TGbow 13-Mar-24
Kanati 13-Mar-24
fdp 14-Mar-24
fdp 14-Mar-24
Kanati 17-Mar-24
fdp 17-Mar-24
Groundhunter 17-Mar-24
13-Mar-24
Anybody use their hang on stand as a mobile ground hunting seat? I like to stand and sit so my stand gives me a nice level place to stand . I feel more ready when i stand. Moving is easy too.

13-Mar-24
I prefer much lighter options. Any number of chairs or stools, and it's not difficult to find or make a level spot.

13-Mar-24
I feel i can shoot to my off side when im standing. Sitting is too much movement.

13-Mar-24
"I prefer much lighter options. Any number of chairs or stools, and it's not difficult to find or make a level spot.".....yep.

13-Mar-24
I have used it on occasion when I didn't know if I would set up in a tree or on the ground. I've also done it where I've just hung it as high as I can and had a super awkward climb in but then I'm 5 feet off the ground, and once in the tree I'm 10 feet off the ground. Had a moose walk under me like that one time. But it's not my #1 go to for that situation.

13-Mar-24
I've hunted on the ground most all my life, tree stands occasionally. As mentioned above, I prefer as light a chair as I can get but yet comfortable. The stand idea would be good if I didn't have to tote it in. Just me but if I'm gonna tote in a stand I'd just soon get elevated..but for me that's 10 to 12 ft

13-Mar-24
Backpack straps.

14-Mar-24
A Torges tree seat of one type of another is my go to most of the time.

14-Mar-24

fdp's embedded Photo
fdp's embedded Photo

17-Mar-24
If i wanted to just sit there are alot better seats then this.

17-Mar-24
Ehhhh.....depends on your need, how often you move, and how important weight is.

17-Mar-24

Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo
Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo
i bought this about 15-20 years ago.

still use it every so often…especially during firearm season.

17-Mar-24
Before my accident, and I shot vertical, I stayed very mobile. I had a light hang on, on my back, used one stick and could change quietly in an instance.

This allowed me to find hot spots, that later may come back too, sit higher and longer.

In northern swamps. 5 feet was plenty, plus kept you with good covet.

I high hill country, it worked well.

Apex Predator is a crotch stand, the guy is doing seminars on this, but really nothing guys have not been doing for many years.

Now in hill country I use a Millenium tree seat. Put pack straps on it, weighs nothing, quick set up. Works well with my crossbow.

• Sitka Gear