WV Mountaineer 05-Mar-24
IdyllwildArcher 06-Mar-24
Beendare 06-Mar-24
Bou'bound 06-Mar-24
Genesis 10-Mar-24
NM highcountry 11-Mar-24
Genesis 11-Mar-24
05-Mar-24
It seems high-end items like these never go on sale. Is there anyway to pick these up for less than $3500?

05-Mar-24
other than the obvious used market, open box discount, refurbished, i'd say it is unlikely with that brand and model.

05-Mar-24
eBay has some new from dealers. MSRP went from 3369 to 3499 recently.

They are a total splurge item Simply the best binoculars in the world at a price that is also at the top

Not that you buy optics to resell them, but Swarovski optics are unbelievable in terms of value retention

My original SLC were sold for more than I bought them for five years after I bought them when I upgraded to a pair of EL‘s in 2005

My EL‘s were sold for more than I paid for them when I upgraded to a pair of NL pure in 2023

You certainly don’t need to spend that type of money to have glass that’s far more than highly functional but if you want to, you probably won’t regret it

I will say that it’s amazing what the NL line did to the EL line because you can get EL now for about 2100 I believe when they were up 600 more than that prior to the NL’s

If it wasn’t for the NL‘s, the ELS would still be considered the gold standard, and they can be had at a relative bargain today because the line above them was upgraded yet nothing negative was done to their quality

So I would scour eBay and you’ll be surprised what you can find there from very legitimate online optical shops

One place I would definitely call is where I ended up buying mine from which was Cameraland in New York they did not charge which saved a couple hundred and they did not charge the most recent MSRP at the time because they had them in stock at the old MSRP and we’re willing to honor that so between those two benefits I think I saved almost $400 in the spring of 2023, because the MSRP prior to the 3369 number was I think 3199

05-Mar-24
One other thing you may want to consider and you probably know this because no one considers these binocs without scouring reviews online, including YouTube podcasts and chat rooms, but there is a school of thought that the 12 X are a viable option as well

The main benefit of the NL‘s aside from ergonomics is generally identified as edge to edge clarity, and increased field of view, both of which were already exceptional with the EL

Essentially the NL 12 X have a field of view even at the higher power that was the same as the EL at 10 X would

Some would say take the extra two you’ve still got phenomenal field of view and if you happen to be concerned about holding 12 versus 10 steady Check out the forehead adapter

The forehead adapter is another 159 bucks. It works like a charm. The only downside is when it’s mounted to the binoculars they don’t fit in the chest pocket

The 12 X are only another 40 bucks more I believe than the 10 X

05-Mar-24
I saw a pair of 12x42s listed on Africanhunting.com a few weeks ago. Brand new listed for $3100 with Outdoorsmans adaptor

They sold quickly.

05-Mar-24

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Sorry they were repaired. Not new

05-Mar-24
Camera land of New York has good prices,i need to look and see what mine are but they may be up for sale.

05-Mar-24
Cameraland x2 is where I got mine

05-Mar-24
Camera land x3. There is a certain guy to talk to.

05-Mar-24
Doug

05-Mar-24
What Boubound said. I got the 12 NL and compared with the 10 EL I still had, and felt the field of view was about the same. I can hold steady enough freehanding to not want the forehead rest, especially considering the harness conflict. Anything other than a quick check, I’d use a tripod, anyway.

05-Mar-24
What Boubound said. I got the 12 NL and compared with the 10 EL I still had, and felt the field of view was about the same. I can hold steady enough freehanding to not want the forehead rest, especially considering the harness conflict. Anything other than a quick check, I’d use a tripod, anyway.

05-Mar-24
Here's a Cameraland story for you....I've bought a few different optics from them over the years....starting with my Swaro SLC's that I bought about 30 years ago now [for $630]

I bought my 10x NL's and went on a couple vacations with my wife inc Norway...then rolled right into a hunt- gone for about a month. I rarely get a voice mail- so never really look for those.

Cameraland had a problem with my CC going through and they had left me a message almost a month earlier.

I called Neil to get it squared away when I realized and I thought they would be freaking out. Nope, he said, "No problem, we knew you were good for it"

Good outfit, you have to call them though for best info and pricing

05-Mar-24
Doug’s the real deal. His prices are too.

06-Mar-24
Interesting thoughts. The website says that the 10s and the 12s each weigh 840 grams. One would think the 12s would weigh a little more...

The problem with 12s is that they're definitely confined to open country use and I'd also need a pair of 8s for WT hunting. Right now, I just use my 10s for WT hunting. They're not ideal, but survivable. But I definitely wouldn't want 12s WT hunting.

06-Mar-24
Worth considering- I never used to have an issue holding large Binos steady. Now in my 60's I don't hold as steady as I used to, 10x is my max I would consider.

I've helped my guide buddy who has those 12x- effing awesome binos for sure. Me, I really need them on a tripod to take full advantage of the extra power- YMMV

06-Mar-24
I mentioned camerlandf right out of the box on this thread.

I would definitely call is where I ended up buying mine from which was Cameraland in New York they did not charge which saved a couple hundred and they did not charge the most recent MSRP at the time because they had them in stock at the old MSRP and we’re willing to honor that so between those two benefits I think I saved almost $400 in the spring of 2023, because the MSRP prior to the 3,369 number was I think 3,199

10-Mar-24
I like 12’s for WT hunting from a tree and especially like them for scouting acorns and persimmons in treetops over my 10’s

11-Mar-24
I bought a pair of 8.5x42 EL’s in 2004 for $1400 sold them in 2019 for $1400. I bought a pair of 12x50 EL’s in 2019 for $2200 and I bet I could sell them right now for the same price or more. Take good care of them and you’ll get your money back someday.

11-Mar-24

• Sitka Gear