Will 01-May-24
fdp 01-May-24
Will 01-May-24
Aspen Ghost 01-May-24
greenmountain 02-May-24
buckeye 02-May-24
Bow Bullet 02-May-24
01-May-24
I hope equipment questions are still allowed here. I have an older Reflex bighorn . It has 60# to 70# limbs. My shoulders are no longer able to handle the load. Does anyone have 50# to 60# limbs kicking around? I wonder how far I can back the limb bolts out safely with the existing limbs. I know I am in the dark ages but I have a long draw length and the Bighorn fits. Thank you all, Bob

01-May-24
You talking about a Bighorn stickbow? If so limbs could not be interchanged without being custom fitted...

01-May-24
He's talking about a compound that was made/marketed by Reflex Archery. I've seen the Bighorn II, but not the Bighorn.

01-May-24
Isn’t that the one they kept producing so that Chuck could have a new bow every year??

If so, and unless you are a committed finger-shooter, you’ll probably need a newer bow. And chances are good that there is a reasonable market for it in good, used condition simply because it’s finger-shootable.

I’d be inclined toward picking one up myself, if I could find a short enough DL, but I don’t recall whether those were adjustable or needed a specific mod…

01-May-24
Get on the Facebook group for vintage compound bows. Someone might be able to help.

01-May-24
Get a crossbow Ole timer;0) scentman

01-May-24
You cannot back out the limb bolts as far on the older bows, some only 3 full turns.

I’m curious…why not just buy a bow built in this decade? There are many that will handle long draw lengths and they are SO MUCH better…..

01-May-24
You may want to look into getting a set of limbs made for it. I'm mad that I am blanking on the place I remember people going to for years when a manufacturer was having issues with limbs... Barnesdale, I think is what I was thinking of. You could check with a company like that to see if they could set you up, if you can not find lower poundage limbs on the used market...

01-May-24
Will it might be Barnsdale Archery Manufacturing in Michigan you are thinking of.

01-May-24
fdp - that's the one! Thanks!

01-May-24

Aspen Ghost's Link
This guy says you can back it out 6 turns but I have no idea if he's correct. You might want to measure the bolts and see how many threads are still engaged when that far out.

02-May-24
Hello All" Thank you for your points. I will pull my limbs off and verify engagement. The bow is a Bighorn intruder. I am guessing it is the 2002 model.

02-May-24
I shoot a 2003 model. 21 years old. I love it. Have no desire to buy another one. So I understand your wanting to keep something that works for you. Good luck on finding your limbs.

02-May-24
You might want to also post over on ArcheryTalk. I found a set of limbs for my 2011 Hoyt Maxxis when I posted there.

• Sitka Gear