Dale06 01-Feb-24
fuzzy 01-Feb-24
Mint 01-Feb-24
Live2Hunt 01-Feb-24
casekiska 01-Feb-24
Bent arrow 01-Feb-24
huntr4477 02-Feb-24
28-Jan-24
Anyone here still shooting, hunting, and killing with the OG heads? Zwickey, Bear Razorheads, Hill Heads, etc? I've started using the G5 Montecs quite a bit but I still love my Zwickey Deltas. I've killed a lot of critters with em

28-Jan-24
I have a pile of them I use for small game.

28-Jan-24
Just curious why you relegate them to small game?

28-Jan-24
yep…still using some vintage bear razor heads. not the best head out there but I like shooting them.

28-Jan-24
The points bend over on the cheaper steel, Zwickey, bears etc.

Nothing wrong with them and they have killed a lot of game but I can afford better steel so I use Iron Will

28-Jan-24
zwickey eskimo user here.

28-Jan-24
Zwickeys and Bear heads for the last 50 plus years. Got enough I’ll never have to buy another Broadhead.

28-Jan-24
Still using Zwickey's, the sun never sets on them.

28-Jan-24
I have some older Magnus heads I use with my recurve. I also have several of the old Razorback 125’s still new in the box. My first deer kill was with a Razorback and I’ve considered getting that old bow out and using my old gear one season.

28-Jan-24

Timex?'s embedded Photo
Timex?'s embedded Photo
Timex?'s embedded Photo
With a long aluminum adapter these are roughly 150 grain. And have killed a lot of critters for me.
Timex?'s embedded Photo
With a long aluminum adapter these are roughly 150 grain. And have killed a lot of critters for me.
Been using abowyer bonehead since 2005. Only exception is in rocky areas or hunting on the marsh edge where there's a good possibility of the much more expensive abowyer hitting rock or getting lost in marsh grass I'll shoot zwicky no mercy or delta really doesn't matter

28-Jan-24
Zwickey, Grizzly, Hunters Heads, never saw a reason for anything else.

28-Jan-24
Zwickey here, for 55 years. Used a few Bear too.

28-Jan-24
Zwickey Delta or No Mercy. I've been using them for many years and have never managed to bend one or curl a tip.

28-Jan-24

Supernaut's embedded Photo
Ace Standards this past season.

28-Jan-24

Ace Standard

28-Jan-24

Ace Standards.

No worries.

28-Jan-24

Ace Standards, no worries.

28-Jan-24
always used bear broadheads on cedar arrows, switched to stingers on aluminum and now legacy carbon. All perfectly capable and effective, Just better flight out of my recurve with carbon and stingers...Still have a big box of bear broadheads for squirrels and rabbits.

28-Jan-24
Sorry for the double post.

28-Jan-24
Started using the old Bear Razorheads back in 1969 and when I hunt with my recurve today, still use them. I probably still have about 3 dozen left.

28-Jan-24

Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo
Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo
these two have always worked well for me...

unless i start hitting rocks...i should have enough to last as long as i do.

28-Jan-24
I quit shooting Bear Super Razor heads around the turn of the century.

28-Jan-24
Thanks guys! BTW Altitude Sickness I'm not debating you just curious. May give the Iron Will a try.

29-Jan-24
Mowoc Dot 3 blade from 1960

29-Jan-24
I mostly shoot old 145g 3 blade snuffers, Bear Razorheads, Zwickey Delta, or Grizzly in that order for my recurve bow. In my compound days was NAP Thunderheads.

29-Jan-24
Shot my biggest black bear to date with a Zwickey 4-blade Eskimo last spring. Built some heavy Easton Axis FMJ 250 spine 5mm arrows last spring (for buffalo) and put them to the test out of my 65# compound. Perfect flight, great accuracy and a dead spot and stalk bear.

The Zwickey heads were probably purchased 30 years ago, but still work as well as any other 4 blade head in my experience...got them razor sharp on the old sharpening system I used to make and sell.

29-Jan-24
What is meant by "OG heads"? Cut on contact heads?

All of mine are cut on contact heads, Snuffers, VPA and Woodsmans... I still have a few 2-blades too, Magnus, Zwickeys, Stos, Bear Razorheads and recently picked up 3 Simmons Sharks... Oops, forgot to add had heard Muzzys preform well and had the chance to pick some some up and bought some 3-blade Muzzys this year but haven't shot them yet...

29-Jan-24
"Old Guy"=OG

29-Jan-24

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
I started using Rocky Mountain 3 blade Razors when they came on the market in the mid 70s. I have used some model Rocky Mountain since (45+ years now). They Sold out several years ago but I have plenty for the rest of my hunting days. Ironhead for at least 15 years now.

30-Jan-24

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
On occasion

30-Jan-24
"What is meant by "OG heads"?"

OG - Original Gangsta

30-Jan-24
Fuzzy..........if your looking to try something different.....I have a few cutthroat 175gr I think. Super tough head....I just prefer a wider cut .... I'll give em to ya.

30-Jan-24
Don't know if they qualify as old school but for the rite occasion use Grizzly 2 blade 200grn single bevel glue on's .

30-Jan-24
Timex I'll try em, thanks Vaquero yep Grizzlies fit. Puppy, woof yap.

30-Jan-24
I bought some Muzzy 4 blade 100’s the other day. That’s old school for me. They fly real nice and actually spin true unlike the ones I bought 20 years ago.

30-Jan-24
I still use Ace heads sometimes. Wasp standard also

31-Jan-24
2-blade STOS are all I use. Easy to sharpen and fly great for me.

31-Jan-24
Shaft2Long I liked the old Muzzys when I shot wheelbows

31-Jan-24
I started with thunderheads, Shot and killed fine but wanted to try something else bout ten years ago. Tried slick tricks and loved them and I liked Gary. This past year I was given 6. iron wills. The shot I took on a buck this year went thru the deer and exited thru his front leg knee socket. Came out fine. And they shoot just like field points.

31-Jan-24
Darn right Fuzzy.

I've been using a 2 blade 125g, 420 steel off Amazon;12 for $19.99

Not as sharp out of the package-true, but I've been touching up the other heads anyway. They aren't super steel...but they are as good as some of the other 3 for $40 heads and they stay sharp through a critter.

I also have to true up about 20% of them which I didn't have to do with the Magnus heads...but it's easy, and these have 2 screws instead of one in the Magnus.

If I used a short chisel head that chopped its way in, damn straight I would pay for better steel...but the tapered 2 blade design slides in- they don't dull on hair and hide.

01-Feb-24
I did a broadhead count last year and I have over 130 of various broadheads of grizzly, zwickey, deltas, bear razorheads, woodsmans, snuffers, muzzy phantoms, simmon sharks, razorcaps, palmer extreme cuts, howard hills, and stos.

01-Feb-24
Mint, you've got quite a collection! I've probably got two or three dozen Hills, Eskimos, and Deltas

01-Feb-24
But, do you have any Butterfield Brutes?

01-Feb-24
Dale06 I do not. Never heard of them. btw check my thread on Cerakote

01-Feb-24
Fuzzy, the funny thing is I had no idea i had that many since probably half of them I picked up used at shoots on the cheap like $2 a piece for 160grain grizzlys and razorcaps for a few bucks more. I've only have 6 snuffers left and I sure wish a had more. My friend probably has over two hundred different broadheads.

01-Feb-24
Zwickey's and old Bear Razorheads for me since moving back up to hunting with a recurve 8, 9 years ago.

01-Feb-24
When talking about the number of broadheads a bowhunter has or has used, consider this,....the American Broadhead Collector's Club has a list of and recognizes over 4,000 different broadheads that have been produced for use by bowhunters in the US since the late 1800s.

01-Feb-24
Still use the old satellite TNT. Got lucky and found a guy who had 4 packs of new ones. Fly great and do the job.

02-Feb-24

• Sitka Gear