Nyati 03-Feb-24
Lee 03-Feb-24
BULELK1 04-Feb-24
bghunter 04-Feb-24
bghunter 04-Feb-24
Nyati 05-Feb-24
midwest 05-Feb-24
03-Feb-24
I am still deciding if I want to keep playing the draw game in AZ. I only have 3 for elk and 2 for Deer.

I would only be applying for points not a tag. For the life of me I can't find if the deadline for points only is the same deadline as the Feb 6 draw for Elk.

I know someone on here will know.

03-Feb-24
Same deadline, There’s a points only option

03-Feb-24
Thanks. Now decision time. Ugh

03-Feb-24
Remember if you get points 5 years in a row you get a loyalty point.

03-Feb-24
That thought has crossed my mind. Its just a bad timing for me to justify 160 that is basically thrown out the window to apply.

I know you have to pay to play, but again just bad timing this year with some unforseen things.

03-Feb-24
Check your account to make sure your hunting license from last year isn’t still valid. If you bought it at the ‘23 elk/antelope deadline it will still be good through this year’s deadline and no need to purchase a new one. Similarly if you had to buy it during the deer app process it’s certainly still valid now and you can weigh your options later in the year when it comes time to grab a deer point.

03-Feb-24
I thought I looked and I think my lic expired.

That is part of why I might this year as then, it would get me through next year.

Thanks for the idea.

03-Feb-24
It's a high dollar lottery for most of us. Random tag is what we are trying for.

03-Feb-24
Its not the same deadline. They moved the Elk deadline up a week this year from 2/13 to February 6th. Beware.

03-Feb-24
Correct me if I’m wrong but the two year trick for a license only works if you are a one species applicant. With the staggered deadlines from now through June you will need an annual license every year to apply across the board.

03-Feb-24
If you’re going to play the points game in AZ you need a lot of luck to draw one of the random tags or don’t put in for the top tier trophy units. Point creep is for real. I’m at 21 points as a non res, that’s 19 straight years applying in AZ .

I have the loyalty point and the hunter ed point =21. When I started putting in it took 10 points at most to draw one of the units I wanted, today they are all 22 or more point units. Good luck.

03-Feb-24
It’s been a two for three Trevor, sometimes. Leap years foul it up and them moving the dates may throw a wrench in things going forward. Haven’t really studied what they’re up to currently. Historically if you start a license on the last day of elk/antelope it’ll be good for deer/sheep and still good on the last day of the following year’s elk/antelope. Then do the same in year two on the last day for deer/sheep and it covers the third year for both applications.

03-Feb-24
I drew my first Az unit 1 tag in 2008 with 12 points. Now I’ve got 17 points again and point creep has taken it from 12 points to 21. Maybe I’ll get lucky and get a random point . Point creep is real.

03-Feb-24
Been putting in since 04. Drew 3 bull tags so far and currently setting on 7 points. Ought to be close…

04-Feb-24
If you are going to do Sheep, deer ect in June, ya will need a license anyways.

Just a thought,

Robb

04-Feb-24
I am not worried about a tip tier unit, I honestly just want to shoot one nice elk and one nice mule deer and I would be done pitting in, so hoping I will be able to draw in a couple years.

04-Feb-24
I do have points in WY for both deer and elk too, but outfitter costs there seem insane compared to AZ.

05-Feb-24
Fewer NR tags in AZ lead to more competition for NR hunters equal lower prices

05-Feb-24
Outfitters aren't paying for leases in AZ.

• Sitka Gear