Rgiesey 27-Jan-24
fuzzy 27-Jan-24
t-roy 27-Jan-24
Beav 29-Jan-24
midwest 29-Jan-24
Zbone 29-Jan-24
Bowspirit 29-Jan-24
26-Jan-24
Well, now that that the Illinois deer season is over, I would like to maybe try my hand at putting some rabbit on the skillet. Anybody have some good tips on putting an arrow into the furry little critters during the winter? Where to find them in snow covered ground, etc? thanks.

26-Jan-24
Around my place the highest density of rabbits is found up around the house and barns. Places where coyotes don't hunt as much.

26-Jan-24
I prefer to sneak around and use binoculars to find them sitting in brush or under some sort of cover. Or in grass.

Then once I’ve found them. I sneak in slowly for a shot. I prefer old CoC BHs

26-Jan-24

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo

26-Jan-24

26-Jan-24
Luv the skunk hat...

26-Jan-24
They will circle. Seeing them first has always been really hard for me. On rare occasion I have seen one take a nervous hop before bolting. Other then that I pretty have never spotted them first - maybe twice out of a 100's rabbits i have flushed. If you have snow push heavy cover with bunny tracks. They will be in thickest cover and nastiest prickers. See one or find running tracks one person follows tracks. They will never see the bunny, other waits HIDDEN at origin of tracks. Tracker can bark and howl like a dog to make it more realistic (we did that as kids for fun). Never had one not circle unless they went into a hole - which was very rare.

26-Jan-24
Evwwy one knows to kill a wabbit, you need a double bawwolled shotgun !

26-Jan-24

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo

27-Jan-24
Awesome picture and thread. Give me that much snow, and they are easy to snare. Love the hat!,

27-Jan-24
I still hunt along old 2-tracks looking under sagebrush and cedar trees.

Kinda fun coming upon winter range Muley's, Elk and Bighorn Sheep.

It's so rocky, I can go thru way too many arrows---->

Fun thread man,

Robb

27-Jan-24
A couple days ago it was snowing. I was walking down my driveway to the mail box and saw rabbit tracks. They went under a bush and didn't come out. It was easy to spot the rabbit at the base of the bush. I used to shoot them in the set with bow, sling shot and pistol. Once you learn what to look for they are easy to spot in the set. Look for the black eye. I used to have beagles and always hunted with a 22 rifle and pistol. Never shot rabbits with a shot gun and I have killed hundreds over the years. Darn good eating and great in a crock pot too.

27-Jan-24
I've never bowhunted them, but bushy/shrubby/overgrown old pasture and beaver meadow has always been a good spot to find them for me...

27-Jan-24
I miss my beagles. :-(

27-Jan-24

Rgiesey's embedded Photo
Rgiesey's embedded Photo
Rabbit hunting picture here Some good rabbit hunters here. Shot a lot of cottontails in Michigan by driving and posting along fencerows. Great to eat.

27-Jan-24
Haven't done it in years. Walk field edges quietly at dusk and dawn.

27-Jan-24

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Target rich environment in NZ last April. They were everywhere!

29-Jan-24

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
We have an annual bunny hunt with the bows. This was from a few years ago, 159 that day. This year was our 26th year and was -58 windchill.

29-Jan-24
Holy hasenpfeffer!

29-Jan-24
Dang, 159 wabbits in one day, impressive...

Heck there probably isn't 159 wabbits in my whole township...

29-Jan-24

Bowspirit 's embedded Photo
Bowspirit 's embedded Photo
I always have good luck stalking rose and berry thickets, using binoculars more than my boots on sunny days.

• Sitka Gear