Cut2Kill 16-Apr-24
Highlife 17-Apr-24
Bou'bound 18-Apr-24
stealthycat 18-Apr-24
Boreal 18-Apr-24
Vonfoust 18-Apr-24
Bou'bound 18-Apr-24
04-Apr-24
Saw him the first time in 1976. Opened with Stranglehold. Lost 25% of my hearing that night. Saw him twice more after that in the late 70's and early 80's. Always a great show.

He spoke at the Iowa Whitetail Classic one year and I got my Black Widow recurve signed by him. His talk was really good and funny as hell. He's very articulate at explaining the virtues of hunting. I'm sure there will plenty on here to cut him down for some of the things he's done or been accused of.

04-Apr-24
I like him. He’s extremely intelligent. And, while he likely rubs people wrong with his unapologetic approach to protecting the 2nd amendment and hunting, there’s room for all sorts of personalities to share the carrying of the those torches. Including his.

Brash and in your face is often a turnoff. But, it’s often what it takes to get people’s attention. When communicating with people is your intent, it’s pretty good advice to get a hold of their attention strings quickly. And, when communicating with people who are threatening your way of life, emotion is a good thing. As long as it’s presented in an articulate, intelligent way. Nobody on the planet is better at that then Ted Nugent.

04-Apr-24

Nyati 's embedded Photo
Nyati 's embedded Photo
He was fun to bear hunt with too

04-Apr-24
Always been a fan of his music and his stance on hunting and guns. I believe he is 100 percent correct on his post.

04-Apr-24
I'd enjoy a campfire chat with Ted, he must have some stories. scentman

04-Apr-24
I enjoy bowhunting.

I enjoy the wango.

I enjoy uncle Ted.

04-Apr-24
When I saw him at an NRA convention years ago he talked for 45 minutes with never a pause and no notes. I was sitting twenty or so feet from him. I was duely impressed. He is very intelligent but I suspect I could get tired of him after awhile. Not taking anything away from him, I get tired of lots of folks after awhile. :-))

04-Apr-24
Me too drycreek.

04-Apr-24
Midwest. My dad says the same thing. He went to a concert of his in Wichita, Ks somewhere around 1980. He said absolutely the loudest concert he has ever been to. He mentioned that the crowd would get to pushing so hard people's feet were coming off the ground. He said he probably went 20ft without touching the floor. And today he can't hear squat

05-Apr-24
"There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period."

i can take or leave ted...but the above statement is false on a number of different levels.

first of all...as it pertains to "accidents"...there are many firearm accidents that dont have anything to do with the situations that ted lists.

second...while what he is saying might be somewhat accurate on the perpetrator end...it couldnt be further from the truth on the victim end...but then again those arent really "accidents."

05-Apr-24
Ricky, go to work man.

05-Apr-24
wv mountaineer...im at work man.

05-Apr-24
Most hunters, appreciate his message so much they overlook the style in the delivery, which is certainly over the top

The problem is since 90% of the population doesn’t hunt the people he comes in contact with the majority of the time don’t overlook the delivery and to them he’s a delusional, bombastic crazy guy who’s difficult to even understand and that doesn’t paint a good picture of hunters, regardless of how pro hunting his message is

It’s really unfortunate because he’s not stupid. His thoughts and positions are very sound. He’s just highly ineffective at preaching to anyone, but the choir in a way that would change the hearts in mind of people who may be on the fence.

05-Apr-24
"It’s really unfortunate because he’s not stupid. His thoughts and positions are very sound. He’s just highly ineffective at preaching to anyone, but the choir in a way that would change the hearts in mind of people who may be on the fence."

so true...its like a politician that gives red meat to his base.

05-Apr-24
Yeah, I'd sooner listen to his music than listen to him 'preach to the choir'.

The guitar solo in 'Fred Bear' is absolutely amazing. He hangs it all out there and holds nothing back. Might not be the most 'technically' great guitar work, but you can tell he's putting his whole heart into it.

05-Apr-24
He's a draft dodging pedophile...whats to like ??

05-Apr-24
Now the fun starts!!!

05-Apr-24
Yeah. He generally rubs the soft skinned pretty hard. While I agree with ‘bou to degree, I also understand that a lot of the nonparticipating crowd doesn’t get so easily offended.

Remember that a lot of the same people grant referred to said your voice does not matter. You are a simpleton. So simple your boycotts and your morals are laughable. Yet, proved to be very effective regardless. So, there is reality that says some people do indeed like being treated like a child. Instead of treated fairly as a competent and reasoning adult. Whatever floats your boat I reckon. Just set back and take it like ‘bou suggests you too. It’s working well isn’t it.

SMH.

09-Apr-24
I grew up on Ted's music, saw him in concert twice, one with Toby Keith. Good stuff there! I don't really care for him as a spokesman for hunters. I really don't. Years ago I heard him speak at a Wisconsin Bowhunters event. He offended everyone in the room. I need to dig my notes up, I am a note taker. Not saying his message was bad, he talked about fat people, chewing, drinking, smoking, and more. I remember on the way back with 3 other guys, none of them heard any of it, they blocked it all out. LOL I wish I could do that. BC

09-Apr-24
Uncle Ted is all American love the guy!!!!!

09-Apr-24
You fanboys can have him.

His statement is not true and he can be a narcissist a hole. Like his music but he is not the best guitar player ever regardless of what he says, lol.

All American draft dodger, fixed it for you.

09-Apr-24
He’s sorta like Trump. Ted is not trying to be all things to all people. He knows who he is and doesn’t give a sh1t whether anyone likes it or not. Can be a very effective communicator until he blurts out something crazy.

09-Apr-24
I always had an appreciation for Ted, his music of course, but especially his unapologetic love for America, his energy, and his willingness to speak his mind. I don't claim that he's perfect, far from it, but his degree of openness has become increasingly rare.

I'm always amazed that some people seem to hold the couple of things they don't like about someone above the 90% of the things they do like about them. Isn't that what makes things interesting? Hell that's why they make chocolate and vanilla. Some people even enjoy mint-chocolate, which to me is almost a crime against humanity (but YOU can feel free to eat it).

I get that Ted is not for everyone ... few are, but I'd share a fire with him anytime and I bet we'd agree on 95% of the topics we discussed.

09-Apr-24
Technically that could be said about cheating on tests at school, running red lights, speeding, and a million other things. The guy can play guitar. Hell of a musician.

09-Apr-24
Always been a fan! He supported my high schools Outdoorsmen Club and was even scheduled to come and speak at the school but something came up and he couldn’t make it. He called the school personally and talked to my friend to explain why he couldn’t come. He’s outspoken and does get out in the weeds a bit. I’ve seen a few of his shows and they never disappoint.

09-Apr-24
There's 10% hunters. There's 10% anti-hunters. There's 80% in the middle. Ted speaks very well to the 10% hunters. The others not so much which means there are 90% that I'd rather not hear him.

09-Apr-24
Anyone of you negative wieners that have had an impact on hunting more then Ted please show you credentials... guy is stand up... has done more for music and conservation, and I am grateful to him and his family. scentman

09-Apr-24
Don't confuse noise and volume as impact. Impact is changed hearts and beliefs. Does Ted change the minds of people who have different beliefs or does he appeal to a group who are already of a passionately entrenched common mindset.

A minister screaming from the pulpit to a church full of believers is not changing anyone's mind or leading people to their souls being saved in that audience, but one layperson doing a good deed on the street out front of the church may change a non-believers path and lead to a saved soul. Who had a bigger impact? Who did more to create change? It wasn't the visible vocal demonstrative guy out front of a group of like-minded people.

I agree with Teds messages and beliefs, but hate his delivery with a passion, but that does not matter. He is not doing anything with me, I am already where he is philosophically. I really believe that is the same with many other people. Being seen and heard by 10,000,000 with a pro-hunting message on Fox News does not matter if nobody moves from anti- to pro- because of it.

Think of something you have a firm belief in and think about being exposed to a message contrary to it. Are you more likely to shift your thinking if the message and facts, are shouted at you in a rant that is difficult to understand and follow by a person who appears impatient and radical or by someone who chooses to speak calmly and deliver a cogent message that give you credit for being able to think and comprehend and allows for a bit to dialogue?

Ted is a master at further reinforcing people's current beliefs regardless of what they may be. Hunters watch and proudly say "see I told you!" Non-and Anti's watch and declare "see I told you!".

So my opinion is he does not do much of anything for recruitment of people to our side. in fact my concern is his delivery is so polarizing that he actually pushes neutrals to antis.............................not because his facts are wrong, they are not, but because he comes across as so "out there" that he can bolster the ugly and unfair stereotype of the bloodthirsty, uneducated, redneck, killer for fun that too many people already think of when they think of hunters.

09-Apr-24
Well written Grant.

09-Apr-24
Timex Im surprised I thought you would have the same delivery method as Ted.

09-Apr-24
^^^^^^

09-Apr-24
Ned a few more wore out Fords?

09-Apr-24
Timex. Keystone is not really beer. But I think deep inside you know that

09-Apr-24
RK X2, except for the knowing part. That’s up in the air.

10-Apr-24
Lost his hunting privileges several times. Resorted to high fence only. I’m all about speaking up for guns, but I’m not so sure that he is doing us any favors in that area

I used to be an exhibitor at a show in Novi Michigan. He was the guest speaker every year. They paid him $12,000 to speak for one hour. The last time he was there he was saying it’s your God-given duty to kill every rodent in your neighborhood, skunks raccoons cats. He went on include stray dogs. The crowd didn’t seem to care for that. Neither did the show promoter. He was never invited back.

10-Apr-24
If we always take the advice of our opposition on how a spokesperson should present themselves, we’d get a lot farther with the non hunting crowd. Yeah, that’s solid advice guys. Solid indeed.

Ted speaks to the crowd he’s in. That’s what paid advisers do. Put him in a crowd of hunters and you get fireside talk. Put him infront of an agitator bent on protesting YOUR bill of rights, he’s going to act accordingly.

I know on the pages of bowsite, anyone pecking out a living hunting or being a spokesperson for the 2nd amendment is supposed to be humble, poor, and only hunt public land. But, that would eliminate about 99% of everyone else too. Including those that don’t like him.

Gave it. Everyone thinks they know best. But, few ever exercise that. They just bitch about the people who do. At least on this site anyways.

10-Apr-24
Never cared for his music ..I'm more of an Allman Brothers type.

10-Apr-24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2N0Utg7KYE I realize there are some issues with him as well but I'll take this approach over anything I've ever seen from Ted. I probably agree with almost everything from each of them it's just that in my mind one approach has a shot (see what I did there:) at changing some minds or at least walking away with respect on both sides, and one doesn't.

10-Apr-24
Back in the early to miss 90's, I was going to college and working in an archery shop near the twin cities. There was a fella, can't remember a name for sure, but he was a staff shooter for Hoyt I believe, and a good friend of Ted's who'd come around and hang out at the shop. Great fella, and my boss, Ken, was big into the Wisconsin and Minnesota bowhunting groups. Now if Ken was putting together a banquet or something of that nature, for a bowhunting group, this fella could get him hat, arrows, even a bow or 2, signed by Ted, the stuff would come right to the shop, prepaid shipping and never cost a dime. Now, I may or may not agree with Uncle Ted all of the time, but that is putting your money where your mouth is. He may be an outlaw in some people's eyes, but I gotta believe that his heart is solid gold.

10-Apr-24
Rinella has more class and ability to change hearts and minds in his toe than the other guy has on all his high fence ranches added together.

10-Apr-24
“Ted as a sportsman's representative, I share in most his beliefs.....not so much his delivery methods.”

Funny, Teds not the only one that is accused of that!!!

10-Apr-24
Ricky, maybe you should take it upon yourself to show us all how it’s done. You take a post and pick one stupid thing to jet on. That’s not even the point.

You talk ballerina auditions at a football game party?

11-Apr-24
^^ Yup, the idea of 'privacy online' is hopelessly naive.

"it will often be sliced and diced and taken out of context. "

"Anything you say can and will be used against you" was never more true.

11-Apr-24
I totally agree, not even debatable.

11-Apr-24
I think Ted has been a net negative for hunting overall. JMO

14-Apr-24
Never was into music like his so know very little about that genre. I did however read something the other day that piqued my curiosity. It pertained to his song ‘Jailbait’. I looked up the lyrics and was floored. I am the dad to 2 daughters and 9 granddaughters (6 who are in their teen years now). My question to the members on this thread touting his benefit to hunting is; do you overlook the creepiness and vulgarity of a song like this?

Is this not along the same lines as the Epstein debacle?

Again I’m not really that familiar with him and have no idea how long ago this was written. The article where I found the lyrics indicated that it was produced and performed. What am I missing? Do you give him a pass on this?

14-Apr-24
Just as with Trump, some people get their puffy genitals hurt over a delivery method while they completely ignore the message.

14-Apr-24
Mike, you’re exactly correct. It doesn’t matter what the message is if the delivery turns people off. Much like facts don’t care about feelings, feelings often don’t care about facts. When trying to “turn” people to be hunting supporters, if you meet their feelings with facts presented in a fashion that comes off as arrogant/dominant/“my way or the highway”, they’re likely going to stop listening and not buy what you’re selling no matter what the content of your message is. If you meet their feelings with similar feelings presented as our side actually being the side that helps the cause they care about (the benefit of wildlife) they’re much more receptive. You can rarely turn feelings with facts, but can often turn feelings with facts + compassionate feeling. Ted and the fella you mentioned have some accurate facts, but the fact that they have no compassionate feelings in their sales pitch turns a lot of folks off, which gets their cause nowhere and arguably hurts it.

15-Apr-24
So true. There is a world of difference between educating someone (telling them something new and true) and changing their heart and mind which is necessary for their actions to be changed.

15-Apr-24
Who else is speaking up for hunters? The Left wants silence ,screw those who get butt hurt over Nugent.

15-Apr-24
Well said, Captain !!

15-Apr-24
Good post Boggs. Myself as a hunter sometimes get caught up and find myself enjoying the way he presents it but for the most part I don’t think it’s a good or the right way to help change people’s view on the other side.

Never did like his type of music and there’s his support of high fences which is not good. Didn’t know about the song that someone up above mentioned. I googled the lyrics and if he was that type then that’s just horrible.

Few of the things I like is how he dresses like a hobo out in public and his vocabulary. He’s an entertaining speaker.

15-Apr-24
If someone is good for a cause the vast vast majority of the time the people in favor of said cause are aligned with the voice of support.

Funny how for 40 years not even hunters as a small subset of the total population can rally behind this advocate. To me that has always been very very telling when not only the “other side” finds the voice unappealing, but also a significant size group of the side the voice is on finds It unappealing as well.why???

if you’re supposed friends, don’t wanna be friends with you how in the heck are you supposed to win over the enemies?

15-Apr-24
I read his auto biography. We all.make mistakes thru life He has turned alot around and made ammends to those in his life that matters. I wish him well

15-Apr-24
He sure can write a song.

JAILBAIT

I've got no inhibitions So keep your keys out of your ignition I steal a car like I got the curse I can't resist the old lady's purse

Jailbait you look so good to me Jailbait won't you set me free Jailbait you look fine, fine, fine And I know I've got to have you in a matter of time

Well, I don't care if you're just thirteen You look too good to be true I just know that you're probably clean There's one little think I got do to you

Jailbait you look so good to me Jailbait won't you set me free Jailbait you look fine, fine, fine And I know I've got to have you in a matter of time

Sad but true

So tell your mama that I'm back in town She likes us boys when it's time to get down She's got this craving for the underage; I just might be your mamas' brand new rage

Jailbait you look so good to me Jailbait won't you set me free Jailbait you look fine, fine, fine And I know I've gots to have you in a matter of time, now babe

Honey, you, you, you look so nice She's young, she's tender Won't you please surrender She so fine, she's mine All the time, I woke my mind

It's all right baby, it's quite all right I asked your mama

Wait a minute officer; wait a minute officer Don't put those handcuffs on me, what about her? Hey, I'll share her with you!

15-Apr-24
What a bunch of something or other. Don't like it don't listen to it. Christ you remind me of my redneck cracker uncle who freaked out because his 13 year old daughter listened to Olivia Newton John singing Let's get physical. We still bust his balls over it

15-Apr-24
Song came out about 1980. Not sure I'd care to be judged today for the person I was back then...

15-Apr-24

16-Apr-24
Bou, instead of your obvious bashing of Ted here, why not shoot him an email with your concerns and get back to us on his response.

16-Apr-24

16-Apr-24
Ted's a two time convicted poacher. No different than the SSS idiots.

I agree with Bou'bound.

16-Apr-24
Scent , instead of your obvious support of Ted here, why not shoot him an email with your gratitude and get back to us on his response.

Highlife please don’t refer to me as Christ.

16-Apr-24
‘Bou is doing such a great job of practicing what he preaches, he doesn’t have time to send Ted an email.

Youall have to remember the condescending tone and remarks he has for all his fellow bowsiters, concerning boycotts. Your opinion means nothing. Zilch. You are only acting a fool if you think any company would miss hunters dollars.

That’s the crap anti’s want you to believe. And, that’s the crap that ‘bou preaches. But, he’s got this one right. There’s no need for an articulate, well spoken, intelligent defender of your 2nd amendment, if he’s passionate about it. Only those among us that don’t have a backbone is relevant.

Yeah. Atta’ boy ‘bou. You nailed it again.

Ted doesn’t have to be your flavor. But, it’d take a clown to suggest gun owners and hunters would be better off without him. A true clown.

16-Apr-24
I just got in from work, poured me a spritzer and typed in bowsite... read Bou's last post. Do you know what it feels like to have selzer shoot thru your nose? Lol! That was priceless! scent

16-Apr-24
WV you make a very valid point and I think you are right. I was wrong. I appreciate you calling it to my attention in that way. I apologize.

16-Apr-24
Have always liked Uncle Ted's music, stranglehold and Fred Bear among them. He is an intelligent and articulate supporter of hunting, bowhunting, 2nd amendment rights, and our Country, which is getting harder to find these days. His message is right on, even if his delivery triggers some sensitive individuals. How anyone who hunts, or owns firearms can diminish what he has accomplished is beyond me. Maybe you keyboard clowns should get out there and try to accomplish a fraction as much.

17-Apr-24

18-Apr-24
Why would he care what a bunch of strangers on an internet chat room say. Why would he care? It’s irrelevant banter. Why would strangers uninformed opinions result in him devoting any energy or emotion to the topic? Do people really get exercised about that kind of thing ?

18-Apr-24
Ted was a slime ball as a young man - did he repent later in life, apologize and really be sorry? I don't know, I don't know the man

Relationships with teen aged girls Nugent's 1981 song "Jailbait" describes having sex with a 13-year-old girl.[63][64] Nugent admitted to several affairs with underage girls in a Behind the Music episode.[65][66] Musician Courtney Love claims that she performed xxxx on Nugent when she was 12. On a later occasion she said she was 14.

In 1978, Nugent began a relationship with 17-year-old Hawaii native Pele Massa. However, they could not marry due to the age difference. To get around this, Nugent joined Massa's parents in signing documents to make himself her legal guardian.

18-Apr-24
Remember when PETA, ALF and HSUS got in that big fight about messaging and tactics? No? Me neither.

18-Apr-24
Meh.

18-Apr-24
Boreal

That’s the point I made above. Thank you so much.

The fact hunters can’t align on an advocate either makes the group the issue or the individual ( advocate) the issue. You don’t see that on the other side which you noted so wisely. Their advocates are ,if nothing else, at least supported universally by their group………….as misguided as they may be

So on this decades old debate about one given human and his voice / style / visibility / impact we either have a “ the whole group is messed up because they can't agree” issue or a “single person issue” that is the root cause generating such entrenched and divergent opinions.

Regardless of position, pro or con the voice, this topic has had polarizing opinions within our community of sportsman since the 90’s and nothing is going to stop it.

• Sitka Gear