Nyati 12-Feb-24
TGbow 12-Feb-24
Hancock West 13-Feb-24
DanaC 13-Feb-24
scentman 13-Feb-24
SteveB 13-Feb-24
Mint 13-Feb-24
10-Feb-24
Fox News: "Trump mocks Haley by asking where her deployed husband is: 'Where is he? He's gone'"

Trump was in Conway, SC today giving a speech wherein he questioned the whereabouts of Nikki Haley's husband, seemingly mocking the fact that he is not appearing with Haley on the campaign trail. Turns out Haley's husband is in the army National Guard and currently deployed to Africa.

Trump should have known this, or kept his mouth shut. This will likely hurt him in the SC primary, although not enough to offset his huge lead here.

I hope Trump's advisers will insist that he apologize to Haley and her husband for these un-called-for, rude and hateful comments. I am a Trump supporter, but sometimes I'd like to tell him to his face, STFU!

10-Feb-24
Not the first time his mouth got him.in a bind, and won't be the last.

Where's Melania?

10-Feb-24
You're right, fdp. As I said, he won't lose the South Carolina primary because of this, but I believe the gap just tightened.

Most folks in SC won't tolerate disrespecting a soldier who is honorably serving this nation.

10-Feb-24
So I have to ask: Trump supporter or anti-Biden?

10-Feb-24
Haley is like a leech , hanging on and in hopes that trump gets convicted and his support goes down. Not a chance she’s hurting the party but certainly ruining nd shot at another run in 2028. Trump is trump and people just accept it. It simple, if you want a president who will take a stand for the people and put America first then vote for him. If you want a president who hates America then vote democrat .

10-Feb-24
"if you want a president who will take a stand for the people..."

Yeah, as long as they're not soldiers, sailors, airmen, or POW's.

And this is who you want as Commander In Chief?

10-Feb-24
Trump is putting America first so much that he's telling congress not to pass the bipartisan border deal because he wants to run on the issue.

If that's not 'America first' I don't know what is.

11-Feb-24
I’m a Trump supporter. But how does he not know that Haley’s husband is a reservist in the military. How can he be so ignorant and intelligent at the same time. I’m not a Halley supporter at all but as Commie Joe would say.

“Come on Man!!! “

11-Feb-24
"So I have to ask: Trump supporter or anti-Biden?"

Both.

11-Feb-24
not too smart on trumps part...but as is often the case...there is a little more to the story than is being reported.

it is my understanding that haleys husband voluntarily deployed after she announced her candidacy.

when trump said "Where's her husband? Oh, he's away," "What happened to her husband? Where is he? He's gone"... someone in the crowd said that he was deployed to which he responded "he knew...he knew."

again...not a very smart thing to say but i suspect he was referring to why would a man voluntarily deploy when he knew his wife was going to be running for potus.

is that not a valid question.

11-Feb-24
If it’s Trump vs Biden. Trump all day long.

But I don’t think Trump can win. For many reasons

11-Feb-24
"Trump is putting America first so much that he's telling congress not to pass the bipartisan border deal because he wants to run on the issue. If that's not 'America first' I don't know what is."

He's telling congress not to vote for the border deal because it's a bad deal. Avoiding another bad deal would be good for America.

11-Feb-24
"So I have to ask: Trump supporter or anti-Biden?"

neither and/or both.

i will be a "supporter" of whoever the republican nominee is...and i will be "anti" whoever the democrat nominee is.

11-Feb-24
Either way we’re screwed, sad this is what our choices will be. Lord I hope the vps will be young and coherent and not narcissus

11-Feb-24
If Trump could just shut up and not say another word until November he’d win hands down. He’s his own worse enemy.

11-Feb-24
Agree on most points except Trump putting America 1st. He is only about putting himself 1st.

Both choices suck.

11-Feb-24
A subtitle line from Dr. Zivago spoken by General Yevgraf Zhivago (Alec Guinness), " Happy men don't volunteer (for war). They wait their turn,and thank God if their age or work delays it.

11-Feb-24
Yep. His mouth is his only hold up. He looked like a fool when debating Biden the one shot he got. Instead of acting decent and letting Biden hang himself, he acted in the only way possible to keep him from looking like he does now.

It’s been his major detriment. I don’t understand why he doesn’t realize America likes the professional Trump. Not the child persona he reverts to He has no reason to do this. In history alone he’s the better candidate. There’s no reason to defend that by acting like a spoiled kid. Let the facts talk and he’s got no problems. Get spry and wise over things like this and he stands zero chance. Zero.

11-Feb-24
That was suppose to be "subtle". Insightful to the relationship between Haley and her spouse.

Almost like another line I've heard is that Jill Biden is more concerned about her status as first lady, than widow.

11-Feb-24
Trump will win with a margin. 90 million votes is plenty. How you going to get people in the middle hurting vote for more of the same?

Trump get elected just like he did in 2016.

11-Feb-24
If Trump gets elected, will that mean that our election system miraculously fixed itself, or will it mean the red team learned how to cheat too? Just curious.

Matt

11-Feb-24
Oh the horror!…lol! The next thing we know, trump will claim to have had a recent conversation with people that have been dead for years!?

11-Feb-24
A far bigger screw up than his stupid ad hominem attack on Haley.

BBC - "Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies who do not pay their bills"

11-Feb-24
I doubt it's an existential crisis.Hell Biden asked a guy in a wheelchair to stand up.

11-Feb-24
Yeah the BBC has no agenda....lol.

11-Feb-24
Agenda aside, DID Trump encourage aggression from Russia?

11-Feb-24

DanaC's Link
FOX - White House responds to Trump encouraging Russia to do 'whatever' they want to some NATO members: 'Unhinged'

11-Feb-24
I love how you guys think Trump is worse than Biden lol. Unreal

11-Feb-24
Agenda aside, DID Trump encourage aggression from Russia?"

no...he encouraged nato members to pay their bills.

11-Feb-24
No, he said that money was more important than standing up to Russian aggression.

11-Feb-24
The liberals have taken what trump said out of context.... again.

He stated shortly later in the speech that he knew, when a spectator shouted her husband was on deployment.

The main goal of his comment was to point out her husband voluntarily deployed, out of turn, during her campaign.

It was like saying: "Who voluntarily deploys (out of turn), while your wife is campaigning? Why isn't he by her side, supporting for the biggest moment of her life?"

11-Feb-24
A mistake for Trump to criticism a guy who is deployed. As it was for Biden to be checking his watch during the ceremony for military bodies being returned to US soil.

Truth is that the military loves Trump/GOP more than Biden/Dems. It's always been that way.

Maybe because Biden/Dems are the ones that forced experimental covid vaccines on the troops on the threat of dismissal. While Trump/GOP spent hours shaking the hand of every graduate from the Annapolis naval academy.

11-Feb-24
It's still a cheap attack on her home life instead of her positions on issues of import.

11-Feb-24
“Agenda aside, DID Trump encourage aggression from Russia?”

Good question. I seem to recall Maxine Waters encouraging aggression from her American supporters towards the Americans that don’t support her. Kind of the same thing isn’t it? Oh that’s right, it’s only a threat when trump does it! Lol!

Dana, It doesn’t help your position when the people you support are even dumber than those that you hate. Keep trying…you’ll get there eventually.

11-Feb-24
its time for the USA to stop being the planet police and pay everyones way,NATO and the UN are pathetic-they hate us and vote against us every chance they get then act like a nest of helpless baby birds with their mouths open.Kick them out of the nest or fly away.

11-Feb-24
No one took Trumps statement out of context. He made the statement intentionally, and he made as a side ways jab at Haley. And he did that for affect. He wanted to plant a seed with people full well knowing that in all likelihood 50% of them would see her husband not being there as a negative.

He knew exactly what he was doing when he did it, and making excuses for it is complete nonsense.

11-Feb-24
What people like danac don’t understand is that with every controversial thing trump says…he dominates another news cycle.

in their attempt to bring him down they only build him up.

haley only wishes she could get 1/10 of the press that trump gets.

there are a hell of a lot of people that know we are getting hosed by nato (as well as other countries) and when trump sticks his finger in their eye…controversial or not…people appreciate it…and not jut the maga base.

11-Feb-24
”He knew exactly what he was doing when he did it…”

…yet you…and the press…and everyone else suffering from tds…fall for it every time.

he plays you guys like a fiddle. lol

11-Feb-24
I don’t get it. So all along someone says “I’m voting for Trump. He’s going to bring back this great nation we live in and love”. And then he makes a comment that some feel hurts his political stance and that same voter says “nope. I’m going to vote for what we have now.”

Is that what some of you feel a voter is going to do? :)

I forgot to add that an arrow isn’t heavy if it’s going fast. And I like cut on contact single bevel broadheads.

11-Feb-24
Brings to mind a couple of quotes from the past:

Trump supporters take what Trump says Seriously but not Literally. Trump detractors take what Trump says Literally but not Seriously.

And one I think explains things particularly well:

Conservatives think Liberals are people with bad ideas. Liberals think Conservatives are Evil.

If your assessment is that Biden is just fine in both Mind and Body, no argument is going to change your mind because you're not seeing what's right in front of you. I haven't heard too many people say that Trump is perfect, just that he's better than the alternatives; and some think he's what we need right now to get things back on track.

We make our choice and we'll have to live with the results, hopefully we can all agree that an honest election is our goal. May God have mercy on our souls.

11-Feb-24
RTCG...I don't suffer from TDS. Unlike many folks here who suffer from BDS (Biden derangement syndrome) , DDS (Democrat derangement syndrome) LDS (Liberal derangement syndrome) etc. I'm just fooled by his narcissistic BS, or the narcissistic BS of other politicians regardless of political affiliation

I've been around long enough, and worked in and around government agencies long enough that I have developed my opinions based on being immersed in it.

11-Feb-24
" Dana, It doesn’t help your position when the people you support are even dumber than those that you hate. "

How is Haley dumber than Trump?

11-Feb-24
"RTCG...I don't suffer from TDS."

ok...your posts would suggest otherwise...but hey...its your story...you can tell it any way you want. :)

11-Feb-24
And the same goes for you Ricky. You obviously suffer from a number of maladies.

11-Feb-24
"And the same goes for you Ricky. You obviously suffer from a number of maladies."

i agree with you...the chief "malady" being realism. :)

11-Feb-24
That is not one you appear to be afflicted with actually.

11-Feb-24
if you like Haley vote for her in primary Dana.

11-Feb-24
I absolutely plan to.

11-Feb-24
Really Dana war monger Haley. She is sketchy and Ramaswamy nailed it describing her.

11-Feb-24
Trump is almost 80, rich, already President once and has the nomination on autopilot at the moment. Add in a big ego and that makes wishing or hoping he changes futile. He's not going to.

It was a foot-in-mouth moment. Easily avoidable mistake. Has zero impact on Trump vs Biden because Biden has them daily.

11-Feb-24
I don’t get it. So all along someone says “I’m voting for Trump. He’s going to bring back this great nation we live in and love”. And then he makes a comment that some feel hurts his political stance and that "same voter says “nope. I’m going to vote for what we have now.” Is that what some of you feel a voter is going to do? :)"

Don't misunderstand me here. I will vote for Trump every chance I get, and encourage others to also.

11-Feb-24
This ^ is what I thought. Thank you.

11-Feb-24
In general, I think most people’s minds are already made up and comments like he made re: Haley’s husband aren’t going to change anyone’s minds or opinions. This is who Trump has always been, so it’s not new or surprising. Even the people who are on the fence know that.

11-Feb-24
"In general, I think most people’s minds are already made up and comments like he made re: Haley’s husband aren’t going to change anyone’s minds or opinions"

His comments about Haley's soldier husband have disappointed some South Carolinians, but certainly not enough to significantly change the polling percentages nor the primary result.

I hope he will apologize. It'd go a long way toward retracting a stupid statement.

11-Feb-24
Trump apologize?? Don’t hold your breath sundowner.

11-Feb-24
"Trump apologize?? Don’t hold your breath sundowner."

You're probably right bigeasy. It's not in his nature.

11-Feb-24
Open mouth insert foot & repeat, over & over & over & over & over, again & again & again & again & again, etc,etc, etc, etc, etc......

If only the business man Trump, could be separated from the pampas ass big mouth Trump.......

11-Feb-24
*pompous

LOL

I think it's fact to say, anyone that supports Biden is an ass, with the same mental capacity.

11-Feb-24
Ace, I have to disagree with you, people who like to enslave other humans and kill babies ARE evil, not just people with bad ideas.

11-Feb-24
Stix.......I've got an excuse, quit school in the 9th grade.

I've voted for Trump,,,,,,but absolutely not because I wanted to.......kinda sad that the lesser of two evils is our choice, these days.

11-Feb-24
Absolutely Drycreek

11-Feb-24
Timex, Notice I said supports Biden, in otherwords present tense. Alot of folks voted for him expecting good things. But after witnessing how his policies are completely ruining the country, every American has to do whatever is necessary to get him out of office.

I'm not a Trump fan, but Biden and his party are a threat, and an enemy of the U.S.

If it comes down between Trump and Biden, the choice is pretty clear.

11-Feb-24
If only the business man Trump…

That guy’s a failure too.

The “successful” Trump is the reality TV star and self marketer. That’s why he’s always a circus.

11-Feb-24
How about scholastic Trump? You know, the guy who built a university...

LMAO

11-Feb-24
trump made about 200 million from his tv series. how does one amass multi billions more if you’re a failure in business?

11-Feb-24
He’s made his money from his inheritance, TV, and licensing his name. He’s essentially an orange Kardashian. There’s plenty of data suggesting that if he took his inheritance and invested it in an index fund he’d be worth like 2-3x what he is now.

11-Feb-24
I doubt anyone in the world is smarter than you BEG but then most of us do not have your educational level and life experiences that you have had. Priceless nonsense

11-Feb-24
Don’t take my word for it. You can hear it straight from the people who decided whether to keep him alive financially when his business empire was crumbling.

“I think bankers look at Trump as a promoter, not as a CEO. At least, that’s the way I looked at him,” Ben Berzin, who as vice president of Midlantic Bank helped negotiate Trump’s rescue, tells FRONTLINE. “And if you talk to other bankers, I think they share that opinion. He’s a wonderful promoter. He — you know, he’s the P. T. Barnum of the 21st century.”

Trump benefited from a massive bailout, and after that bailout they knew better than to give him back the keys.

12-Feb-24
“I hope he will apologize. It'd go a long way toward retracting a stupid statement.”

Yeah, cuz the lefties are so eager to forgive him! Lol! They’ll just find a way to be offended by his apology and twist it into another super-crime to pin on him.

“He’s made his money from his inheritance, TV, and licensing his name. He’s essentially an orange Kardashian.”

So, you’re saying he should be profiting off of the backs of Americans like all the lifelong politicians we have now? He isn’t suspected of bribery in the name of political power. I’m sure if he was, they’d have pointed it out long ago.

12-Feb-24
So, you’re saying he should be profiting off of the backs of Americans like all the lifelong politicians we have now?

Nope. Not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying he's done a fantastic job of promoting himself as some great business leader. His track record - based on business results and comments from those who have financed him - suggest otherwise. He is a fantastic marketer and promoter. Just like the Kardashians. I view them all about the same in terms of their ability to lead a complex organization.

12-Feb-24
"Yeah, cuz the lefties are so eager to forgive him! Lol! They’ll just find a way to be offended by his apology and twist it into another super-crime to pin on him."

70, it wouldn't be for lefties, but real Trump supporters who see an unforced error which, if apologized for, could show a little humility and an admission of an honest mistake. I think it would set anti Trumpers back on their heels....including Nikki Haley.

12-Feb-24
Yep, should have kept his mouth shut

12-Feb-24
"Two Words Donkey: 1- Shut, 2- Up!" : Shrek.

12-Feb-24
This thread is very premature.

Do we not remember the comments he made on the run up to 2016? He’s just getting started. Hopefully Haley will quit wasting money after SC and then the machine will fully focus on what’s necessary.

12-Feb-24
It’s politics during campaign season. Who cares. Harris called Biden a racist and then he picked her for VP

12-Feb-24
It's hard to take anyone serious that acts like a 10 year old. If Trump stays in the race it will ensure another 4 years of some of the same ole same ole. Not that there's been a big difference in many decades

13-Feb-24
Wake up guys and smell the coffee. Trump will never get good coverage even when he does great things. The left wing media won't allow it. Keep voting left, I hope the ones who do lose their hunting rights & freedoms first.

13-Feb-24
Apologize? LMAO! He'll double down and say something even stupider. And the magats will lap it up.

13-Feb-24
Dana, your tds just hit its crescendo, bravo maestro bravo!

13-Feb-24
Add it to his list of “screw ups”. Stay tuned….more on the way. And I’m a Trump voter if he’s our conservative choice when the dust settles. He is his own worst enemy.

13-Feb-24
The funny thing is about his NATO comments even the liberal UK paper and some European leaders confirmed that his hardline tactics got them to invest more in NATO. The EU should contribute just as much if not more than we do, same with Ukraine funding.

• Sitka Gear