sticksender 01-Feb-24
Jaquomo 01-Feb-24
Beendare 01-Feb-24
HUNT MAN 01-Feb-24
DL 02-Feb-24
31-Jan-24

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Before anyone says photoshoped I took this off a video. Amazing he could heal up after getting his skull rearranged.

31-Jan-24

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
This one is in my field regularly

31-Jan-24
Looks like he’d have a hard time eating.

01-Feb-24

Sandbrew's embedded Photo
Sandbrew's embedded Photo
Those deformed elk always make me wonder what happened to them. My buddy killed this guy a couple months after I caught him on a game camera a few miles away.

01-Feb-24

Billyvanness 's embedded Photo
Billyvanness 's embedded Photo
It happens…I found what I thought was a nice shed once, after picking it up it had 2x3 chunk of skull and hair. Makes you cringe…must have been a miserable end with flies and maggots eating into his head. This bull looks awesome from the side then he turns and his spread is probably mid to high 20’s. Still cool to see different stuff.

01-Feb-24
I've seen where it happened to both deer & elk, usually when running their first rack. They start out normal but then some kind of severe impact to that side of rack, instead of breaking the antler itself, shears off the bone platform under the pedicel right off the skull.

01-Feb-24
^^^ I once chased around a nice 6x bull that with one antler dangling, and held on just by the skin. Never got a good shot at him, but the next year I found the antler with part of the skull plate attached. I always wondered what became of him after it fell (pulled?) off.

01-Feb-24
Hunt an area like unit 9 in AZ and you see a bunch of those crazy horned elk

01-Feb-24

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Another one same drainage
Another one same drainage
We have killed a half dozen like That over the years . But 4 in the same avalanche slide.

02-Feb-24
I had one buck running back and forth 40 yds from me with a hanging antler about 36”. My brother drove upon a young bull with one antler caught in wire at a fence post. The post was a4” well casing that was imbedded in a 4’ by 18” piece concrete to anchor it as a gate steel gate anchor. As they came close to him he freaked out and ripped the well casing and concrete out of the ground and rolled it on the ground breaking his antler and pedicel and then running off with it dangling. The next year on the ranch near that spot a hunter got a 3x4 with and antler growing straight down on the same side as the one from the year before. Absolutely amazing the healing ability of animals.

• Sitka Gear