jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
My family doesn't buy meat, save for some chicken, so I like to stretch the wild game we get. I shot a Cow bison two years ago on an Indian Reservation and recently cooked up the tongue in the instant pot. It is fantastic! Mild flavor and tender. I turned the liver, along with a pair of pronghorn liver, into sausage. The pronghorn is so mild I used little seasoning but was a bit more aggressive with the bison seasonings. Both turned out very good, especially on rye bread and brown mustard. I'm not a huge fan of just liver so sausage is a great way to use it.

16-Mar-24
I'd like samples please!

16-Mar-24
Looks good... I luv pickled beef tongue but first time I ever seen tongue meat separate from the textured skin.... Did you eat any of the textured skin?

16-Mar-24
Tongue meat is excellent. My two girls beg me to make it all the time. My wife and son can’t get over the mental picture of a tongue. I told them the other day “you eat eggs don’t you? Look where those come from” lol

16-Mar-24
The dog got the textured skin, I can only handle so much!

16-Mar-24
I am sooo relieved that turned out to be a tongue......lots of part "wobble"!

16-Mar-24
At first I thought it was a nuclear powered shrimp !

16-Mar-24
Im just never hungry enough to eat tongue.. ughh.. ??

16-Mar-24
That looks delicious.

18-Mar-24
Good stuff. I grew up dirt poor…eating heart, tongue and other cheaper cuts of meat.

i always take the heart from game animals and usually fry that up with butter and garlic that night

Pro Tip (Ha!) - its best in the first 12 hours- less chewy…rigor hasn’t changed the meat proteins yet. Though i like it anytime…though it sometimes doesn’t freeze as well.

18-Mar-24
Tongue is one of my favorite meals. Yummy.

• Sitka Gear