy who defends the NRA.

06-Jan-24
It seams to be the norm in most cases that ceo's of non profits just can't resist........

06-Jan-24
WV, If he wasn’t going to be shredded due to his appropriation of organization resources he would have never resigned. He gave them more than enough ammo to discredit himself, and by extension, the NRA. Knowing the media and the blue state AG’s will be gunning for anyone in his position he should have been beyond reproach. He wasn’t, he got greedy and wanted to live like Jamie Dimond. I also cast blame on the NRA board for allowing this behavior to flourish. I hope they clean house and focus on their mission again.

06-Jan-24
So you’re saying no retirement party presentation of a platinum barrel gold AK with diamond engraving “SAVIOR of 2nd AMENDMENT”

06-Jan-24
Tom Selleck? Ted Nugent?

06-Jan-24
WV, you make a good point, but he has been accused of very inappropriate spending of the money belonging the NRA. It’s time to clean up our own house (the NRA). The member contributions have fallen off a cliff cause people including me are tired of spending money to support his lavish life style. I know numerous people including me that have not given money to the NRA in years and won’t until he is gone. BTW, Im a Patron member of the NRA and have given quite a bit to the NRA but zero the past 5-8 years.

06-Jan-24
I was never a fan, to me, a pontificating blowhard. I have been a Life Member for 37 years, from the day that I turned 18. The countless letters I wrote all went unanswered. From their change of neutrality on the crossbow, to their pro-crossbow in archery season stance, and more importantly, their lack of involvement in NYS politics. With over 6 million firearms owners in NYS, they did not take the opportunity to get any of us in unison to rid Albany of the leadership. I am sounding like a broken record here, but when Rob Astorino went up against Andrew Cuomo for the seat of Governor, they were no where to be found. Cuomo received 1.6 million votes, Astorino received 1.2 million votes. Imagine if they rallied the troops, and only HALF of the firearms owners voted!!!! It would have sent shock waves across the country. But the NRA, NYSRPA, and SCOPE all dropped the ball, and continue to do so. Au Revoir La Pierre

06-Jan-24
Better late than never. I hope the NRA doesn't squander this opportunity to right the ship like they have before. Letita's political prosecutions are no better than Wayne's abuse of his position. I hope they both fade away with tarnished reputations.

06-Jan-24
I hope the organization will rule that going forward, the office of executive vice president is subject to term limits. Pretty obvious he answered to no one.

06-Jan-24
Glad to see he is gone. Now I may renew my membership!!

06-Jan-24
Verry good news.

06-Jan-24
I joined about 5 yrs ago when they did that big push, 600.00 for Life Membership... ever since they ask for more money and get some cheap pocket knife or cheesy duffel bag... time will tell. scentman

06-Jan-24

BowSniper's Link
It's a positive thing for a guy to get busted stealing corporate money, especially non-profit membership donations.

Also, it would be nice for investigators to go over every action and expense Leticia James ever made to see if she can stand up to the same scrutiny!

Baltimore had an overly aggressive left wing AG who turned on the cops, and we eventually discovered she was using fraud to leverage covid policies to buy a vacation home. Recently convicted of perjury!!

06-Jan-24
@4Nolz-Tom Sellek is preoccupied selling reverse mortgages lol don’t know if he’ll have time for the job.

06-Jan-24
I don’t care how legitimate and beneficial the scope of the NRA and other programs like them are. Corruption of organizations that rely on public donations and memberships, is no different than the corruption within our current government. It’s par for the course and most people within it are either a part of it, or afraid to expose it. This why I’m leery of donating to certain groups. And I never have, and never will donate directly to any politician.

Wounded Warrior Project went through the same thing back in 2016. It’s certainly a bubble burster to find out you funded some fat cat to enjoy his life, while a veteran suffers from the wounds he received while serving our country.

06-Jan-24
@4Nolz-Tom Sellek is preoccupied selling reverse mortgages lol don’t know if he’ll have time for the job.

06-Jan-24
All I can say is, listening to NPR Wednesday morning, the “journalist” and host were absolutely giddy about this and what they see as the declining influence of the NRA. WLP is a POS.

06-Jan-24
Agree WLP is a pos. But listening to NPR, c’mon man.

06-Jan-24
Well, radio sux, station personalities do nothing but talk, no music. Pandora and Spotify playlists need updated…so yeah NPR.

06-Jan-24
I'm a lifer, Nugent is too radical, my vote is for Tom Selleck...

06-Jan-24
I might rejoin the NRA now.

06-Jan-24
Have been telling them for years this life member will contribute when the LaPierrie FAMILY is gone, maybe they started to listen.

06-Jan-24
Zbone........ Nugent is my hero as a rocker, imo, stranglehold is amongst the greatest rock tunes of all time..... Spokesman for the nra, probably not a good idea.

I agree

06-Jan-24
I think you need radical to fight radical, and that's what the anti gun leftist mob and the press have become. Nugent would give it to them hot and heavy. Like Trump......beholden to nobody.

06-Jan-24
I left a long long time ago. NRA was a ponzi scheme, really too bad... Yeah though I would trust Nugent over any of them other "suits"

06-Jan-24
If convicted I hope he has to make some kind of payment back to the NRA. My gun club forces me to join the NRA when there is better groups out there. I hope this makes a real difference in their integrity.

06-Jan-24
Selleck has abuse issues. Not sure they need a celebrity. Look for a leader with administrative experience.

06-Jan-24
Administrative experience’s a••!!! Get someone with bulletproof Leadership experience. Administrative experience/business degree = used car salesman.

06-Jan-24
Gerald McCraney

06-Jan-24
Celebrities are usually named as President. (Charlton Heston etc.) LaPierre was 'Executive Vice President.'

06-Jan-24
Please elaborate Glunker.

06-Jan-24

Timex?'s embedded Photo
Enough said
Timex?'s embedded Photo
Enough said

06-Jan-24
Selleck and Nugent both resigned as board members a year or so ago, don’t think they are interested.

Pat nailed it in both posts. i’m a lifer, but I stopped giving them money years ago. I won’t start back either, I’m concentrating on GOA and the Second Amendment Foundation.

06-Jan-24
I've been a life member for 35 years. A few years ago the NRA started sending me flyers in the mail offering a deal on annual membership fees. And it was addressed to my name......not to "occupant". Pretty insulting for a "Life Member" to learn that the organization doesn't know it......nor appreciate it.

07-Jan-24
"Selleck has abuse issues"

Yeah Glunker, please elaborate...

07-Jan-24
Ridiculous at how much CEO's are paid. Thorn in everyone's side really and bigger crybabies than the kid who doesn't want to work...

07-Jan-24
Second Amendment Foundation is a GREAT alternative.

07-Jan-24
Hey, what about Donald Trump Jr...8^)

For real, I think he'd be a great spokesman, he sure knows how the political system works...

LaPierre wasn't even a hunter or a gun enthusiast when he got the job, he was a lobbyist...

07-Jan-24
Why not get Hunter Biden? He knows something about bad gun laws ;-)

07-Jan-24
John Voight would be a good NRA president......if he's not too old.

07-Jan-24
Timex and that is the reason I don’t donate. It is rediculous they make that much money

07-Jan-24
I like John Voight and his conservative views but don't know if he is a NRA member or even gun advocate, can anybody enlighten us...

07-Jan-24
It's bad when anyone stays in a position too long. It breeds self entitlement. Just look at congress.

George Washington famously said at the end of 2 terms as president " You've got to know when to leave"

That was before term limits for president instituted.

07-Jan-24

I might've spoken too soon about Voight. The 2A doesn't mention testing and schooling as a requirement of gun ownership.

MAGA hero, actor Jon Voigt, goes off the rails on them after the Uvalde school shooting: “There should be proper qualifications for gun ownership. Proper testing. One should only own a gun if they’re qualified and schooled.”

08-Jan-24
Been a member for 51 years. I would not renew my membership. Ted Nugent is a violator. He hunts in fenced in areas. Yes if it is Tom Selleck running it, I would renew.

08-Jan-24
I might be wrong but I don’t recall ever hearing from the NRA when my state wanted to pass a gun law. GOAL was always active though.

08-Jan-24
About the only time I even hear anything about the nra these days is the rare occasion I'm in a waiting room & there just happens to be some kind of hunting or shooting magazine in the reading material rack.

Not saying there isn't representation out there, just saying, I sure don't see it.

08-Jan-24
Yeah I kinda agree you don't hear much about them anymore, but thank goodness they quit sending continuous junk mail always requesting money... Their downfall started with them condoning xbows during bowseason... Being an organization "for the people" they should of had their fingers on the pulse of bowhumters and the controversy it would bring...

08-Jan-24
What part of this is confusing to you guys. The NRA isn’t cleaning house. It’s the district attorney of New York doing it. The NRA didn’t see fit to make him resign.

Are you guys missing those tidbits of info?

08-Jan-24
Wv.....I'm in va.....about the last time I heard anything from the nra, was a few years back during the fiasco at the capital in Charlottesville,,,,,where the radical right natzi crowd took center stage. It subsequently led to one of Mr Trumps finer open mouth & insert foot moments.

It certainly seems to me that we have become a nation of extremes with very little common sense to be found in the middle.

08-Jan-24
Times, that’s great you feel that way. That’s not the point. The point is most on this thread are celebrating that the district attorney of New York is doing the dirty work for the NRA. Because the NRA wouldn’t do it for themselves. And, we are applauding that.

What’s going to happen next time? What if the guy getting sued next time actually is doing what he’s supposed to? We going to set back and cheer about it?

Once this door is open, it’s open to all. That’s not cheer worthy. That’s cringe worthy. And, while it may serve the purpose this time, it’s going to be the purpose next time.

08-Jan-24
“It certainly seems to me that we have become a nation of extremes with very little common sense to be found in the middle.”

Not true. Middle of the road common sense is still a valid thing. The left wing media makes it look like extremes, and ignores the common sense and facts. They’re infiltrating the hunting community as planned. Just look at a few opinions here! Don’t fall for it.

08-Jan-24
70lbdraw......

I certainly hope the upcoming election proves what your saying to be true.

08-Jan-24
" The NRA didn’t see fit to make him resign."

Not sure they *can* - since before LaPierre was even hired that office essentially runs the whole shebang. Accountability zero.

08-Jan-24
^^ And it would be interesting to ask Nugent *why* he resigned.

08-Jan-24
The NRA board was too weak to oust LaPierre. The NRA lost it's way with LaPierre at the helm. He needed to be gone years ago. I hope they( new leadership) can "right the ship" and make the organization relevant for the 2A and it's members again but it'll likely take some time. Fingers crossed!

08-Jan-24
Never thought I would not be an NRA member but after watching Ol Wayne on tv hunting all over the world on my membership fees and the non stop phone calls asking for more money I pulled the plug on them around 2003-4. The final straw was I was working out of town and this NRA phone caller kept calling my house….before everyone had a cell phone…. my wife got tired of the calls and told the guy to stop calling, he told he that she couldn’t make that request only I could and he called again the next night. That was the end of my membership.

08-Jan-24
Not a big supporter of Non-Profit organizations that are at the National Level. To much of the donated money goes to the pockets of the employees. Salaries on non profits should have a cap on what they can earn. By the way the Salvation Army has highest percentage of your donation going to the caused.

08-Jan-24
One thing is for sure, with no NRA, we wouldn’t have the 2nd amendment.

The history of gun laws has shown the federal government to be so small in opposition to our 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Yes, there is always going to be opposition to the 2nd amendment by some occupying the branches of government. But, as to current, the entire government has done very little to oppose citizens rights of owning firearms.

I wander why? I’m going to say that every politician alive is afraid of alienating so many citizens. And, part of that is due to the pester tactics of the NRA. There’s no arguing that. What I wander about those complaining about constant fund raising is, do they realize their freedoms on a federal level, has been infringed so slight in comparison to local municipalities and state government.

Your reasoning on the NRA not being the best bang for your buck is entirely correct on where to best put money meant to support the 2nd Amendment. Whether meant that way or not. However, if we let the NRA die, our second amendment will die following quickly behind the NRA’s demise. Don’t forget that fellas.

08-Jan-24
"However, if we let the NRA die, our second amendment will die following quickly behind the NRA’s demise."

I believe that statement is absolutely true. For all it's faults, the NRA has stood in the face of anti 2A politicians many times. If the NRA dies, the leftist radicals will smell blood in the water. We will need a strong pro 2A president if and when that happens.

09-Jan-24

09-Jan-24
2x ^^^ WV Mountaineer above...

Rather than wanting to know why Nugent resigned from the board I'd like to know why Sellek did... Although I never watched Blue Bloods or whatever it's was called, seen on the internet heard he retired or whatever, maybe now he'll have some time to reestablish in the NRA... (fingers crossed)

10-Jan-24
The NRA has done a lot of good and was a yearly member for many years and then became a Life Member. I wasn't happy with the leadership but no other organization drives the libs crazier than the NRA so I always stay a member. Glad to see Wayne has stepped down and hopefully they clean house.

10-Jan-24
Get rid of the ENTIRE family, wife and kids are making millions of our dues.

10-Jan-24
This whole world is nothing but people in suits taking money from the common folk. Smoke and mirrors nothing more.

11-Jan-24
NRA doesn't own the 2nd Amendment, their position on crossbows in handheld equipment archery season was the main reason I quit being a member.

12-Jan-24
I left when they supported the corrupt Jerry Costello crossgun legislation in Illinois. Their mission is supposed to be protecting the 2nd amendment, NOT adversely managing deer herds!

12-Jan-24
Wv......

Perhaps I'm naive. I just dont ever see the citizens of this country voluntarily surrendering their guns to the government.........

Could you just imagine the national guard pulling into Mingo County WV and telling them hillbillies to surrender their guns or else.

A poop show of epic proportions would be inevitable.

15-Jan-24
Only Non-Profit I donate to is our local animal shelter and the Salvation Army. At least there I know my money is being spent on the cause.

27-Jan-24

Medicinemann's Link
What a crook....

27-Jan-24
I agree. But, we aren’t supposed to wander what the results would be. The NRA has done a fine job ensuring we don’t have too.

27-Jan-24
Bastard...

27-Jan-24
Hey, what about Donald Trump Jr...8^)

I like that

27-Jan-24
Start a class action law suit... I want my 600.00 back, you sumbiatch! Tom Selick has my vote!

27-Jan-24
Embezzlement? Tax evasion?

What a crook.

The worst part, the NRA supported crossbows in archery season under his leadership.

Get a rope!!!!

30-Jan-24
Media its great! Done a great job tearing us apart. Look at all the amish gun toting jebs and zebs. They own guns nobody picks them apart, oh thats right they dont have media, but they have a agenda.?

01-Feb-24
If Trump Jr. would get it, I'd buy a lifetime membership.

04-Feb-24
Recently watched a clip of Trump Jr. slapping down those wenches on the "View" over gun control, it was great... Aside from maybe just a regular membership does anybody know if has any kind of official compacity with the NRA?

05-Feb-24
I stopped with the NRA years ago due to non stop calls for money. Glad I did now. GOAL does way more for gun rights.

05-Feb-24
"Been a member for 51 years. I would not renew my membership. Ted Nugent is a violator. He hunts in fenced in areas. Yes if it is Tom Selleck running it, I would renew."

Joining for a personality is childish and counterproductive, rather, consider the principals involved and support them. That is what is meant by the organization representing something good for all gun owners.

05-Feb-24
I am with Wild Bill.

05-Feb-24
NRA has lost $64 million over the last 3 years??? How could that happen? Sending out mail? Sheesh.

05-Feb-24
APauls, Do we have your "say so" on that?

05-Feb-24

DanaC's Link

05-Feb-24
Just received this email:

"You're Invited to an NRA Political Update Meeting in Canton... Make plans now to join NRA-ILA staff for an important NRA Political Update Meeting at the Holiday Inn Canton on Monday, February 26th 2024, at 7 p.m.! This is an excellent opportunity to meet your Ohio NRA staff and get up to date on the following: State and Federal legislation and our plans for this year's elections"

I think I am going to go...

23-Feb-24
And guilty although I doubt he will be paying the money back.

23-Feb-24
Shocked, shocked to discover that fancy suits didn't stop Congress from passing stupid laws.

24-Feb-24
Got a real problem with the NRA since they lobbied the Wi. St. Reps. into passing the x-bow hunting season correlated with the regular bow season.

I got a several from the NRA shortly after this about contributing money and I told the rep I was done because of the NRA crossing the line from gun hunting to bow hunting which are completely different, the rep agreed that the lane should not have been cross but it was the big boys and out side business that pushed hard.

Majority of Wi. bowhunters were not for the x-bow inclusion but for some reason the Republicans reps were for it and 1 DNC lady was against it, the rest is history and it is a FUBAR.

Mn. just went inclusive this last hunting season with the x-gun also, the head DNR lady wanted the gun hunters be more involved in bow season. My wife always told me not to hang on something to tight for which you like/enjoy because it will be taken away every time, true.

Will be interesting when it invades the western states and it will with the 'inclusive' to be the main driving force; the Big Tent will get bigger and some will get kick out. Enjoy the hunt.

25-Feb-24
Someone should ask Mrs. Noem if she would take the job.

25-Feb-24
So far, LaPierre has paid back about $1,000,000.00......only $4,400,000.00 to go. Even that is not enough for the damage that he caused.

25-Feb-24
I read somewhere that someone else is actually running the organization and its direction. I do not remember the source but they were pointing fingers at a law firm in Texas? that was really controlling things. At any rate, I am no longer a member and looking for a different group.

• Sitka Gear