Charlie Rehor 24-Jan-24
t-roy 24-Jan-24
Starfire 24-Jan-24
OTC_Bowhunter 25-Jan-24
WI Shedhead 25-Jan-24
Fran 25-Jan-24
Fran 25-Jan-24
24-Jan-24
Over the past few years, I have had good luck with making mock scrapes with vines. I would say 8 out of 10 get used often by all deer passing by. I'm wondering if adding a scent dripper would add to the drawing power of the mock scrape? I have a few mock scrapes that I used a treated post and added oak limbs along with the vine and they work, but can I make them better with scent?

24-Jan-24
If you hang a dripper, use your urine.. It's free.

Store bought, bottled scent is expensive, and doesn't last long.

24-Jan-24
I use my dripper while on stand;0)

24-Jan-24
A vine should drip on its own when cut so I’d say it’s optional.

24-Jan-24
I haven’t used any scents in a long long time, but my thoughts are that if you can get the deer to begin utilizing your mock scrapes and rubbing posts, they will leave plenty of scent and that should be enough to draw just as many deer as a dripper would.

24-Jan-24
I've switched from a scent dripper to burying my scent. It is an old technique from a friend of mine Bob McGuire who published books and videos back in the 80's. Empty a 1 oz bottle half way and put a couple of scent wicks in the top of a bottle and bury it about an inch deep it lasts about a month.

25-Jan-24
Air leak, So you pee on your boots before walking to your stand and the bucks just follow your trail to your stand?

25-Jan-24
I have switched to ropes on my scrapes and feel they work a lot lot better. Eventually the vines will rot so they’ll need replacing. Imo it’s way more important for the deers dander, saliva, and gland scent to be transferred to the rope than worrying about urine. One other note, the rope hangs heavier so it doesn’t swing in the wind as much. I’ve had vines break loose and swing setting any camera I’ve had on the scrape setting it off nonstop. Not good when your 650 miles away and can’t reset it

25-Jan-24
I cut the tethers of a deer drag and staple them to the bump stick about half way up,then soak them with preorbital scent . Every time I freshen up the scrape I reapply the scent. I get lots of action and you don’t have to worry about a dripper freezing up. Also I always piss in the scrape.

25-Jan-24
I cut the tethers of a deer drag and staple them to the bump stick about half way up,then soak them with preorbital scent . Every time I freshen up the scrape I reapply the scent. I get lots of action and you don’t have to worry about a dripper freezing up. Also I always piss in the scrape.

• Sitka Gear