BULELK1 05-Apr-24
BULELK1 18-Apr-24
midwest 18-Apr-24
Hunts_with_stick 18-Apr-24
HDE 18-Apr-24
22-Mar-24

BULELK1's Link
Here is the link to apply.

Proposed tag ##'s available in early April.

'Ya gotta Believe'

Good luck, Robb

22-Mar-24
Did mine yesterday.

22-Mar-24
did mine yesterday to. Thanks Robb

22-Mar-24
Did mine today

23-Mar-24

BULELK1's Link
Here is the link for the Regs booklet for those that may need it or missed my previous thread.

Y'all are welcome.

I'm down to just LE Deer and a Bull Moose now.

I don't need another Bull Moose on the wall so I might just Mentor the tag if I happened to draw it.

Good luck, Robb

23-Mar-24

BULELK1's Link
Double---

Good luck, Robb

23-Mar-24
In for general deer, LE elk, mtn goat, and bighorn sheep. Points for all the rest. Waiting period for pronghorn.

23-Mar-24
Went with a bonus point this year as I am booked to hunt Elk in British Columbia in 2025. So i'll go with a bonus point next year as well. 16 pts as of now non-resident LE Elk.

23-Mar-24
This is my free pass year. Just need to get it in before 4/11 when my license expires. 14 points for deer and elk and probably still 6 plus years out from drawing a tag. :-(

24-Mar-24

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
This is why I'm down to LE Deer and Bull Moose.

Ressy's can only do 1 OIL species and 1 LE species a year, not like Non-Ressy's that can go across the board and apply.

So, I would pick an OIL species and apply until I drew then start over from scratch on another OIL species.

Good luck, Robb

24-Mar-24
BP or PP for all except Desert sheep, Big Horns and Goat. For both my wife and I

I’m getting close with 21 elk points. I’ll burn them in a year or two. On a unit without simultaneous hunts. May have to settle for less trophy quality. But prefer less pressure to inches at this point.

24-Mar-24

BULELK1's Link
Here is the draw odds link from earlier this year thread.

Enjoy,

Robb

25-Mar-24
I was going to wait until later in the application. But decided I would do it the day it opened, as it turns out my annual license expired on March 21, so I was able to apply without purchasing the small game license. Pretty cool.

31-Mar-24

BULELK1's Link
Good for y'all getting 2 applications off 1 license!

Here is the Proposed tag ## link.

I haven't had a chance to spend much time reading through it all as I have been gone all week, sharing visual intel/boots on the ground, down on my last year's D-Ram unit and over onto the Virgin River unit with a fellow and his Mrs. that should draw.

Fun times.

Enjoy the Proposed #'s link,

Good luck, Robb

02-Apr-24
I did four states last night lol Colorado, Nevada, Maine & Utah. I Commit to one preference tag as my go to hunt each year. Then pick all other hunt choices based on that hunt’s dates. So I’m kinda committed to burning my deer points for the lone Pauns archery deer now. Most my other choices are after Sept 13th.

03-Apr-24
Does Utah still require the purchase of the combination license? I just purchased my points the other day and my 2023 combination was expired 2/22/23... I was able to get a confirmation number for the purchase of the points, at no point was I flagged to buy the combination? I can call to find this out as well just thought I would throw this out there on this topic...

03-Apr-24
If your hunting license is still valid from last year’s draw you can apply without having to buy a new one. If you keep track of this you can usually get 2 years of apps on the same hunting license.

03-Apr-24
Thanks as always Robb! So i see 3 tags recommended for some of the top elk units. This will help with some of you waiting for others to draw so you can move up! If some units list only 1 tag for any weapon early elk can i assume that that one tag can only be awarded through the random draw?

If so that doesn’t seem to be good new for those that have been waiting getting old for 20+ years. Haha. I thought in recent past most units gave 2 NR any weopon tags. One to random draw the other to max point NR individuals.

Anyhoo….. Ya gotta believe!!!

04-Apr-24

BULELK1's Link
I'm pulling for ya Ken on that Pauns tag-------->

Heck yeah TJ, for many years I've sent emails to RAC members to have at least 2 non-ressy tags in the LE species.

Y'all are Welcome.

Let me just answer the questions this way, see my link, scroll down and along the bottom is the Edit, Withdraw and next to that to the right is the update Credit Card.

'Ya Gotta Believe'

Good luck, Robb

04-Apr-24
Crap or get off the pot…. Is that what you’re saying?

Lol

04-Apr-24
Robb, Ya I ended up thinking about it and ultimately decided to pull trigger this year due to the ability to draw only one LE/OIL tag per year. To have any chance at burning any of my other species points while healthy it's best to start ASAP. I will just have to get by with educating myself on the Pauns as best I can, and going a week in advance to scout. I've front end loaded my work schedule so I will have five full weeks to devote to this hunt. Would be nice if I could pull some mid-September elk hunt to do a combo while out there. That is what my other state applications are geared towards. Even some raghorn unit would work.

05-Apr-24
Perfect.

As the draw date gets closer, I'll share the 'Backdoor' to see if ya drew.

Or what I used on my Black Bear draw earlier this year/March.

Good luck, Robb

18-Apr-24
Just a reminder, with N. Mex posted, about 7 days left to apply here in Utah.

Good luck, Robb

18-Apr-24
Done and prepared for the next round of disappointment!

I know...."I gotta believe"! ;-)

18-Apr-24
Me too!

18-Apr-24
I'll be hunting deer in UT this year. Changed up the others to points after NM results came out.

• Sitka Gear