Scar Finga 02-Feb-24
Buckdeer 02-Feb-24
fuzzy 02-Feb-24
RJ Hunt 03-Feb-24
Scar Finga 03-Feb-24
fuzzy 04-Feb-24
RJ Hunt 04-Feb-24
01-Feb-24
I'm working on a bolt action rifle build and plan to have the barreled action Cerakoted. Was thinking of taking some of my old Zwickey Delta broadheads and having them done too. Has anyone ever done, or considered doing this?

01-Feb-24
I would be interested in how much they weigh before and after the cerakote.

01-Feb-24
Ceracote adds little to no weight to the item coated. Really no different than powdercoat only harder.

01-Feb-24

RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
Fuzzy. I recently did my coyote rifle in Cerakote. I used the H series on the action and the stock. Cured the stock at 160 degrees and the barreled action at 250f. You can do at home if you have the proper equipment. I don’t do outside Cerakote work but it can be done at home if you have the facilities. Rob m

01-Feb-24
Thanks for the help guys. Timex depending on where in Kentucky I may be very interested.

02-Feb-24
I'm in Illinois, so it probably won't help you much, but I also have a buddy with a small business who does cerakote on firearms. I liked the look of the cerakote on the modern style rifles, but I didn't care for it on the traditional wood stock versions. Didn't seem to add any noticeable weight on the ones I handled. I haven't had any done for myself yet.

02-Feb-24
RJ Hunt... Rob. Now you're just showing off Mr. Knife Maker / Ceracote Man! HAHAHAHHA... LOL!!

02-Feb-24
Wasn't there someone here awhile back that made a coated,breakdown brown bear gun?It was really cool.

02-Feb-24
Thanks guys! RJ Hunt I could probably scare up the facilities but not the skill. I'm in awe of your craftsmanship

03-Feb-24
Ha mark. That’s funny. And thanks fuzzy.

03-Feb-24
Rob,

You're a very talented artistic person, and a great guy, I am happy to call you friend!!

04-Feb-24
Any thoughts on Cerakoting broadheads?

04-Feb-24
I think would be cool. I debated doing mine hunter orange.

• Sitka Gear