Blood 23-Jan-24
bowhunt 23-Jan-24
JB 23-Jan-24
12yards 24-Jan-24
Pat Lefemine 24-Jan-24
W 24-Jan-24
BoilerRoom 26-Jan-24
23-Jan-24
Anyone have input on the newer slick tricks after the company changed hands a few years back? Is the quality still there?

23-Jan-24
I bought a couple 4 packs of Viper Tricks the other day. The fit up was great, only one issue. Three of the ferrules were Vipers, the other was a standard. Called them up and they’re mailing out a new ferrule. Anyone need a 125 Standard ferrule?

23-Jan-24
Quality yes, quality control no, if that makes sense. Still a robust head with no failures or shortcomings in that regard, still fly and kill as good as the original, but once in awhile you do get a ferule that isn’t machined deep enough or something similar to that, they have sent me a new 4 pk when it occurred so customer service was good for me, can only speak of the 100 gr standard

23-Jan-24
I've never had an issue with the 125 Viper's even after they changed hands. Fly great and hit hard.

23-Jan-24
I used both the original & the new 125gr Viper Tricks... No issues with either...

23-Jan-24
Originals seemed to chip easy. Shooting into a broadhead target left the blades looking horrible.

23-Jan-24
That’s crazy JB, my experience had been the exact opposite.

I’ve shot the new and older ones before the company sold.

I’ve always been impressed how well the blades do.

I’ve killed multiple animals with the same broadhead after a quick touch up repeatedly through the years.

23-Jan-24
I’ve had zero issues with them. Old or new. 125 grain magnums. Some guys complain about the O ring not seating properly on the new ones……just tighten them down and put your arrows on a spinner. Not hard to figure it out.

The whistle of death.

23-Jan-24
I did get a pack or two 2-3 years back that seemed like they didn’t want to screw all the way into my insert .

1 or two shots into my broadhead target seemed to resolve that issue every time.

23-Jan-24
I may have gotten a bad batch because I read a lot of positive comments. I'm not a basher. Just my experience.

24-Jan-24
I bought a couple packs of 125 Mags to try this year. They had a sale going on, it was a good deal. Heads seem fine but I haven't put them on an arrow yet.

24-Jan-24
Manufacturing quality is not the same as when Gary owned the company, IMO. Unfortunately every time these great small archery manufacturers are acquired by a conglomerate, the first thing they do is cut costs. There’s three primary ways to cut costs: find cheaper labor, move manufacturing to China or Mexico, and use cheaper materials. It’s smart business, but the product suffers. It is what it is. But I shot ST for years and loved their design. But I’ve experienced issues too.

24-Jan-24
Some of my recent ones haven’t wanted to go together well.

I shot megameat this fall. Amazing performance on four deer.

26-Jan-24
Long and shott of it. Awesome designs poor blades . Most of slick Tricks broadheads are now made in china . Poor steel ! I shot my buck this year with a Raptortrick and it worked but i know of a lot of instances with snapped off blades . I feel lucky worked for me but over summer im changing to G5 deadmeats For mechaninals and grim reaper Hades for fixed blades . If i dont like Hades ill try G5 M3’ or VPA 1’1/8 single bevel . Too many good USA made broadheads to shoot Chinese Steel Junk

• Sitka Gear