Beendare 29-Mar-24
Catscratch 29-Mar-24
12yards 29-Mar-24
Beendare 30-Mar-24
Beendare 30-Mar-24
Timex? 30-Mar-24
24-Mar-24

Beendare's Link
Interesting study showing Canadians are twice as likely to have home invasions vs in the US. Toronto police are telling people to leave their key fobs near the door so the armed robbers can just take their car.

Who knew? -sarcasm of course. Disarming the population in emboldens criminals.

From link: Contrary to the arguments and false logic on the left, gun control fuels spikes in violent crime. The recent push by Canada to ban handguns is a telling case study, and voters and policymakers here in the U.S. would be wise to scrutinize the consequences.

Instead of reducing crime, this draconian policy has emboldened criminals and left Canadian citizens defenseless. The most damning example has been the recent news from Toronto, one of North America’s largest cities, where police are urging residents to take unprecedented new measures to avoid contact with violent criminals:

“To prevent the possibility of being attacked in your home, leave your key fobs at your front door, because they’re breaking into your home to steal your car. They don’t want anything else.”

This advice from the Toronto Police Service is a nonanswer to crime, and it does more to empower and encourage crime than deter it.

Criminals in Canada already act with no care for the law. Now, they have yet another reason to be confident when planning a home invasion: Their statistical chance of running into an armed homeowner is low — and will eventually be near zero.

A disarmed Canadian populace is leading to a prevalence of “hot burglaries,” i.e., those that occur while the residents are home. Other countries that have strict gun control laws, such the United Kingdom, have similar problems. In fact, a study by the University of Chicago Law School found that half of the burglaries in Canada and the U.K. meet the definition of a “hot burglary,” while only 13% of burglaries in the United States can be defined that way. Can anyone really be surprised by this gross discrepancy?

24-Mar-24
Someone tell Kamala we already have gun laws in place. She just announced a new federal government bureaucracy for red flag guns.

24-Mar-24
Get a life, Bruce. We all know gun control isn't the answer. Do you have any constructive ideas that you didn't read from your biased news sources?

24-Mar-24
GG - which news source should we look to? Since you are the leading expert in all things critical thinking, please advise so nobody bores you anymore (insert eyeroll).

24-Mar-24
That article is written as an opinion piece.

I'm not a fan of gun control but if I think I'm going to need a gun in a defensive situation in or around my home I don't grab a handgun.

24-Mar-24
HDE, I can’t teach critical thinking to you. You have to learn it on your own. Good luck.

25-Mar-24
HDE- don't worry, nobody can teach tact or humility to GG. He knows better and is morally superior to anyone and everyone. We're all so fortunate to have him around to tell us how uninformed and simple we all are.

25-Mar-24
On a brighter note a judge has ruled it’s ok for illegals to own firearms under our 2A. So a high cap mag isn’t protected by our 2A but an illegal is got it. Makes sense to me.

25-Mar-24
GG - that's NOT what I asked. Aside from critical thinking, you should brush up on reading comprehension. Hooked on Phonics may be a good place to start...

25-Mar-24
Oh GG …..thanks for being so worried about my well being.

Sorry for forcing you to address the many total fails of your beloved Dem party….many smart people weigh the facts and make common sense decisions. Some people such as yourself can’t handle truth and facts because it doesn’t jibe with your political loyalty.

I get that you can’t…and you don’t realize that says a lot about you as a person. I have a well tuned BS meter and had you pegged when you were probing me for freebie's offline.

25-Mar-24
On topic; Do we need to do a better job of keeping firearms out of the hands of these whack jobs and criminals?

Heck yes. We have laws on the books for that.

The stats in Canada clearly show the unintended ( or maybe not) consequences of disarming law abiding citizens- it gives criminals the upper hand.

Instead of taking guns away from wall, biting citizens, how about they make the penalty, much stiffer for possessing a stolen gun or crimes using a gun?

25-Mar-24
No new law will ever suppress the illegal use of guns, or any other weapon as..... CRIMINALS DON'T OBEY LAWS!

25-Mar-24
Yeah read about people in Toronto installing bollards on their driveways that go up and down. Now you have to pay to defend what you bought after getting 80% of your money sent to the government.

25-Mar-24
On topic; Do we need to do a better job of keeping firearms out of the hands of these whack jobs and criminals? Heck yes. We have laws on the books for that.

Which laws and why aren't they working?

25-Mar-24
Laws are fine, its the liberal AG's that won't prosecute or plead down every case. NYC and other Democrat run cities act like a revolving door. It is shocking how many career criminals get a slap on the wrist and are let go. Look at the guy they just paroled in Illinois that killed a 12 year old boy defending his Mom. We need to go back to three violent felonies you are locked up for life.

25-Mar-24
"Its not always about the punishment"- AG Ellison in MN. Yeah, would expect that from a guy who perhaps thinks a women's dress can be too revealing and she is at fault for an assault. The kind he has been accused of by former girlfriends.

No seriously, he wants to sue some car mfgs. for making their vehicles too attractive to steal by today's gun wielding car-jackers. Blames it on GOP stating the truth about crime statistics in his democratically controlled cities. What an elitist moron.

25-Mar-24

Matt's Link
And in other news, FL implemented constitutional carry and murders declined. Time will tell whether the trend continues, but at a minimum it contradicts what the anti-gun crowd predicted would happen.

25-Mar-24
How 'bout ONE VIOLENT FELONY?

25-Mar-24
It’s the same liberal twisting of the facts.

GUN VIOLENCE mantra

What they hide from the sheep in sheep’s clothing liberals. Is that inside the Firearm death numbers

Are the liberal cities crime and gang violence. That they refuse to prosecute.

If you remove the liberal cities out of control crime. And Suicides.

And only count 1st offenders committing a gun crime. then “Gun violence is non consequential

And as the old saying goes. with there being hundreds, and hundreds of millions of legally owned firearms in this country,

If firearm owners were the problem, you would know it

25-Mar-24
“Which laws and why aren't they working?”

You should ask Fani Willis and her vigilante-justice judge the same question. You don’t seem to have an issue with their law abiding tactics.

25-Mar-24
beg, do you know that we have a form that you have to fill out to buy a gun from a dealer ? Do you know if you lie on that form it’s hardly ever prosecuted ? Do you know that most criminals’ guns are stolen ? Do you know that in the major cities of the democrat controlled states they don’t allow you to carry without a permit but criminals do anyway ? Those are the laws he’s talking about. Do you know that in these same jurisdictions the authorities are turning criminals back to the streets about as fast as cops arrest them ? Last time I checked it was against the law to use a gun to rob or kill, is that enough laws for you or do you need more ?

25-Mar-24

Mike B's embedded Photo
Mike B's embedded Photo

26-Mar-24
I'm still waiting to find which news source to turn to.

26-Mar-24
Liberals constantly abuse facts, they state that gun violence is one of if not the leading cause of death in the USA. Actually, its abortion.

26-Mar-24
“Liberals constantly abuse facts, they state that gun violence is one of if not the leading cause of death in the USA. Actually, it’s abortion.”

Yet none of them here are able to dispute those facts. Or they simply refuse.

26-Mar-24
Mike B, great point.

Actually, gun control would work in theory...if you could persuade criminals to obey the law.

It's not just "liberals" that advocate gun control.

26-Mar-24
^^^ criminals, liberals. Same difference.

26-Mar-24
TG, there is no basis for “gun control”. Criminal control, swift and just, is the control we need. It’s very hard to make an impression on a criminal when you slap his hand or turn him back out on the street. There very well may be folks who aren’t textbook liberals that advocate for gun control, if so they are not very smart or well informed. For anyone to be afraid of or be repulsed by an inanimate object is just dumb. Save your fears for something useful, like Slow Joe getting re-elected. Now there’s something to be afraid of !

26-Mar-24
Yes I know all that, drycreek. Beendare literally said we need to do a better job keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. It is an admission that the laws we have aren’t working to keep the guns out of the hands of criminals. So I’d specifically like to know what he thinks we can do to do better.

26-Mar-24
BEG - if irrelevant politicians and bureaucrats would enforce those laws and if crackerjack clown college "judge's" would not go soft on crime, criminals would not get them...

26-Mar-24
beg, one very good way would be to punish criminals instead of coddling them, but in today’s atmosphere, one would have to be a dictator to do that. Our whole country has gone soft, we, as a nation, simply are too damn mushy to do what is right. Murderers need to be executed, dope dealers too, criminals convicted of gun crimes need to do real hard time, but most of all we need to vote liberals out of offices that either don’t charge criminals or turn them loose on the public time and time again. Criminals who have a rap sheet as long as your arm are routinely arrested again and again. Lock the bastards up and throw away the key !

26-Mar-24

Basil's embedded Photo
Basil's embedded Photo

26-Mar-24

Basil's embedded Photo
Basil's embedded Photo

27-Mar-24
Drycreek,I think you missed the whole point of my statement. Criminals don't care what the law says..therefore, gun control is useless.

27-Mar-24
TG: " Criminals don't care what the law says..therefore, gun control is useless. "

BINGO! If some nutcase is planning to do one of those mass shooting events, does anyone really think they give a rats patootie about breaking a gun law?? If a felon is caught with a firearm there should be an unavoidable, immediate, mandatory 10 year sentence no matter your race, color or creed.

There's thousands of gun laws on the books now, and adding to them won't change a thing until the prosecutors and judges enforce the laws we've already got.

27-Mar-24
Guns are truly a unique thing in American society, I know folks that view them as an art form that collect them, there's hunters like myself that view them as tools to hunt or defend one's self with , then there's those that view them as nothing but weapons of violence & destruction,,,,,,very few things in America society are viewed by folks with such contradiction as firearms.

It would be very interesting to see an, AI, program loaded with the founders point of views & then asked questions pertaining to our current society's hot topic issues.

One things for certain,,, Americans & firearms are a unique thing. The basic complete sellout of the firearms & ammo industry after sandy hook , showed us that,,,,the same dozen folks at the Wal-Mart sports counter every Thursday afternoon buying all the. 22 bricks, boxes of .223 & buckshot the sales clerk would allow.

The only thing stupider than the hoarding of ammo after sandy hook.........was the hoarding of toilet paper during the covid debacle.......tell Americans they can't have something and watch em go like hamsters on a wheel.

27-Mar-24
we recently had a criminal chalk up his 1600th incident with authorities, he was released again ! A 14 year old who killed his buddy in a stolen car with a gun that the owner left in his car and the owner will be prosecuted because of a new law passed last year UNBELIEVABLE

27-Mar-24

Ricky The Cabel Guy's Link
"It is an admission that the laws we have aren’t working to keep the guns out of the hands of criminals. So I’d specifically like to know what he thinks we can do to do better."

keeping people like this off the streets would be a good start.

Suspected NYPD Shooter had 21 Prior Arrests

27-Mar-24
Ronald, that's what leftist do, blame everyone and everything except the real problem.

27-Mar-24
TG, I got your point, but I expounded on it a little. My soapbox is always handy when gun control is the subject ! ;-))

BTW, the only “gun control” we need is to always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, never point it at something you don’t want to kill, and hit what you’re aiming at !

27-Mar-24
“It is an admission that the laws we have aren’t working to keep the guns out of the hands of criminals. So I’d specifically like to know what he thinks we can do to do better.”

For starters, all that needs to happen is for the current administration to administer the law to common folks, with the same vigor they administer the law to trump. That in itself would put a huge dent in the problem. So why is that such a difficult concept to grasp…?

27-Mar-24
^^^ simple. The common folk are not a threat to those who think they are all powerful...

29-Mar-24
Just for you BEG….the party you continually defend has installed prosecutors in over 70 locations that IGNORE the current laws we have on the books and continue to let crooks back on the street.

The link is to a one of the best researched articles I’ve seen, Rogue Prosecutors and the Rise of Crime By Cully Stimson of the Heritage Foundation

It illustrates how the Liberal progressive Dem AGs, DAs and liberal prosecutors have literally created more crime and violence in the US- all due to Dem policy.

Excerpt; Predictable Results Crime rates have exploded in the cities that have elected rogue prosecutors.

In the five years before 2018, when Larry Krasner was elected in Philadelphia, there was an average of 271 homicides per year. Since 2018, there has been an average of 457 per year—of which 83 percent of the victims were black. Non-fatal shootings have risen from an average of 1,047 per year to 1,588 per year; aggravated assault while armed with a handgun went from 2,209 per year to 3,116 per year; retail thefts went from 7,412 per year to 9,084 per year; and auto theft went from 5,691 to 8,665 per year.

In Chicago, in the six years before Kim Foxx became state’s attorney for Cook County in 2017, there was an average of 510 homicides per year. That number rose to 660 in her first year, and through 2022 it averaged 666 per year—with over 75 percent of the victims being black.

To put this carnage into perspective, between 2003 and 2010, there were 3,481 Americans killed in action in Iraq, an average of 435 per year. In the war in Afghanistan, between 2001 and 2014, there were 1,833 Americans killed in action, an average of 141 per year. Chicago’s annual murder rate dwarfs these figures. It is not an exaggeration to say that parts of Chicago, on any given weekend, have become domestic war zones.

29-Mar-24
So many convicted criminals out on the street all due to liberal progressive policy.

One of the most recent was NY cop Jonathan Diller by a guy that had 21 previous arrests with gun charges- and they let him out on no bail. Existing laws- BEG…but Dem prosecutors let them walk. Now his one year old kid will never know his father.

Liberal Dems just don’t get the fact; some of these people are just plain bad

Article. What to know about the fatal shooting of NYPD Officer Jonathan Diller:

Diller, 31, was shot and killed during a routine traffic stop in Far Rockaway, Queens, on March 25, 2024. Suspect Guy Rivera opened fire on Diller on Monday evening after the cop approached the vehicle Rivera was in for parking in front of a bus stop.

Diller was shot once in the stomach below his bulletproof vest. The married father of a 1-year-old boy was rushed to Jamaica Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

Rivera was wounded when Diller’s partner returned fire. The suspect has 21 prior arrests and was found to have a shiv stored in his rectum during the shooting — in apparent anticipation of being sent to jail again.

Lindy Jones, the ex-con behind the wheel of the car during the shooting, was also arrested after a second gun was found in his car.

29-Mar-24
Kind of like asking the judge for a divorce after catching your wife cheating on you 21 times... and it being denied because there's no way she'd do it again. A lot of this stuff is unrealistically weird.

29-Mar-24
HDE I was once told I was victim of the propaganda machine of the elites when we were debating a subject on Facebook. She kept referencing articles from CNN to show me the errors of my thinking. So maybe CNN is where the truth lies. LOL.

30-Mar-24

Beendare's Link
Political, heck yeah. When John Lott exposed the FBI’s failings in reporting defense by firearm- the entire liberal media pounced on him as it destroyed their narrative.

As a guy who has used a firearm myself to ward off 3 punks breaking into my truck and never reporting it to the police here in Ca… I can believe this is way under reported..

From Lott; Unfortunately, the news media unquestioningly reports the FBI numbers. After 22-year-old Elisjsha Dicken used his legally-carried concealed handgun to stop what would have been a mass public shooting, an Associated Press headline noted: “Rare in US for an active shooter to be stopped by bystander.” A Washington Post headline proclaimed: “Rampage in Indiana a rare instance of armed civilian ending mass shooting.”

The CPRC’s numbers tell a different story: Out of 440 active shooter incidents from 2014 to 2022, an armed citizen stopped 157. We also found that the FBI had misidentified five cases, usually because the person who stopped the attack was incorrectly identified as a security guard.

We found these cases on a budget of just a few thousand dollars. Though we found that armed citizens had stopped eight times as many cases as the FBI claims, I make no assertion that we unearthed all of these stories. It is quite possible that the news media itself never covers many such incidents.

While the FBI claims that just 4.6 percent of active shootings were stopped by law-abiding citizens carrying guns, the percentage that I found was 35.7 percent. I am more confident that we have identified a higher share of recent cases, and our figure for 2022 was even higher – 41.3 percent. More at link So is the politicized FBI purposely trying to mislead the public for politics?

30-Mar-24

Beendare's Link
More from Lott:

The politicization of crime data

“The FBI data on active shootings is missing so many defensive gun uses that it’s hard to believe it isn’t intentional. Errors can happen, but the failure to fix past reports shows a troubling disregard for the truth”

Link to real clear article titled, “FBI Data on Active Shootings Is Misleading“ Excerpt; Americans are constantly debating policing and gun control. But to discuss these issues, we have to depend on government crime data. Unfortunately, politics has infected the data handling of agencies such as the FBI and the Centers for Disease Control.

Last year, the CDC became the center of controversy when it removed its estimates of defensive gun uses from its website at the request of gun control organizations. For nearly a decade the CDC cited a 2013 National Academies of Sciences report showing that the annual number of people using guns to stop crime ranged from about 64,000 to 3 million. The CDC website listed the upper figure at 2.5 million.

Mark Bryant, who runs the Gun Violence Archive, wrote to CDC officials after a meeting last year that the 2.5 million number “has been used so often to stop [gun control] legislation.” The CDC’s estimates were subsequently taken down and now lists no numbers.

30-Mar-24
Sure am glad I live in the country.......folks do sometimes want to mess with me when I'm riding my harley for some reason. .....I want to be away from them & they want to be right there with me,,,it gets annoying. Followers I call them, their going 60 you pass em at 65, their on your ass you speed up to 70, they still on your ass, you slow down they don't go around,,,,,really gets on my nerves. Been driving trucks for 23 years , I'm used to dummies in cars, but can fully understand how road rage incidents happen. Yes there's a glock on my harley. In fact there will soon be a large frame 45 instead of the compact 9mm.....

• Sitka Gear