LeeBuzz 22-Feb-24
greg simon 22-Feb-24
KsRancher 22-Feb-24
LeeBuzz 22-Feb-24
Grey Ghost 22-Feb-24
x-man 26-Feb-24
Lost Arra 27-Feb-24
20-Feb-24
Getting carbons out of my block target (and even FMJs) can be a real pain. Block or Readhead...they are the same thing and the issue is the same. Any ideas on arrow coatings or something to make pulling these things out easier.

20-Feb-24
Silicone on the front part of the shaft and Gold Tip field points seems to really help.

20-Feb-24
Irish Spring bar soap or any of the lubes you can get at the archery shop.

20-Feb-24
Seems to me that about anything I put on an arrow shaft to help make it easier to remove also causes it to penetrate deeper kind of negating the benefit?

Haven't tried the soap trick.

20-Feb-24
KY bou go get a tube attach to your quiver. You will be good to go

20-Feb-24
That won’t work John I’m shooting in Massachusetts but I don’t know what difference it makes what state I’m in

20-Feb-24
Any bar soap will work. Just rub it on the last 6", or so, of the arrow. It will usually last for 2-3 shots before you need to reapply.

20-Feb-24
Arrow lube. I use Scorpion brand. Grab arrow tight up against target. Arrow pulling tool or jar gripping pad. Twist while pulling.

20-Feb-24
Hammer curls and some heavy deadlifts will help with your grip strength Bou. But then you’ll shoot a stronger bow and heavier arrows. And the cycle will just repeat itself.

20-Feb-24
Never heard of the bar soap thing, gonna have to give that trick a try... Thanks for sharing...

20-Feb-24
I’ve had good luck with easy pull points and woody’s arrow lube in 3d targets.

20-Feb-24

Will tell's embedded Photo
Will tell's embedded Photo
I use these to get a good grip.

20-Feb-24
I bought a new sevr target two years ago. I could not get those arrows out without a good fight. I bought some venom arrow lube and would shine up the first six inches every ten shots. This worked fine and eventually the target was shot enough to loosen up and no lube was needed as long as I stayed in a 3 inch circle. I hated that target at first but now realized that I may of actually bought a great ten year target. Its so big that I have only shot on one dot for two years- about ten to twenty arrows a day.

20-Feb-24
The bar soap trick has been around since carbon arrows first came out. I'm surprised some of you have never heard of it.

20-Feb-24
Arrow Gripper- Check

I like a little paraffin block over the silicone. Sliding those silicone arrows in your quiver spreads that silicone around. Not a huge deal...but the paraffin is better.

The Morrel targets are great for arrow pulling unless you have sleeves on your arrows- PITA with those.

20-Feb-24
Adding soap to your arrow every few shots is a PIA IMO. Suggest you use a foam target for broadheads and a bag target for field points and only shoot bullet points into the bag target. The tapered field points can wrap around the internal stuffing as the arrow spins into the target on some bag targets and make it really difficult to extract the arrow from the bag target, especially if using a collar or an outsert on the arrow. The bullet style point is easier to extract since it’ll push the stuffing rather than wrap it around the point.

20-Feb-24
Automotive Turtle wax helps a bunch & lasts a while. Added bonus is that arrows are quieter on the rest in hunting situations.

20-Feb-24
All helpful thanks guys

20-Feb-24
I use hotel soap. It's small and easily fits in your pocket. You'll develop a little groove in your soap in no time. Hit the first 6 inches of the arrow before a shot. Works wonders. Also use a gripper arra puller. No issues.

21-Feb-24
Is it OK to leave Block targets out in the weather?

21-Feb-24
Yes. It helps the arrows go right through when the target gets wet. Helps with extraction too when they bury past the fletching.

22-Feb-24
I never have an issue pulling mine out since I don't hit the target.

22-Feb-24
I have a piece of 3/4" PVC pipe with a sponge inside that I keep wet with dish soap. Every few shots I dip the arrow (just the tip :)) . Makes it super easy to pull out of the high density foam targets.

22-Feb-24
#1-NEVER shoot a bag target with a broadhead... exploratory surgery will leave a big hole in the bag. #2- Blunt tips badly deforms a bag target in about 3 shots. #3- Quick fix; jump up and down on it until flat again, place inside a large trash bag and saranwrap it up.

Here in Az the best thing to standup to our blazing heat is a compressed carpet bale. Problem is the glue in the carpet easily heats up and sticks to the arrow shaft. Way around that is to use soap on the shaft. Best I found was using a moistened Scent Killer dryer sheet soaked with All free and clear laundry detergent. Keep it in a sliding zip-lock bag for portability. Might work on new foam targets too. But ours are so cooked and shot up the arrow buries to the fletching.

22-Feb-24
I use a thing called Man Strength to pull my arrows. Looks like lots of ya'll are having to find substitutes for that!!! ;) ( The previous statement is a joke. For anyone who might think otherwise.)

On a side note: What is the best way to get arrows out of trees? Asking for a friend of course!!!

22-Feb-24
Unscrew and leave broadhead in tree. Heard that tip from a friend:)

22-Feb-24
^^^ Leatherman multi-tool... unscrew the tip and dig it out if you really want it back. Shot a nice Muley buck at 50yds 20° downhill. Passed through into an alligator juniper tree right up to the shaft. Nothing better to do while waiting to start tracking.

22-Feb-24
I nearly amputated one of my pinky fingers trying to pry a broad head out of a tree (missed grouse shot) while elk hunting. Had a 4 mile hike back to camp, then a 4 hour trip to the ER, afterwards. From then on, I've decided the tree can have 'em, and just unscrew the arrow.

26-Feb-24
Bar soap and give it a twist to break the melted bond. It's the heat from the friction that melts the foam and welds it to the shaft.

27-Feb-24
Armor All or any tire shine on an arrow shaft makes it easier to pull. Spray some on a rag and hang it off your belt or hip quiver. Just don't wipe the full length of the arrow.

• Sitka Gear