Site is live for Elite members. https://www.onxmaps.com/hunt/research-tools

23-Jan-24
Is this only on the computer??

23-Jan-24
Sure is cumbersome to use.

23-Jan-24
yes, pc based

23-Jan-24
I’ll never switch from onx at this point just cause I’m too far gone on my waypoints collected….

I can say the free login for huntreminder.com with an onx membership has been a savior for me the last year or two. Applying yourself is easy, remembering all the different draws over a 6 month period however is not easy lol.

23-Jan-24
Make sure you are uploading you waypoints somewhere to save them. Plus, then you can download them to GE or another app.

23-Jan-24
gaia is so much better and cheaper

23-Jan-24

WapitiBob's embedded Photo
way better

23-Jan-24

23-Jan-24
My gaia images are much clearer than that. Also they have many more layers and features that OnX doesn't. Plus you get all 50 states for under 40 dollars a year. There offline maps also work better than OnX. Funny you change your tune about Gaia when you seem to like it on other forums.

23-Jan-24
Onx is worth the price difference from Gaia to me personally. I tried Gaia and didn’t like it (maybe cause I was already used to onx). To me this argument reminds me of android vs Apple discussions.

23-Jan-24
Gaia now $60. OnX with coupon $70. Not much cheaper.

23-Jan-24
Gaia is still 40 with a code

23-Jan-24
Gaia is a fine product, you said it was "much better". I've used all of them; Onx has better imagery in every state I hunt, the offline maps work flawlessly on my iphone, and it has every layer I want/need. Gaia has redundant sat and topo layers which is nothing but marketing as most of them are poor. When people ask for opinions on mapping and don't want to use onx, I always suggest gaia. The one current benefit to gaia is the ability to hack google earth imagery into the available layers. Also, If they had adopted the ability to import geo referenced pdf's, which I discussed with the previous owner years ago, it would be worth a 2nd look. But, until they or one of the others improve their product, onX will always be a better choice for me and everybody I know. Cost is a non issue.

23-Jan-24
I use both. Switched to Gaia so I could have multiple states and I think it has everything I need. However, OnX is easier for me to use. Again, part of it is because I know OnX better. The one thing I wish OnX would do, however, is give an actual bearing instead of N or NNW. When I hit "go to" a waypoint, I want to know the distance and actual bearing. I.e. 1.27 miles at a bearing of 127.

The other thing I would want is it to synch with my Garmin watch, but since they are competitors in some ways, I doubt that will happen.

23-Jan-24
I tried Gaia once- hated it. I just didn't find it very intuitive and struggled to use it effectively. If I would have dug in and tried to learn it better, I'm sure I could have and would have liked it. But... OnX is just way easier and overall, a good product IMO.

23-Jan-24
The google earth hack is worth its weight in gold

23-Jan-24
What is the Gaia coupon code? I've never seen one. I just got an email today that mine renews in 2 weeks. Thinking about canceling since it is just back up now. I use Onx 99% time.

24-Jan-24
Anyone using Spartan Forge? I find it annoying that some of the OnX advanced features require a computer, I tend to scout/explore on the spot.

24-Jan-24
Looks like they dropped Top Rut Tool also when the tools part started. I played with it last night and is was a little hard to navigate but its early yet.

25-Jan-24
no change to toprut, i was just there

25-Jan-24
Are you saying you were able to access Top Rut thru your OnX. I was just on OnX and could not find the link.

25-Jan-24
I have separate tabs for onx and toprut.

26-Jan-24
Just put "toprut login with OnX" in your search bar.

26-Jan-24
Thanks. Yea once I went to Top Rut I was able to log in

• Sitka Gear