Scrappy 16-Apr-24
Murph 16-Apr-24
greenmountain 16-Apr-24
Jaquomo 16-Apr-24
midwest 16-Apr-24
midwest 16-Apr-24
Corax_latrans 16-Apr-24
16-Apr-24
I have programmable hearing aids and was wondering if anyone on the site has had their hearing aids programed so they can hear a gobble better. I know Terra sales hearing aids that people say works well, but I thought it would be nice to have my daily hearing aids programed. Thank you.

16-Apr-24
Mine has a program for my elk hunting. Definitely can hear a distant bugle but still struggle with what direction the bugle came from. Have decided I have the best that technology has to offer at this point. Hearing loss sucks, PROTECT YOUR HEARING FOLKS

16-Apr-24
My dad wears them and evidently he don’t have the programmable ones or don’t use the technology, however when his head perks up from hearing a gobble you better get ready to draw your bow..

16-Apr-24
I am still adapting . The guy who sold me mine says that there is a lot we can do to make my hearing experience better. I have several programs to go through. I am thinking of an outdoors setting that will give me a little more power than normal. I like the bluetooth settings. In a plane trip last week I was able to set the volume way down and relax. Tell your kids to wear hearing protection when mowing the lawn.

16-Apr-24
Yes. Mine have a "hunting setting" that amps up the higher range frequencies where my loss is most profound. The only downside is that when the wind blows, its pretty loud, but I can hear elk bugles, gobbles, putts and purrs, etc like never before. I had that same setting programmed into my previous pair and it really helped, but these new Oticon's are next-level as far as clarity. They were spendy, but worth every penny.

16-Apr-24
I have the same setting on mine, Lou. The audiologist made me promise to never, ever shoot a gun with it in that mode. lol

16-Apr-24

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

16-Apr-24
“The audiologist made me promise to never, ever shoot a gun with it in that mode.”

Don’t your aids have the limiter to cut out when things get loud? That should be pretty standard. I know a few things from having bought 3 or 4 pair for my son before we got him the bionic implant….

I’m several years overdue for a set…

• Sitka Gear