longsprings 17-Mar-24
molsonarcher 17-Mar-24
Nick Muche 17-Mar-24
molsonarcher 17-Mar-24
Nick Muche 17-Mar-24
pav 17-Mar-24
molsonarcher 17-Mar-24
17-Mar-24
Just checking in on Rouge outfitters on a sitka deer hunt. Anyone hunted with them? Pros and cons appreciated

17-Mar-24
I think it’s actually Rogue, unless they started cross dressing. LOL

I have heard they do a decent job, but my understanding is they are more a rifle outfit than archery, but that could be wrong too. No personal experience with them.

—Jim

17-Mar-24
Thanks buddy

17-Mar-24
You are correct my bad got Rougue spelled wrong.

17-Mar-24
I've hunted Jeremy's area a few times, you'll have no problem finding a buck to arrow. Great operation.

17-Mar-24
I guess I don’t know them or him well personally, but I know of him and have met him and talked a few times. Like Nick said, as far as I know, he’s a class act.

I don’t know where he hunts for sure, but I think I know generally. All I can say is that where I hunt deer numbers are as low as I’ve ever seen them. So low in fact, last fall I elected not to shoot bucks because they were so far and few between, I feared there wouldn’t be adequate stock to breed does. I hunted for a Chuck Adams sized buck but was unable to find anything.

17-Mar-24
Thanks for your feedback

17-Mar-24
I talked to him last year. Seemed like a straight shooter and didnt mind answering any questions. That being said, his blacktail hunts require a float plane and are I believe only 4-5 days. Im still considering it myself.

17-Mar-24
Don't most blacktail hunts on Kodiak require a float plane?

17-Mar-24
Im not sure;)

Ive heard about some boat hunts!

17-Mar-24
Those usually require a float plane as well...

17-Mar-24
Experienced the boat-based Sitka blacktail hunt with Rogue Expeditions in November, 2022. We flew from Kodiak to Old Harbor in small aircrafts which landed on a runway not far from the boat. Really bad weather prevented us from reaching the desired hunt area. The area we were forced to hunt was not far from Old Harbor. Very few deer sightings and terrain was not very bowhunter friendly. All four bowhunters ate our tags and two rifle hunters were only able to kill one small buck.

That said, I have zero regrets about that hunt. The boat captain and cook were awesome. Did the best they could with such limited mobility. We knew going in that booking the hunt in November was a risk...but our goal was to hunt rutting Sitka blacktails on Kodiak...so we took a chance.

17-Mar-24
Nick, i was unaware of that My bad ;)

• Sitka Gear