Recurve Man 15-Apr-24
WV Mountaineer 15-Apr-24
WV Mountaineer 15-Apr-24
Shiloh 15-Apr-24
Supernaut 15-Apr-24
Bou'bound 16-Apr-24
Nomad 16-Apr-24
15-Apr-24
ACM has nominated Lex Price as bass player of the year. After his wife passed away he stopped touring so he could raise his daughter. He does mostly studio work now and it was the studios that made the nomination. Most people think country band members as the only thing on their albums. Actually, top singers get the best musicians to fill in their albums. Lex is on many top country albums and actually did six instruments on one album the Pistol Annies did.

15-Apr-24
Lex, You're rightfully proud of your son.... he's super talented, gifted.

15-Apr-24
That is awesome Shuteye. Congratulations to him and you !! Great stuff right there

15-Apr-24
Awesome to hear this for him. Sounds to me like a great man to basically give up a career to raise his daughter. That’s tell me a lot about his priorities and character. You raised him up right my friend.

Shane

15-Apr-24
Yep. That’s a man that understands his responsibilities. Congrats on that first and the nomination second.

15-Apr-24
Yep. That’s a man that understands his responsibilities. Congrats on that first and the nomination second.

15-Apr-24
Congrats!! That’s an awesome story

15-Apr-24
Congrats to your son and to you for raising a fine man!

16-Apr-24
congrats to both of you!

16-Apr-24
it takes a special man to put his daughter ahead of his career. Congrats to him and to you.

16-Apr-24

Nomad's Link
I got to chat briefly with Lex at the Minnesota Zoo Amphitheater a number of years ago. He was playing the Case/Lang/Veirs tour. The opening act played, then while they were getting things ready for the main show the clouds rolled in & they were as black as I've ever seen them. Warnings were issued, equipment was covered up, & the show was put on hold. Lex & a couple of guys were standing around on stage (most of the crowd had taken shelter) so I took the opportunity to go up & say Hi! I told him I kinda knew his dad from Bowsite & he got a chuckle from that. We chatted for 10 minutes or so, told me they were headed to Canada next. The show ended up being canceled, the ladies never did show themselves, & they never rescheduled the show. Too bad, I was looking forward to it, especially knowing Lex was gonna be playing.

P.S.........That's Lex on the bass with the beard!

• Sitka Gear