drycreek 19-Mar-24
Rock 19-Mar-24
t-roy 19-Mar-24
GFL 19-Mar-24
goyt 19-Mar-24
RutnStrut 19-Mar-24
Pat Lefemine 20-Mar-24
19-Mar-24
I have a granddaughter that is showing some interest in hunting. I have purchased some Redneck Blinds to hopefully make it more enjoyable for her. I am in the process of selecting exact locations for them. I have an L shaped field with a spoil pile and a pond on the outside of the L. The deer wrap around the spoil pile/pond and enter the field near the outside corner of the L. With some chain saw work I can erect the stand in the woods where I can cover the trail coming to the field and the field. This will break up the blind some and make it harder for deer to see the blind while entering the field from that side. However, the same tree line that make it hard for the deer to see the blind will obstruct some shots. The other option is to put the blind just on the field side of the tree line and save a lot of work. Almost all setups that I have seen have had elevated box blinds more out in the opens. Based on your experience, do you think that the pros out weight the cons when it comes to concealing an elevated blind?

19-Mar-24
Just place it out early and the deer should get use to it. Keep the wind right while hunting.

19-Mar-24
I would think concealment would be tough for a blind like that and probably not necessary. Put the blind up in the next couple months and by the time October rolls around it will be part of the woods. I've had deer walk within feet of an unconcealed blind on the ground before. But it had been there awhile.

19-Mar-24
Mine sits in the wide open with some orchard trees around it.Hardest part is getting to and from.They walk right by it

19-Mar-24
What Paul said. They will get used to it but they will always know it’s there. Every time you shoot from it with a firearm you will educate the ones that don’t die to some extent. Always enter and exit with the wind in your favor and never hunt with the wrong wind is my cardinal rule.

19-Mar-24
No need to try concealing it, especially if elevated by hunting season they will not care about it unless you make noise while in it.

19-Mar-24
Agree with the others on this. The only suggestion I would make would be to try and screen the entry/exit door somehow, to hopefully lessen the chance of educating the deer to your presence when entering or leaving the blind.

19-Mar-24

GFL's embedded Photo
GFL's embedded Photo
They pay zero attention to mine.

19-Mar-24
Thanks guys. I will prioritize clear shooting lanes and ease of installation. They are scheduled to be installed April 14th so they should be good to go for the next season.

19-Mar-24
IMO the bigger issue is concealing your entry/exit from the blind.

20-Mar-24

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
This ^^

That’s my biggest problem with my blinds. Especially this one which overlooks my kill plot. There is no way to exit it after the evening hunt without blowing out the field. I may move it. Tough call.

• Sitka Gear