BC173 18-Apr-24
Beendare 18-Apr-24
Jaquomo 18-Apr-24
Bou'bound 19-Apr-24
Ironbow 19-Apr-24
Corax_latrans 19-Apr-24
17-Apr-24

WV Mountaineer's Link
Can’t help myself. This video popped up on my you tube feed. Out of curiosity I watched it because the trailer showed the stringer breaking while attempting.

I noticed a lot of things in the video. The biggest was how much set his bow took when he started trying to string it. Makes me wander the real weight of the bow. How would the 198 @ 28 be accurate if the bows never been strung?

Or, am I wrong? Would a self bow backset back to a straight profile?

BTW, it’s a stupid video. Fast forward to where he starts stringing it. And, know it’s not the ending you’ll be hoping for when that stringer breaks.

https://youtu.be/4xcwtVGQDW4?si=Bz3_MR88Id49aid_

17-Apr-24
Awesome thanks for sharing

17-Apr-24
To bad the bow didn’t snap in two and impale that poaching douchebag through each ear.

17-Apr-24
But can you tell us how you really feel T-Roy?

—Jim

17-Apr-24
Not without emojis…

17-Apr-24
Troy is just shy, it takes a really important event to bring him out of his shell. ;-))

17-Apr-24

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
4nolz@work's embedded Photo

18-Apr-24

18-Apr-24
9 minutes of Josh Bowmar, probably without a shirt? No thanks

18-Apr-24
He's got a video of himself playing in the background.

t-roy x 2

18-Apr-24
Imagine how much money we could make if we could arrange a Josh Bowmar Cam Hanes death match on PPV?!?

18-Apr-24
Nice to see this guy getting the recognition he deserves.

18-Apr-24
WOW! Doesn;t take a rocket scientist to predict what was going to happen there! I figured it out about a minute into the video. The only disappointing thing about it was the limb NOT knocking some (common) sense into him! ;-)

18-Apr-24
Jeez he's Bevis and Butthead all rolled into one.

18-Apr-24
When the good lord made aholes, he got in line twice. Friggin jackwagon.

18-Apr-24
Life is so much different for this younger generation.

When I was growing up the guys that could do it didn't pound their chest about it....

.......now everyone is, "Look at Me, Look at Me" whether they can do it or not. It's the new generation of self promotion.

18-Apr-24
^^^ this

19-Apr-24
Awesome thanks for sharing

19-Apr-24
It doesn’t take 200# of effort to string a 200# bow. When you string a traditional bow you are only pulling a very short distance compared to where the draw weight is actually measured, like 50# at 28”.

When he can actually pull his body weight with a compound and a trad bow, then I MIGHT be inclined to be impressed.

19-Apr-24
Well, if a 2-minute search of the internet counts, the world record is at #200. An Englishman named Mark Stretton didn’t believe that “Chief AJ” had done it here in the US, so he got a #200 WarBow and (reportedly) spent 5 years training into it.

So this Bomar guy was thinking that he could mail-order a world record class bow and shoot it…. right out of the box.

Suuuuure…

I found another guy who weighs a buck seventy and had video of himself drawing what he said was about #200 to 30”. Maybe that bow was spec’d #230@32”?

“When he can actually pull his body weight with a compound and a trad bow, then I MIGHT be inclined to be impressed.”

Hmmm…. Rolling the cams on a compound at your body weight would be a trick, but shooting a heavy trad bow and a compound at the same weight are a world apart. I guess you either know or you can’t even imagine….

I’m happy with my #62. That’s just a pound short of half what I weighed when I got home from my Elk trip last fall. Call it good!

• Sitka Gear