Wilburness 19-Feb-24
Wilburness 19-Feb-24
Wilburness 19-Feb-24
18-Feb-24

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
I had a mallard do this once, but never a deer

18-Feb-24
Dang.... I take it you didn't see it happen?

18-Feb-24

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Probably wasn’t paying attention in algebra class.

18-Feb-24
At least the beaver didn’t suffer much, the deer had to hang there for hours probably. Neither one is a good way to go.

18-Feb-24
Mother Nature can at times be very cruel. In my years of hunting I discovered a squirrel caught in a sapling much as the deer shown above, and two deer with their legs caught in wire fences. All three animals were deceased with one of the deer having been attacked by coyotes,...it wasn't pretty!

18-Feb-24
The law of statistics was not in the beaver or deers favor there…

One year in PA we saw a doe stuck in the fence and when we drove around to get twords her she was being eaten by a pack of coyotes. Farmer handled it and call the warden, they came over checked it out and off they went. At least she didn’t get completely eaten alive.

18-Feb-24
Don’t like this pic Thornton…your pic of the mountain lion speaks survival and this one speaks suicide.

18-Feb-24
Sorry to disappoint. It was floating around on the internets. I figure she was being chased and took an accidental dive like you serm them do sometimes off bridges.

18-Feb-24
Too funny T-Roy!

18-Feb-24
I like the pic. Animals live hard die hard. That's nature. Incidentally there's a stone quarry near where I live that's been in operation for over 40 years. The clear wall is about 250 feet high and there's a wooded plateau at the top. They pick up dead deer at the base regularly.

18-Feb-24
My Dad told of finding an oak tree that had a double trunk 15-20 feet up. It had been struck by lightning and split and a bear was caught in the split. If he was lucky the strike killed him before becoming "compressed"?

18-Feb-24
A squirrel in my mom’s front yard was apparently coming down a Bradford pear tree very quickly when he got his nuts caught in a fork in the main trunk. Found him there dead, hanging upside down by his scrotum.

18-Feb-24
The irony of Painless posting that is just too rich!

18-Feb-24
you think that deer jumped or fell and got caught in the tree, or was it from a flood?

it sorta looks like it is still alive, the heads seems to be up, rather than hanging more down like i'd expect.

18-Feb-24
My guess is it couldn't breathe and lost consciousness and perished shortly after landing there. Bet the birds liked it.

18-Feb-24

Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo
I found this one while cutting dead ash on an estate one day.

18-Feb-24

Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo
My friend found this one on a job this past summer.

18-Feb-24
Possibly the deer in the tree is because you have a leopard living in your neighbor. Maybe that will give you pause in walking fluffy after dark

18-Feb-24
Silly RK.

OBVIOUSLY a black panther.

;p

But not as if it would’ve survived the fall. Just Ugly that this was the Slow Way….

19-Feb-24
I found the skeletal remains of a buck once. His antlers where still stuck in between two saplings. That had to the worst when the coyotes showed up and started munching on your a$$ while you had to just stand there.

19-Feb-24
I think the body just goes into shock and they don't feel it. Do not know from first hand experience. Seen footage of animals knowing the gigs up and they don't seem go crazy and just accept the fate.

19-Feb-24
carnage!

19-Feb-24

btnbuck's embedded Photo
btnbuck's embedded Photo
Unluckiest mouse I ever caught...He was still alive when I found him. I think if there was a third trap around he would have gotten into it too.

19-Feb-24

Wilburness's embedded Photo
Hit on the road, made it 200yds. into the woods, died in the swamp.

19-Feb-24
Here's the sad part. That does fawn kept hanging around bleating. Tried too catch the fawn. Not happening. Called the local animal rescue,told them I could catch with help. They told me that it would stress the deer so bad, the eyes would bug out and not go back in. Suggested trying to feed sliced apples. Deer is in the driveway bawling away, wife needs to leave doesn't want to scare deer into road. I get em to go into woods. She leaves,shortly after big doe comes in, fawn chases after. Call wife tell her the good news. Hours later fawn is back. Now I"m thinking about ending this, and wife's tears. She will never know . Fawn died in the back yard 3 days later. I was out of town, she buried on the spot.

19-Feb-24

• Sitka Gear