fuzzy 16-Feb-24
Beendare 16-Feb-24
Bou'bound 17-Feb-24
Pop-r 17-Feb-24
IdyllwildArcher 18-Feb-24
12-Feb-24

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Someone has had enough of the wolf invasion. Whoever it was I hope they weren’t carrying a cell phone. They tracked down a supposed shooter in NorCal that was near a shot wolf be his cell phone. He wasn’t the shooter though.

12-Feb-24
I get that same ad. Google must think that we both like pretty ladies.

12-Feb-24
Are they considered endangered by the USFW in Oregon?

12-Feb-24
$50K reward? Sh!t people are murdered every day. No one's paying that kinda coin for info on the killers.

12-Feb-24
Easy, just take 3 back released in CO.

Problem solved.

12-Feb-24
Not all heros wear capes

12-Feb-24
I would certainly support sending them back at least 6…

12-Feb-24
why are they "endangered" ?

As of 2018, the global gray wolf population is estimated to be 200,000–250,000.

12-Feb-24
80,000 in North America. Someone on the FB wolf page tried to make the case that they are "endangered" in Colorado, so they should be relisted everywhere. I pointed out that by that logic, mule deer should be considered endangered all across North America because there are none in about 2/3 of the states.

12-Feb-24
Always good to hear there are still heros out there.

12-Feb-24
This is the way the thinking is today. Where I used to live at 1400’ elevation there were some mule ear plant that were growing there. Up at high elevation they grow by the millions but since they were rare at low elevation they were considered endangered. I have a feeling it’s about getting money. I hope this person has kept their mouth shut. 50 grand will cause the closest friends to talk.

12-Feb-24
Sending some back from Colorado is a great idea. 3 replacements & 3 spares. Take 3, get 3 free.

12-Feb-24
Meanwhile, in nearby Idaho, a reward is offered for every wolf legally killed.

"Endangered" is of course a flat-out lie. But then again "Follow the Science" is promoted by the fur-strokers only when it can be made to fit their perverted narrative.

12-Feb-24
Just read something that came up in a Google search that said that wolves are “endangered” in the western 2/3 of OR. How does that even work?

12-Feb-24
Tom, no kiddin

12-Feb-24
They have the state broke down into two regions. East and west of highway 395

East of highway 395 not listed, west of 395 they are listed still.

12-Feb-24
Well whoever it was they need to find the weapon to prove it. Secondly if one decides to shoot a wolf they need to grab the collars and put them on a stray dog lol once the collars sits for so many hours in one spot that’s how they know . I’m sure these won’t be the only ones shot in the future. If they don’t have ballistics of the rifle it will be hard to prove guilt. I like wolves however the dnr has taken a nazi approach to controlling them, no controls in place and let the Run amuck , not good .

12-Feb-24
Can't use the wolves but 50k...

12-Feb-24
I don’t believe the cause of death was released yet for these 3 wolves.

In the past when multiple wolves have been found dead here in Oregon, gunshots often are not the cause of death.

12-Feb-24
Bowhunt,

My thoughts exactly.

12-Feb-24
One thing is for certain, they are no longer endangered, they are dead.

12-Feb-24
USFW provides the majority of the reward money. Probably we pay for that out of the Pittman Robertson tax we pay on the equipment we buy.

12-Feb-24
Interested to see what they come out with for the COD after a few of y’all’s comments….

12-Feb-24
Well whoever it was they need to find the weapon to prove it. Secondly if one decides to shoot a wolf they need to grab the collars and put them on a stray dog lol once the collars sits for so many hours in one spot that’s how they know . I’m sure these won’t be the only ones shot in the future. If they don’t have ballistics of the rifle it will be hard to prove guilt. I like wolves however the dnr has taken a nazi approach to controlling them, no controls in place and let the Run amuck , not good .

12-Feb-24
Meanwhile a bighorn was poached in AZ recently the reward is less then 7k. So a wolf is worth 50k and a bighorn 7k to these people. Logic means nothing to these people it's all emotions.

12-Feb-24
No not all emotion. They are putting money behind their emotions unfortunately. We'd be better off it if was all emotion and no financial backing.

12-Feb-24
Article I saw said they are still trying to see what caused death. Remember when I first went to work in CO they told me to never touch a prince albert tobacco can as thats what the old sheep herders used to put poison in. Who knows

12-Feb-24

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
The Feds have their priorities. I guess wolves are pretty valuable.

12-Feb-24
Poor wolfies. Where do we send flowers? :)

12-Feb-24

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Came across one of these back in the 60s. They were banned in Oregon I believe in 2019

12-Feb-24
They’re only “endangered”, in the libtard, treehugger state to start with.

13-Feb-24
Remember we talkin about Oregon. (Commie state) Will happen in col too. Another commie state.

13-Feb-24
Can we offer 55,000 for 2 more wolves? and, a bunch in WI removed?

13-Feb-24
Don’t do it they said. You’ll get caught they said. Once the collar sends out a mortality signal law-enforcement will be there within minutes they said. Lol

13-Feb-24
There are just a few counties here in Oregon that ruin it for the rest of us… just like CO is and where Idaho is heading.

13-Feb-24
Jaquomo, that's the same "rational" the federal judge from California used to put Wisconsin wolves back on the ESL. The ruling was until they have recovered in their entire historic range (which I believe includes Chicago) they are considered endangered everywhere...

13-Feb-24
The mortality signal doesn't go off for 6-8 hours. The guy doing the deer, elk, and moose "conservation" could literally be in another state before anyone knew or cared. We lost a medical helicopter in a flat farm field a few weeks ago that was on radar and in contact with ATC and base, and they still didn't find til the next morning.

13-Feb-24
Speaking of Oregon. The Karuna Foundation of Colorado gave $50,000 towards the Oregon Ballot Initiative to ban hunting, fishing and raising live stock for human consumption. Karuna Foundation supports and funds organizations and individuals advocating for a vegan lifestyle and the removal of animals from the food system.

13-Feb-24
I am surprised that more people haven't taken it upon themselves to control wolves. At some point, someone will start putting out poison and make a massive dent in the population. The pendulum swings mighty and just having reasonable control mechanisms like hunting and trapping would keep these wildlife vigilantes from acting out.

13-Feb-24
Mark, maybe it is the $50,000-100,000 fine and possible jail time, as a reason that some have not taken it upon themselves. With the way scientific evidence is collected today, a person might not have a chance to get away regardless.

And one that might do this, they will just have to go to the local bar and brag.. "Hey Joe, now do not tell any one, but you know those three wolves that were found dead, I did that and here is how I did it. Now remember, this is just between you and me good buddy, OK?"

13-Feb-24
Mark, I think it's not as easy as might be thought. It took a bounty on wolves and basically every farmer and rancher across the country actively trying to exterminate wolves decades to snuff them out.

And the problem with poisoning is that it also kills bears and wipes out weasel/mink/wolverine type animals.

In AK, wolves are trapped and generally shot on sight and it doesn't dent the numbers.

13-Feb-24
Sounds like illegally killing some animals is supported and illegally killing others is condemned.

What criteria do responsible Sportsman use to determine what species falls into what category.

Is there a common standard ?

13-Feb-24
Criteria? Sportsmen might not but the USFWS = Endangered Species Act status= no killing= penalty if one does

13-Feb-24
If an animal is regulated and has legal hunting seasons, I can't get behind extra-judicial killings.

I think people get frustrated when a specie has no hunting season and is protected under the guise of being endangered when it is not truly in danger of going extinct because it's protection is a thinly-veiled excuse to advance an anti-hunting agenda.

People also get frustrated when urban decision makers force their decisions on rural residents.

13-Feb-24
When you take away someone's reasonable options, its hard to be surprised when they opt for the options that remain.

13-Feb-24
This is great news. I hope they get them all.

13-Feb-24
An ol timers used bacon grease on a sponge - doesn’t digest well.

13-Feb-24
Idyl and Glunt nailed it.

When politics and antis take over management of one particular animal for one particular reason.… that’s when.

14-Feb-24
Who says there's no good news?

15-Feb-24
Sounds like illegally killing some animals is supported and illegally killing others is condemned.

What criteria do responsible Sportsman use to determine what species falls into what category.

Is there a common standard ?

15-Feb-24
I don't know bou what was the common standard on your illegally harvested mountain lion????

15-Feb-24
Ut-Oh...

15-Feb-24
Yikes…. Bou must feel like one of them wolves right about now…shots fired lol

16-Feb-24
I'll bite. I think there's a lot of people who wouldn't break the law intentionally out of respect for the law and the desire to not be prosecuted. But it won't stop those same people from feeling all warm and fuzzy inside when justice prevails through someone else breaking a law that those people don't agree with.

Like when you hear about a father who murders the guy who raped his daughter. You won't see a lot of people advocating murder, but every father of daughters who hears about that, feels a little something well up inside of his gut that feels like justice.

16-Feb-24
^^exactly

16-Feb-24
Here’s I nice little wolf story for ya. My buddy is 62 & was in Minnesota walking into the Boundary Waters to a trout lake with his dog the other day. Dog is red lab & luckily well trained. As they were walking down a lake a large wolf began to follow them and continued to get closer over the next mile or so. When he got to a portage the wolf was within 50’ trying to get his dog. He was yelling at it, throwing sticks & running towards the wolf to try & chase it off. He was unarmed & actually took his auger out of his pack & put it together so he would at least have something to defend themselves with. Eventually the wolf moved further away but hung around waiting & watching most of the day while he fished. He’ll never go unarmed again. Yep, just what we need is more unmanaged wolves.

16-Feb-24
Exactly ^^^

16-Feb-24
Always carry a side arm outdoors. There’s 4 legged and 2 legged predators

16-Feb-24
DL agreed. I carry mowing the lawn

16-Feb-24
Bowbender nailed it, “$50K reward? Sh!t people are murdered every day. No one's paying that kinda coin for info on the killers.”

One to two dozen blacks shot every single week in Chicago….reward- nope. Their mayor is doing almost the polar opposite- deactivating the city wide cams that detect gunshots….and in typical liberal Democrat fashion, ( gotta love this logic) they are deactivating them because they are racist.

Oh but they care about their lower economic citizens- yeah right! Nope, wolves are more important….

17-Feb-24
That’s exactly the message being sent and it’s ridiculous.

17-Feb-24
Lol

18-Feb-24
What message is being sent and by whom?

• Sitka Gear